CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Here is how my CLK Black is progressing...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by CLK_63_Black
Good try...there are cetain things that meant to be proprietary...as I may plan to sell in this forum...or even better let this be the only one CLK Black with a huge diffuser. LMAO!! I think I will go with the second option though!! Or then again...perhaps I decide to let you know later on...if I am convienced that your theory about torque is more accurate than mine. LMAO Btw, I thought you are sceptic as to its effectiveness...what difference would it make as to who makes the diffuser.... LMAO!! I know you are not paying attention though...F430 curb weight 3200 lbs. Mine 3731 (read carefully once again my post...this time try to slow down and read it carefully). Does that add up to 700 lbs to you? LMAO!!! Ok...you win. You have me cracking over here. 37-32=7 ??? Maannn...great math!!! Ok...Cheers!!! It has been fun and amuzing!!! From where I stand...you can certainly use some help in math.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_F430
Lots of different publications list different weights for the BS and F430. If you go with your 500lbs it's still a HUGE difference.

And you think your BS is the only car with a diffuser ?? Here, once again you are proven wrong and this is actually fully functional proper exhaust blown diffuser and not some cheap bolt on part like yours LOLOLOL

Still want to go with option two ? LOL!!! proprietary HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!

http://www.fluidmotorunion.com/archives/9716

Last edited by PaulWdz; 05-14-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:23 PM

CLK63BS
Good try...there are cetain things that meant to be proprietary...as I may plan to sell in this forum...or even better let this be the only one CLK Black with a huge diffuser. LMAO!! ... LMAO Btw, LMAO!! .. LMAO!!!
FWIW: the aforementioned "huge diffuser" and incessant LMAO conjures up images of ... http://www.eurweb.com/2011/11/transg...tt-injections/

Last edited by yarf; 05-14-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
I think this thread has finally played out. Good luck with your ti nuts as I am sure you will notice a huge difference with all that racing you do (even if the other drivers don't know they are being raced).
Old 05-14-2012, 09:55 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by PaulWdz
Lots of different publications list different weights for the BS and F430. If you go with your 500lbs it's still a HUGE difference.

And you think your BS is the only car with a diffuser ?? Here, once again you are proven wrong and this is actually fully functional proper exhaust blown diffuser and not some cheap bolt on part like yours LOLOLOL

Still want to go with option two ? LOL!!! proprietary HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!

http://www.fluidmotorunion.com/archives/9716
I know that diffuser very well. Mike from Fluid Motor Union did this work. I'll even do better... I'll give you even more CLK Black with diffuser...

Here is one from BBI. Remember, the one from Fluid Motor Union utilizes exhaust system pretty much almost all the way back. I have open down pipes. In any case, let me enlighten you. Here is one from BBI which is similar to mine...only mine is much better on design and also...yes...tested for turbulance...and passed the test (almost none in rear). Ok now...it is time for us grown ups to get a little more mature and stop this hating back and forth. Once I am through with the project I will release all details. Don't be silly...I have no gain to keep it proprietary...unless I plan to sell...which so far I don't think I am going that route. Unless I feel otherwise down the road. But...not cool to try to insult people...and expect them to tell you their secrets. Yes? Ok we are cool though...let's move on to the conversation about the 500 lbs. Yes...still a lot of weight...and it makes difference in 0-60 but not as much once the car is doing 40. From 40 to 140...torque matters more significantly as opposed to the 500 lbs. There are rear wings that would get you downforce to equal that amount when doing 180MPH, so I hope you see where i am headed. In any case, my diffuser is not cheap and it is fully functional. Yet is light-weight (about 11 pounds; aluminum). As far as the bolt on part...there is nothing wrong with bolt on part. A lot of those parts in racing cars are nothing but bolt ons. I am more interested about functionality, as opposed to looks, when it comes to the diffuser and that's why I took out the Carbon fiber OEM one. Once I am done with all projects...I'll realease all details and you will see even a video link documenting the zero-turbulance effect. ;-) We are good though. No hard feelings.

