CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

The Unicorn Blue CLK63 AMG Black Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 02:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series, 2022 BMW X3 M40i
The Unicorn Blue CLK63 AMG Black Series

I didn't see these photos posted on the forum yet so thought I would share. In the US, there were only 10 red CLK63 Blacks. This unicorn blue however seems to be 1 of 1? Located in the Netherlands.

Does anyone know what this color is called? Reminds me of the Interlagos Blue available for the E46 M3. I've always loved this color. I wish they had made the blue CLK63 available here in the US.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:18 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Mercedes Benz Capri Blue Metallic
Old 01-14-2014, 01:31 PM

I had some responses from the AMG PL and found that this color is the Designo Mystic Blue. An awesome color. I guess this Black Series was either a special 1-off order or a very good re-paint.

https://www.google.de/search?q=merce...w=1280&bih=618
Old 01-14-2014, 01:43 PM

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
AMG GT C Roadster
Originally Posted by 1V8C55
I had some responses from the AMG PL and found that this color is the Designo Mystic Blue. An awesome color. I guess this Black Series was either a special 1-off order or a very good re-paint.
Re-paint. I am pretty sure there was only ever "ONE" one-off color done in Matte Silver for the PL Editor Scott. All of the rest delivered were Red, White, Silver, and 2 Blacks.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by mellowyellow
Re-paint. I am pretty sure there was only ever "ONE" one-off color done in Matte Silver for the PL Editor Scott. All of the rest delivered were Red, White, Silver, and 2 Blacks.
Yeah, I've read about that and I believe it to be true in the US. This blue one however is from the Netherlands so maybe he had a special Designo order? Not sure, but either way, it looks great.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:32 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
The guy who owns the capri blue CLK posted pics here a long time ago … you can do a search if you're willing to invest the time. He bought it new and it is a factory color … you can have any color in Europe done by the performance studio … they made an orange one with full leather interior as well … there is also a thread here some place about that car. Unfortunately, the performance studio does not touch US cars … even if you would ship the car to them.

Here is the video of the blue CLK …

BTW, I've been to the performance studio in Affalterbach, got a tour and talked to the guy in charge. There was a "one off" carbon fiber engine cover/air box that I really wanted … but couldn't get … and I tried pretty hard
Old 01-14-2014, 07:03 PM

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts
'12 C63BS "SlickTop", '08 CLK63BS, '16 E63S wagon, '12 CLS63, amongst other non-Merc toys
i'm planning to goto Stuttgart in April (from Munich), I wonder if a tour at the AMG/performance studio is available @ Affalterbach since it's just 30 minutes of driving from Stuttgart.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:49 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
All it takes is a call … even though I was born in Stuttgart and German is my mother tongue, everyone at AMG speaks perfect English … make an appointment and you get a tour of the Performance Studio. I got to see HWA AG as well, which is right next to it, but not sure if that is part of a "regular" tour.

While you're in Stuttgart, go to the MBZ museum … make sure you have plenty of time … it's HUGE. Porsche is just a stone's throw away and has, even though small in comparison, a very nice museum as well.

Last year I picked up my F10 M5 at the BMW Welt in Munich … another thing I would recommend to see … than go across the street and see the BMW museum.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
Yup, I somehow found this car on Google a long time ago. It needed to be washed....
Old 01-15-2014, 03:51 AM

'12 C63BS "SlickTop", '08 CLK63BS, '16 E63S wagon, '12 CLS63, amongst other non-Merc toys
Originally Posted by SMP
All it takes is a call … even though I was born in Stuttgart and German is my mother tongue, everyone at AMG speaks perfect English … make an appointment and you get a tour of the Performance Studio. I got to see HWA AG as well, which is right next to it, but not sure if that is part of a "regular" tour.

While you're in Stuttgart, go to the MBZ museum … make sure you have plenty of time … it's HUGE. Porsche is just a stone's throw away and has, even though small in comparison, a very nice museum as well.

Last year I picked up my F10 M5 at the BMW Welt in Munich … another thing I would recommend to see … than go across the street and see the BMW museum.

