CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Please Don't Shoot Me: Backseats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS550
Please Don't Shoot Me: Backseats

I know they can be ordered on the C63, but then that wouldn't be a bargain. Without back seats, the CLK doesn't pass the home standards, and so it's prohibited. That's why I'm a Porsche guy, as useless as the backseats are on a 997. So, is it possible to fit some backseats since I can actually afford to have this car given that prices have dropped like crazy?! Of course, my MB local dealer gave me a "wtf you fidiot loser look".

Thanks.

Last edited by iyeoh; 04-07-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:22 PM

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
AMG GT C Roadster
Yes, do a search in the archives. More than 1 person has done it here before with pretty good results.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:52 PM

CLS550
Thanks so much.

Of course, the standard answer is to do the Kircherer thing, but that is enormously expensive, and I think a new C63 BS may actually be cheaper after Kircherer is finished and done. Makes no sense.

All I want to do is rig up the standard CLK back seats.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:02 AM

Received 70 Likes on 42 Posts
AMG GTS, Ford Raptor and Tesla Model 3 dual motor
Keep in mind the 100 lbs weight limitation.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:14 AM

CLS550
The seats would purely be for show.

Yes, I may ferry the kid, but then I'll be driving at 35 mph. That weight limit is 100 lb. with the seats or without the seats? Surely, the handling can't get anywhere as dicey as an old 911.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Originally Posted by iyeoh
Of course, the standard answer is to do the Kircherer thing, but that is enormously expensive, and I think a new C63 BS may actually be cheaper after Kircherer is finished and done.
FYI: https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-bla...rer-fraud.html
Old 04-09-2013, 08:07 PM

Volvo
I have clk55 back seats that I want to convert to the 63bs style ( no seats ) idk if you would intrested in a trade or it they would fit ( bolt locations )
Old 04-10-2013, 09:50 AM

CLS550
Greatly appreciate that heads up.

I'm sorry you had to go through that ordeal to find out. Thankfully, you got your money back, but only after all that duress and waste of time.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
There have been multiple threads on this subject. My suggestion is that you read these threads as there is a lot of information there.

Why someone would want to put their child in the back seat of a car knowing the front seats won't move forward quickly (or fully) to get that child out quick is beyond me.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:41 AM

CLS550
You're obviously young and not married. But it's all cool.

If the difference is having Black Series vs. not having Black Series, I rather have Black Series, even if the seats are for show. I gave up my old SL55 precisely because of this reason. At least, she isn't making me drive a minivan. The kid is riding in the BS for a total of perhaps twice a year.

I don't know what the big deal is. My buddy got backseats into his GT3 without fuss. I even got myself a back jumper seat into my 40+ year old SL. Even my 997T PDK has backseats, even if they are a joke. There are any number of other manufacturers that are willing to accommodate special needs and understand the wife scam.

I guess I just have to get the regular CLK63 or stomach the cost and buy a C63 BS with backseats. Too bad the CLK DTM isn't sold in America.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:46 PM

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
CLK63 BS
Swap seats for buckets that can fold forward. Seats are nice but I don't think you'll miss them. Perfect sub (if you could get them to work) would be 997 GT2 sport buckets. You'd lose the airbags in the seats but there's assumption of risk in all aspects of everyday life, although admittedly driving has become a lot more dangerous since the advent of texting. I know there have been threads suggesting that the differential can not handle the additional weight. Gotta believe a small child is no worse than having 2 large adults sitting up front. Plus if there were true weight restrictions, there'd be a warning in the trunk saying "do not load objects". Yup, I said it. Let the record reflect that this BS owner has been known to put a few cases in the trunk (to transport, not consume). Won't show up on Carfax so there's my confession.

Originally Posted by iyeoh
You're obviously young and not married. But it's all cool.

If the difference is having Black Series vs. not having Black Series, I rather have Black Series, even if the seats are for show. I gave up my old SL55 precisely because of this reason. At least, she isn't making me drive a minivan. The kid is riding in the BS for a total of perhaps twice a year.

I don't know what the big deal is. My buddy got backseats into his GT3 without fuss. I even got myself a back jumper seat into my 40+ year old SL. Even my 997T PDK has backseats, even if they are a joke. There are any number of other manufacturers that are willing to accommodate special needs and understand the wife scam.

I guess I just have to get the regular CLK63 or stomach the cost and buy a C63 BS with backseats. Too bad the CLK DTM isn't sold in America.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:07 AM

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
CLK63 BS
Correction - there actually is a weight limit of 110 lbs. in the trunk. There's also a somewhat conspicuous warning sticker on drivers side trunk.

Originally Posted by NYC_Z06
Plus if there were true weight restrictions, there'd be a warning in the trunk saying "do not load objects".
Old 05-05-2013, 11:47 AM

CLK BS
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...669&styleid=18

Did it a couple of years ago, zero regrets....