http://teamspeed.com/forums/amg/2563...oject-car.html

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-14-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:04 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by ecampbell
I think this thread has finally played out. Good luck with your ti nuts as I am sure you will notice a huge difference with all that racing you do (even if the other drivers don't know they are being raced).
I see another hater over here. Ok time to get back to being mature grown ups. Yes? Like I said...I have no interest in track time...I am interested to improve the existing car. That's all. I am certain...with all improvements...if the car is in the right hands...it would get better time. Track time...plays more important role when car is driven by the right driver. I think we can all agree with that. In any case, like I said. I am no Graham Rahal or Tony Kanaan, but I certainly enjoy improving my car to a point where all improvements are functional. How do I know...because regardless my limited driving skills (compared to a race car driver) I am still able to tell the difference once an upgrade is done. Car enthusiast...does not necessarily imply you are a great race car driver... One has nothing to do with the other. Similarly...being good at getting the car performance improved has also nothing to do with neither one (being a car enthusiast and/or great driver). I enjoy what I do...and that's all that matters to me at the end of the day...and honestly I careless if someone likes or does not like my diffuser. I do those improvements for my own amusement. Cheers!! No hard feelings.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:05 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by yarf
FWIW: the aforementioned "huge diffuser" and incessant LMAO conjures up images of ... http://www.eurweb.com/2011/11/transg...tt-injections/
I don't know about you...but this rear diffuser looks good to me!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 10:14 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
I swear though...I did smoke that F430 and the rest cars I mentioned...and they were all aware being raced...their car and my car...full throttle!!!

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-14-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 184 Likes on 152 Posts
SL55, S500
From my own math every 1000 pounds=100hp.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:14 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2
From my own math every 1000 pounds=100hp.
Yes and no....there are lots of variables. But if your talk to ANYONE (except this guy) who is serious about 60-130mph runs you will see that even the drivers weight is debated. And this guy is throwing 500lbs out the window like it's nothing. Torque matters....down low. When you are running through the gears and redlining up to 140moh where this guy says he beat and F430; HP, weight and Cd are all that matters. As I said before, the other driver either 1.didn't know he was being raced, 2.didn't care, 3.couldn't drive.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:39 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by PaulWdz
Yes and no....there are lots of variables. But if your talk to ANYONE (except this guy) who is serious about 60-130mph runs you will see that even the drivers weight is debated. And this guy is throwing 500lbs out the window like it's nothing. Torque matters....down low. When you are running through the gears and redlining up to 140moh where this guy says he beat and F430; HP, weight and Cd are all that matters. As I said before, the other driver either 1.didn't know he was being raced, 2.didn't care, 3.couldn't drive.
The CLK Black gives you 465 ft·lb at 5250 rpm. Where the Ferrari F430 just 343 lb·ft at same rpm (5250 rpm). The CLK Black would give you 80% of its torque at 2000 rpm, where in the F430 you have to rev up all the way up at 3500rpm to give you 80% of its torque. I keep repeating myself... Its all in the numbers. Weight is important but as the car moves from stop...its role becomes less and less important. Doing 40 to 140 is indeed what I love doing...and smoking F430 while doing so...feels even better. Hey...can't blame me for it. You can certainly argue that the other driver did not know to change gears at his engine's peak torque...but it's still irellevant...cause the CLK Black has much more torque thus pull than the F430. It's all in the numbers... I keep repeating myself...no ones wants to care listening. You can believe otherwise...but you can get me any F430 and I would gladly smoke them doing 40 to 140 consistently each and every time. Just make sure you don't get me one of those tweaked by Underground Racing Shop...cause then the story changes...and the CLK Black would be left behind.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:43 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Now you got me all wired up...and I've got to take my car to time my 1/4 mile. I always wanted to do it...but hey now I've got a good reason out of curiosity to see what time can this thing do. Hard to guess...but we'll see...I will be posting with receipt for proof. Agggrrrr!!!!! With the F430 at 11.7 secs...at this point I'll take anything less than that to prove my point. I'll even take 11.699 secs.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Unless it's a Scudiera F430 i don't doubt Clk63 claim. Ferrari's tend to overrate there published performance data. My personal experience on the circuit is similar.
I would think the SLS would be faster. Having had many porsche's I know unless you're on boost you can get caught and never catch up. Anything can happen on the street which is an uncontroled event.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:47 AM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
Unless it's a Scudiera F430 i don't doubt Clk63 claim. Ferrari's tend to overrate there published performance data. My personal experience on the circuit is similar.
I would think the SLS would be faster. Having had many porsche's I know unless you're on boost you can get caught and never catch up. Anything can happen on the street which is an uncontroled event.
So true ... also, makes a big difference whether the 430 was a coupe or convertible, a 6 speed vs. an F1 ... being in the right gear ... I owned some high revving cars, if you're not in the power band from the get-go, it takes too long to catch up. Reaction time is another factor. Both cars are pretty even performance wise ... whoever is a fraction late on the throttle, loses.

