CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Here is how my CLK Black is progressing...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
Originally Posted by CLK_63_Black
I apologize if I sounded rude to anyone else's response...but do me a favor...if you plan to insult with your remaks...just stay of this thread. I am only interested to share my experiences with my CLK Black with people who can carry on a coversation without insulting others. We are all mature here...and this forum should be about sharing our experiences and not insulting others...whether we agree or disagree with some of the statements and/or facts. Thank you.
Having one of the most modified clk bs cars there is, I know first hand where the performance comes and in a straight line it is not from ti nuts. It is great you are so happy with your car and as it is the fastest thing out there here is a little bet. Let's line up your clk with a 430 i can get hands on. We each put up 10k and winner take all...we are both in Florida so a meeting time will be easy...are you up to it?

Of course as you have previously stated you smoked the 430 and your wife was in the clk with you, I expect she will be in the car for the race. How many car lengths did you 'smoke' the 430 by as I presume you are going to give me that much of a head start.

Last edited by ecampbell; 05-15-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by ecampbell
Having one of the most modified clk bs cars there is, I know first hand where the performance comes and in a straight line it is not from ti nuts. It is great you are so happy with your car and as it is the fastest thing out there here is a little bet. Let's line up your clk with a 430 i can get hands on. We each put up 10k and winner take all...we are both in Florida so a meeting time will be easy...are you up to it?
That's exactly what this thread should be about. Car enthusiasts having good old time!! I am up for it (asides the $10K best part)...and it has nothing to do with putting my money where my words are. I am not a fan of putting bets (particularly with money). That's just me. I will gladly put it to a test with an F430 anytime you wish. Just let me know. I live in North Miami area. What's the worse...that they would smoke my CLK Black. Hey...no harm with that... I guess it would be one for me...and one for the F430 (I call it even). We can do a run...say from 40MPH to 180MPH...and lets see how it goes. There are plenty places around South Florida...where I can suggest...one of them being...the Everglades abondoned airstrip (2 mile long). Yes? Like I said though...it has to be from moving...and not from stop...cause of the weight advantage issue...from stop...the F430 gains ground. Once we start from 40MPH though like I stated...all bets can be up... Lets see how it goes. What's the worse...I may pick up a few tips from your moded CLK Black so I can implement them on mine. At the end of the day...should be about learning and improving...

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-15-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
That's exactly what this thread should be about. Car enthusiasts having good old time!! I am up for it (asides the $10K best part)...and it has nothing to do with putting my money where my words are. I am not a fan of putting bets (particularly with money). That's just me. I will gladly put it to a test with an F430 anytime you wish. Just let me know. I live in North Miami area. What's the worse...that they would smoke my CLK Black. Hey...no harm with that... I guess it would be one for me...and one for the F430 (I call it even). We can do a run...say from 40MPH to 180MPH...and lets see how it goes. There are plenty places around South Florida...where I can suggest...one of them being...the Everglades abondoned airstrip (2 mile long). Yes? Like I said though...it has to be from moving...and not from stop...cause of the weight advantage issue...from stop...the F430 gains ground. Once we start from 40MPH though like I stated...all bets can be up... Lets see how it goes.
but you smoked the f430 and your wife was even in your car with you. lets make it a heads up race...easy money for you.

Lets see if I have correctly summarized this thread now.

Party A - my clk with me and my wife in it has smoked a SLS, Lambo, 911 turbo, and a 430. I don't have a video but trust me
Party B - no you didn't
Party A - yes I did because it is all about torque and here are the advertised numbers
Party B - no you didn't
Party A - yes I did because it is all about where the torque is delivered
Party B - no you didn't
Party A - yes I did because my car is so much lighter (even though my wife was in the car when we were racing)
Party B - ok, lets race for 10K
Party A - I will race but not for money as the 430 might win.

Do I have it right so far?
Old 05-15-2012, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Sorry, I missed out part of the conversation

Party A - I have these light weight wheels and Ti nuts
Party B - so
Party A - and I have taken several hundred pounds out of the car
Party B - how much does your wife weigh (ok, this is new on my part but whatever)
Old 05-15-2012, 10:59 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Sorry, I missed out part of the conversation

