CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

oil sippage on diff

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 63 AMG BS
oil sippage on diff

I was just checking under the car as i had my car for a week, noticed some oil on the left side of the diff where the pipe comes out and connects to the cooler in the back, there was no oil on the ground though, any thoughts.. has any body had this? any thing to worry about ?
Attached Thumbnails oil sippage on diff-content-__media_external_images_media_208.jpg  
Old 09-13-2011, 09:06 PM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
Any chance on posting a clearer image?

JDB
Old 09-13-2011, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
I'm not sure if it was your thread or one of the ones somebody else started regarding known issues and service bulletins on the BS, I posted that some of us needed rear dif seals replaced. If its not your seal it just the overflow but unless your really beat on it on a track I have not heard of them overflowing from normal street use.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:44 PM

clk 63 AMG BS
No it wasn't mine , i just got the car a week ago, lol, this is on the drivers side, and it seems like the there was oil around the big nut/vlave and the pipe to the oil cooler. it seemed like there was oil around the nut area. btw where is this diff seals? also is the over flow on the top of the diff?

i just wiped it clean around the nut, and will monitor for few days, i have 800 miles on it,,,, going to drive it now

Originally Posted by jrcart
I'm not sure if it was your thread or one of the ones somebody else started regarding known issues and service bulletins on the BS, I posted that some of us needed rear dif seals replaced. If its not your seal it just the overflow but unless your really beat on it on a track I have not heard of them overflowing from normal street use.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by gestut
No it wasn't mine , i just got the car a week ago, lol, this is on the drivers side, and it seems like the there was oil around the big nut/vlave and the pipe to the oil cooler. it seemed like there was oil around the nut area. btw where is this diff seals? also is the over flow on the top of the diff?

i just wiped it clean around the nut, and will monitor for few days, i have 800 miles on it,,,, going to drive it now
It could be residual spillage from the 1000 mile service dif fluid change too.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:01 PM

clk 63 AMG BS
I have 800 miles on it, i bought the car with 728 miles, havent had the 1000 miles service yer i see you are from napervile, we are not that far.. algonuin

It could be residual spillage from the 1000 mile service dif fluid change too.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have 800 miles on it, i bought the car with 728 miles, havent had the 1000 miles service yer i see you are from napervile, we are not that far.. algonuin
We are headed up to the drag strip in Byron on Sunday morning, its only about 40 minutes west of Algonquin straight out rt 72 you should go and run your car.

If you plan on making any mods to your car and its still under warranty I suggest MB of Naperville, they are mod friendly and their AMG tech is awesome. Lots of the local guys from this board drive the extra distance for their service deptartment.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:25 PM

clk 63 AMG BS
so what is this diff seal

I might just come, although my car is not broken in , do you really need to break in these cars? I am close to motorwerks, its so convenient for me , on the way to work but they are not mod friendly, (when i had my m3, 911s, they were very sticky) and i am not sure hows it going to work out, as i already talked to an advisor about the 1000 mile service and hinted that the diff oil change is complementry, and he says where do you get that from, (i say its in the manual , Lol) so already i am getting a bad vibe.
If I may ask who is the AMG tech and who should I talk to (service advisor) . It will be a haul for me, but it might be worth it.. my warranty ends end of dec.

We are headed up to the drag strip in Byron on Sunday morning, its only about 40 minutes west of Algonquin straight out rt 72 you should go and run your car.

If you plan on making any mods to your car and its still under warranty I suggest MB of Naperville, they are mod friendly and their AMG tech is awesome. Lots of the local guys from this board drive the extra distance for their service deptartment.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:00 AM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series

Looks like some of the fluid spewed onto the exhaust. After your drive, it probably smelled like burned plastic. Either the connection is loose or it needs a new gasket. I'd have the dealer exchange the gasket while they service the differential.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:45 AM

clk 63 AMG BS
I wonder the what the process is to change the diff oil, i didnt see any fill plug and a drain plug like normal diffs. I am suspecting one has to remove the oil cooler line to fill , does any body have a dyi?

Originally Posted by SMP
Looks like some of the fluid spewed onto the exhaust. After your drive, it probably smelled like burned plastic. Either the connection is loose or it needs a new gasket. I'd have the dealer exchange the gasket while they service the differential.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

so what is this diff seal

I might just come, although my car is not broken in , do you really need to break in these cars? I am close to motorwerks, its so convenient for me , on the way to work but they are not mod friendly, (when i had my m3, 911s, they were very sticky) and i am not sure hows it going to work out, as i already talked to an advisor about the 1000 mile service and hinted that the diff oil change is complementry, and he says where do you get that from, (i say its in the manual , Lol) so already i am getting a bad vibe.
If I may ask who is the AMG tech and who should I talk to (service advisor) . It will be a haul for me, but it might be worth it.. my warranty ends end of dec.
Its broken in, besides that I never broke mine in, I bounced it off the top speed limiter when it was a week old. I will PM you my service advisors name and they did not charge me for my first service, in fact at the time I was not aware it was a comp service so I was expecting to pay for it so you can imagine my suprise when I picked it up and they said it was comp. I would insist that Motorwerks do it as a comp service, tell them to call MB North America, that's why I hate Motorwerks, they are a bunch of douchebags that don't know anytthing about cars.