The SLS will walk a CLK ... lighter, more hp and superior transmission ... dig or roll. Silly argument.

On the Porsche TT's, depends which one. A 997.2 TT with PDK will have a CLK for breakfast, especially from a dig ... with "race start", it's not even a contest. From a roll, in the right gear and under boost, it's also bye bye CLK.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 CLK 63 Black Series, 2013 G63, 2014 RS5 Coupe, 2013 JKUR 10A
Originally Posted by SMP
The SLS will walk a CLK ... lighter, more hp and superior transmission ... dig or roll. Silly argument.
This is really where he shoots hmself in the foot. SLS even has more TQ at lower rpm to go along with more HP, lighter weight and better transmission. yet he claims he "smoked" the SLS by 5 car lengths from 40 to 100mph. How could this possibly be explained using his "torque is king" theory?
Old 05-15-2012, 03:27 AM

2017 991.2 Turbo PDK 2017 C63S Coupe Ceramic Brakes 2015 CLS63S AMG Full House
808 view hits in about 8 hours. Wao!!! Amazing!!! I had no idea a 4 year old car (CLK Black) gets that much attention in this forum...particularly if used side by side with words such as Ferrari F430 and Lamborghini Gallardo. LMAO!!! Btw, did I mention that I smoked both of them?
How well do you run with Nissan GTR's...
Old 05-15-2012, 06:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
Hi Jim, like i stated before in the thread, it has been slow around here so it was time to spice it up a bit. I am sure his race with a 430 was close and if he won, it was because of the ti nuts!

How have things been going? I have been out west a couple of times to check on the progress of my car and I think they are for the most part done with testing everything....just in time for the summer.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:42 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
You are absolutely correct my friend!! Finally...somone on this forum who understands numbers. Scuderia...yes...a different class. Porsche or any other car with turbos...you are absolutely correct...without boost adjustment they can be at dissadvantage... Then again...if they increase boost...all bets are up. As far as the street being an uncontroled environment and all bets are up...another correct statement!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:46 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by SMP
So true ... also, makes a big difference whether the 430 was a coupe or convertible, a 6 speed vs. an F1 ... being in the right gear ... I owned some high revving cars, if you're not in the power band from the get-go, it takes too long to catch up. Reaction time is another factor. Both cars are pretty even performance wise ... whoever is a fraction late on the throttle, loses.

On the Porsche TT's, depends which one. A 997.2 TT with PDK will have a CLK for breakfast, especially from a dig ... with "race start", it's not even a contest. From a roll, in the right gear and under boost, it's also bye bye CLK.
Very correct!! Power band...fraction late on the throttle and also shifting...both cars pretty even performance wise...all are correct statements! I agree. PDK faster than CLK...it makes sense. Boost adjusted...correct...variables shift the other way around. Things that make sense. Yes. Now...we are talking.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:52 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by Sher Judge
How well do you run with Nissan GTR's...
If I want to continue being honest with all my street racing...the answer is I got smoked by the GTR. Well...then again I was 100% OEM. We did about 1/2 mile on a Causeway...from stop to 1/2 and he was ahead by about 3 cars. Then again...now with all upgrades I've done (removing choking points, etc) I am sure it would be the other way around. I too like GTRs. I was thinking about getting one before I settled for the CLK Black. At that particular time, elegance overpowered the need for performance.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C204, W209, W164
So these are the types of people purchasing second hand CLKBS's...

I don't I've ever seen a thread with so many contradictions and stupidity.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C204, W209, W164
If I want to continue being honest with all my street racing...the answer is I got smoked by the GTR. Well...then again I was 100% OEM. We did about 1/2 mile on a Causeway...from stop to 1/2 and he was ahead by about 3 cars. Then again...now with all upgrades I've done (removing choking points, etc) I am sure it would be the other way around. I too like GTRs. I was thinking about getting one before I settled for the CLK Black. At that particular time, elegance overpowered the need for performance.
You were 100% OEM then, and you are what now? 99%?

You have a set of rims.. TI nuts.. a 'functional' diffuser which has been shown withOUT any data, and cut out various exhaust parts..