Party A - I have these light weight wheels and Ti nuts
Party B - so
Party A - and I have taken several hundred pounds out of the car
Party B - how much does your wife weigh (ok, this is new on my part but whatever)
ok...now we are getting out of being respectful of each other. I already told you...I will gladly meet you with your F430 to give it a run from 40MPH to 180MPH. Isn't that fair enough? What does the money part have to do with it? It seems to me that you are trying to find reasons for discouraging me from racing against you and the F430. I said I am in for the race (no money) and that's it! Money and bets have not been a part of the conversation from the start. You are either in or you are not. No need to throw obstacles into the equation. Asides...just because I am certain about what I am saying based on what I experienced...does not necessarily imply that I have the financial flexibility to bet a $10K. Car performance and betting/gambling...two different things. Like I said...I would race your F430 any time you wish at the Everglades Jetport. No problemo. Just call the day and I am in (hopefully a weekend cause of work). Just good old time. If you win...you win. If I win...I win. Money has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-15-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:10 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
why do i get the feeling that your F430 would be a modded one? But hey, I am still willing to give it a try and race against it. I won't say no to a good old fashioned highway-type of racing. The Everglades Jetport is all for us to use!!! Like I said...if your F430 is not the Scuderia, and also not a modded one...I will smoke it in each and every run. If you bring down a modded one...then hard to tell... cause I will be running against an unknown... I'll still give it a try though so to be a good sport and since you brought the topic up. No chickening out from me!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:25 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Look...all I am saying is that there are cars out there that are understated and overdelivering (the CLK Black is and has been one of them and so I am sure do many others as well). What I am also saying is that you can make a significant difference in your car's performance simply be removing a lot of those choking points from exhaust and intake without spending a lot of money. I was only fortunate and able to do these simply because of no emission requirements down here. Regardles what you or anyone may think...is not much of a strech for a slightly moded CLK Black (like mine) to smoke any of the cars I mentioned down the highway...if one throws into the equation that the other driver may not know when to shift on time...these odds are only increased. Nothing rocket science here.

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-15-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
ok...now we are getting out of being respectful of each other. I already told you...I will gladly meet you with your F430 to give it a run from 40MPH to 180MPH. Isn't that fair enough? What does the money part have to do with it? It seems to me that you are trying to find reasons for discouraging me from racing against you and the F430. I said I am in for the race (no money) and that's it! Money and bets have not been a part of the conversation from the start. You are either in or you are not. No need to throw obstacles into the equation. Asides...just because I am certain about what I am saying based on what I experienced...does not necessarily imply that I have the financial flexibility to bet a $10K. Car performance and betting/gambling...two different things. Like I said...I would race your F430 any time you wish at the Everglades Jetport. No problemo. Just call the day and I am in (hopefully a weekend cause of work). Just good old time. If you win...you win. If I win...I win. Money has nothing to do with it.
Your reluctance to put your money where your mouth is speaks louder than anything I could ever say.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
Old 05-15-2012, 11:38 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
...although now I am more and more interested to race your moded CLK Black (as opposed to the F430; I would still race the F430 too)...even though I know your CLK Black would outrun mine. No dispute there from me. But I still need to see by how much (distance) you would outrun me based on the upgrades that you've done on yours. I am not challenging you on that run with your CLK Black...cause I am certain that you will outrun me (I take it as you've done significant mods)...but still I am curious to see by how much distance...say in 1 mile race run or 2 miles...how much all those mods can account for. Please let me know when you make it down here in North Miami. I will gladly meet you. Coffee after the racing is on me!! No hard feelings either way.

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-15-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:41 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Your reluctance to put your money where your mouth is speaks louder than anything I could ever say.
No need to be sarcastic. I am in on the racing part. Like I said...beer or coffee on me after racing. That's the only part as far as money spending from me. I don't have the financial flexibility to place beds. No harm done or hard feelings. Just good old fashined highway-type racing. Saturday or Sunday would be a good day for me.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
I wasn't being sarcastic..

Here is a vid of the car. I didn't take the video but you can hear them talking about my 10.4 to the other clks 10.9. Note that was when it only had 550 to the wheels...it is now over 800...

Last edited by ecampbell; 05-15-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:55 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
so you did...10.4? That's great! Are you runing a supercharger (Weistec or ?). Just curious...it appeared to me that the other Benz (black color) took off much faster from stop (then again it seems that he took off a bit earlier than you did)...but hard to see on the video what happened afterwards because video not clear. I take your word though that you did 10.4. Just curious...what happened causing the other Benz not having that much pull afterwards, while yours was pulling harder?

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-15-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:57 AM

CLK63 Black Series
at this thread. The stupidity never ends.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
so you did...10.4? That's great! Are you runing a supercharger (Weistec or ?). Just curious...it appeared to me that the other Benz (black color) took off much faster from stop (then again it seems that he took off a bit earlier than you did)...but hard to see on the video what happened afterwards because video not clear. I take your word though that you did 10.4. Just curious...what happened causing the other Benz not having that much pull afterwards, while yours was pulling harder?
Mine is the black one and I left when the light went green. Have a nice day.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:02 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by PaulWdz
at this thread. The stupidity never ends.
Which part of no need to insult member you did not understand? Ok...I will refrain myself from saying something I feel like telling you right now...cause I am the bigger man between you and I.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:04 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Mine is the black one and I left when the light went green. Have a nice day.
I don't have speakers on my pc so sorry...I can't hear any covnersation on the video... Ok I see. Btw, is the black the CLK Black? It kind looks like the C63 Black... hard to tell... I try to enlarge but hard to tell from the quality of the video...