You read my mind hahaha

I'm actually going for an euro delivery too for the bimmer, so I'm planning to strike BMW Welt/museum to pick up the car and then stop by the Audi museum to get both out of the way in Munich (hopefully within two days), and then head over to Stuttgart to walk through both Mercedes & Porsche museum (another two days, and hopefully squeeze this Performance Studio AMG trip within these two days). After that, hit up the ring w/ track-side rentals to drive and tour/shop the memorabilia shops for another day. Hopefully that'll leave me a day or two for other sight-seeing during this Germany trip.

Any other suggestion of places I should stop by while I'm there?
Old 01-15-2014, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by 1JDM911
Stop by the AMG parts department and pick me up some goodies. Maybe carbon fiber OEM parts, painted side markers for the CLK63, or some diecast models?
Old 01-15-2014, 07:41 PM

Stop by the AMG parts department and pick me up some goodies. Maybe carbon fiber OEM parts, painted side markers for the CLK63, or some diecast models?
Can you check the part-# on those? I can definitely bring those parts back via ocean freight (leave them in the trunk of the car lol), but I've no idea what to look for or if I can pre-order first? I'm planning to get the Euro spec carbon door panels and the Euro spec bucket seats... the painted reflector/side market piece is actually part of the Euro bumper when I checked, can someone with an Euro spec car to confirm this?
Old 01-15-2014, 07:42 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by 1JDM911
You read my mind hahaha

I'm actually going for an euro delivery too for the bimmer, so I'm planning to strike BMW Welt/museum to pick up the car and then stop by the Audi museum to get both out of the way in Munich (hopefully within two days), and then head over to Stuttgart to walk through both Mercedes & Porsche museum (another two days, and hopefully squeeze this Performance Studio AMG trip within these two days). After that, hit up the ring w/ track-side rentals to drive and tour/shop the memorabilia shops for another day. Hopefully that'll leave me a day or two for other sight-seeing during this Germany trip.

Congrats on your Euro delivery BMW! You're going to have a great time! What model are you picking up at the Welt? I can give you some ideas where to go and what to see … all depends on how much time you'll be spending in Europe. I go at least once a year to Europe with my wife who is American … She loves Europe, Italy in particular … one year on the way from Venice to Portofino we stopped at the Ferrari factory,test track and to have some lunch at Enzo's restaurant.

BTW, if you plan on going to/through Austria, you'll need to carry a reflective safety jacket in your car … you can borrow mine … no need to buy one … I live in Manhattan Beach. There are some killer mountain passes, if you enjoy corners

Couple of pics of what to look forward to ...
Attached Thumbnails The Unicorn Blue CLK63 AMG Black Series-dsc00009.jpg   The Unicorn Blue CLK63 AMG Black Series-dsc00011.jpg   The Unicorn Blue CLK63 AMG Black Series-img_0454.jpg   The Unicorn Blue CLK63 AMG Black Series-img_1439.jpg   The Unicorn Blue CLK63 AMG Black Series-img_1450.jpg  

The Unicorn Blue CLK63 AMG Black Series-dsc00062.jpg  
Old 01-15-2014, 07:42 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
… and one thing you're NOT looking forward to
Attached Thumbnails The Unicorn Blue CLK63 AMG Black Series-img_0453.jpg  
Old 01-15-2014, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
SO HOT!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by SMP
Congrats on your Euro delivery BMW! You're going to have a great time! What model are you picking up at the Welt? I can give you some ideas where to go and what to see … all depends on how much time you'll be spending in Europe. I go at least once a year to Europe with my wife who is American … She loves Europe, Italy in particular … one year on the way from Venice to Portofino we stopped at the Ferrari factory,test track and to have some lunch at Enzo's restaurant.

BTW, if you plan on going to/through Austria, you'll need to carry a reflective safety jacket in your car … you can borrow mine … no need to buy one … I live in Manhattan Beach. There are some killer mountain passes, if you enjoy corners

Couple of pics of what to look forward to ...
Hey there! Thx, and sorry I'm replying this so late, I'm just picking up a basic daily beater 328i for a short 3-year lease, so I hope it doesn't kill me much on the gas over there lol! I've recently booked my tickets (going there for 2 weeks) and planned out my trip, I'll post it up on another thread as I do have much to ask, for those that have been or from Germany. Boy those are some nice pics you took, I'm looking forward to my very first trip to Germany!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:06 AM

I found that AMG headquarter in Affalterbach is just 30 minutes from Stuttgart, I wonder if they've got a parts department there I can order some Euro-spec parts in person... or if the actual Privatr Lounge is open for the PL members?