This apparently equated into you saving ~200 pounds, and what seems to be like gaining 500hp. All without the help of ANY mechanical modifications and not even any software based mods.. namely ECU.

Unless you decide to show videos and/or any credibility.. obviously people have 'hatred' towards your idiotic claims.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:11 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
...and let me go ahead and explain as to why I believe the SLS got smoked... In practice...it did happen cause I was there and did it...and saw it with my own eyes, so no doubt and nothing to dispute about this being a fact. Now...let's keep in mind that I was not OEM/stock CLK Black when it happened. Open downpipes...no mufflers...no rear cats...no resonators (major exhaust choking points), performance air filters (OEM filters major choking points on intake) and of course reduced weight down to the SLS curb weight range. Ok...with torque out of question...since both cars are about the same numbers (SLS slightly better torque due to software management system being already tweaked by AMG), and curb weight out of question as well (since my post CLK Black is in same curb weight range as SLS which is 3660 lbs) lets focus on what may have caused the CLK Black to smoke the SLS. Now is where HP, unsprung weight, and knowing when to shift matters... Lets look at all those... HP...SLS 563 at the crank. Mine...post changes...not sure as I have not dyno it...but I am pretty pretty close to his figure. I will try to dyno out of curiosity these upcoming weeks to see of exact figures so we can see by how much this element may have been a factor in the SLS eating dust. Next unsprung weight...that's were the SLS is at dissadvantage...so I am not going to spend any time on that at all... moving on to the next one...knowing when to shift...a slight delay in shifting on time...can put any driver at dissadvantage...particularly when most of rest variables are similar and within same range. Did the other driver underutilize the SLS engine by shifting earlier or later than he should have? That's a possibility... Like I said...I too was surprised to see my post changes CLK Black smoking the SLS three times consistently. And I am pretty sure the guy he knew he was racing cause it appeared that he even went out of his way on the third run...after third run he turned around (I am sure dissappointed) and went back the other way. In any case...I am not down playing the SLS...cause I have the common sense to know that a stock CLK Black will be outruned by the SLS. That's not even a topic for discussion. But changing things on cars (can turn things around) and take someone by surprise. I am sure he was not aware I was running open down pipes. I am sure he was not aware of my unsprung weight was much better than his... I am sure he was not aware I had trimmed off about 200 lbs off of the CKL black because I have switched from stock seats to Sparcos, have installed a much lighter Carbon fiber dry cell battery, have removed all tools and every trunk liner you can imagine...and God knows how many other things...not in car but rather in my storage because I did not want them to add up weight to the CLK Black (then again all these are just a break down of the explanation of the reduced approx. 200 lbs). The fact remains that 3 runs...and the SLS got smoked in all three. What anyone says is not going to change that. Like I said...it was even hard for me to believe it happening but hey...open environment...tweak your car in a few ways...shifting on time...and all bets are up.

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-15-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:20 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by Infamouz
You were 100% OEM then, and you are what now? 99%?

You have a set of rims.. TI nuts.. a 'functional' diffuser which has been shown withOUT any data, and cut out various exhaust parts..

This apparently equated into you saving ~200 pounds, and what seems to be like gaining 500hp. All without the help of ANY mechanical modifications and not even any software based mods.. namely ECU.

Unless you decide to show videos and/or any credibility.. obviously people have 'hatred' towards your idiotic claims.
Apparently you have no idea as to what you are talking about. Removing major exhaust points (cats, resonators, mufflers) can have a huge impact on how your engine breaths and performs. I know...cause I see how hard the car now pulls. I talk from first hand experience...and not from a word of mouth. I would assume your scientific evidence to contradict my statement have a profound effect on you being a Major idiot!! Go back to counting beans now...

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-15-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:24 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by Infamouz
So these are the types of people purchasing second hand CLKBS's...

I don't I've ever seen a thread with so many contradictions and stupidity.
Thank God you joined in...cause the stupidity level picked up the moment you wrote a post. Second hand CLK BS... What does that have to do with performance??? Talking about stupidity... Ok...go back to counting beans...

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-15-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:42 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
I apologize if I sounded rude to anyone else's response...but do me a favor...if you plan to insult with your remaks...just stay of this thread. I am only interested to share my experiences with my CLK Black with people who can carry on a coversation without insulting others. We are all mature here...and this forum should be about sharing our experiences and not insulting others...whether we agree or disagree with some of the statements and/or facts. Thank you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Here is how my CLK Black is progressing...