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-15-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:06 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Ok. I got you. I was not trying to be sarcastic. I just thought yours was the silver one. Just hard to see video quality...that's all. No problem. Great! 10.4 great time!! Running supercharger or?
Old 05-15-2012, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Summer

Hi Jim, like i stated before in the thread, it has been slow around here so it was time to spice it up a bit. I am sure his race with a 430 was close and if he won, it was because of the ti nuts!

How have things been going? I have been out west a couple of times to check on the progress of my car and I think they are for the most part done with testing everything....just in time for the summer.

Hi Earl, Pm'd you.
Jimmy
Old 05-15-2012, 12:37 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Which part of no need to insult member you did not understand? Ok...I will refrain myself from saying something I feel like telling you right now...cause I am the bigger man between you and I.
You should really seek help.
Let me help you out with something real quick. Your car is basically stock as far as power goes. While removing every piece of exhaust besides the factory log exhaust manifolds might sound good it really doesn't do much. The OEM exhaust manifolds are the choking point in the exhaust system. So removing everything downstream of them really doesn't do much but it's very entertaining that you think it does.
I'd be happy to send you GoPro as a gift to use for your next big race but I'm sure you would find a reason/excuse not to use it. Until you provide the members here with video proof of you "smoking" everything on the street I'm sure you will understand our skepticism.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
You are absolutely correct my friend!! Finally...somone on this forum who understands numbers. Scuderia...yes...a different class. Porsche or any other car with turbos...you are absolutely correct...without boost adjustment they can be at dissadvantage... Then again...if they increase boost...all bets are up. As far as the street being an uncontroled environment and all bets are up...another correct statement!
Dont' race 997tt pdk's from a dig But from a 50 roll...I show up in my pulley tuned FGT which annihilates them.

FWIW, when I took delivery of my CLK 63 we were driving to the Sachenring with a group of 7 BS when a Gen 1 997tt came up on us and wanted to play. My friend never to be shy took the bait and jumped on his and I witnessed several high speed runs and what ensued was several kilometers of high speed testing. The BS was dead even with the 97tt from 60-150mph.
Pretty sure it was a 6 speed tt.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:04 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by PaulWdz
You should really seek help.
Let me help you out with something real quick. Your car is basically stock as far as power goes. While removing every piece of exhaust besides the factory log exhaust manifolds might sound good it really doesn't do much. The OEM exhaust manifolds are the choking point in the exhaust system. So removing everything downstream of them really doesn't do much but it's very entertaining that you think it does.
I'd be happy to send you GoPro as a gift to use for your next big race but I'm sure you would find a reason/excuse not to use it. Until you provide the members here with video proof of you "smoking" everything on the street I'm sure you will understand our skepticism.
if that's what you wanna believe, fine me. Removing things i mentioned...you think does nothing much...then you are an expert in your own world. Keep counting your beans...
Old 05-15-2012, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
Hi Earl, Pm'd you.
Jimmy
Got it and look forward to next week...

The car is an absolute monster but as the 2.9 SC does not have a separate cog system, there is no whining so it is very stealth. During the highway testing the wheels are breaking loose at well over 100...it is actually at the threshold where there is no real point in making more power.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:07 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
Dont' race 997tt pdk's from a dig But from a 50 roll...I show up in my pulley tuned FGT which annihilates them.

FWIW, when I took delivery of my CLK 63 we were driving to the Sachenring with a group of 7 BS when a Gen 1 997tt came up on us and wanted to play. My friend never to be shy took the bait and jumped on his and I witnessed several high speed runs and what ensued was several kilometers of high speed testing. The BS was dead even with the 97tt from 60-150mph.
Pretty sure it was a 6 speed tt.
I hear you. nothing like a PDK. Double clutch...great benefits.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:19 PM

CLK63 Black Series
if that's what you wanna believe, fine me. Removing things i mentioned...you think does nothing much...then you are an expert in your own world. Keep counting your beans...
It's not what I believe, it's the truth based on many, many other owners and lots of testing IN THE REAL WORLD and not your fantasy world .
There have been lots of threads in this forum discussing mods for the M156 platform and EVERYONE (except for you) agrees on the same thing - long tube headers make the biggest difference for those wanting to stay na. If you don't want to believe that then you are only making yourself look stupid.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Here is how my CLK Black is progressing...