CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Rear end srange behavior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2024, 12:34 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK 63 AMG Black Series, A45 AMG
Rear end strange behavior

Hi,

On my CLK BS (approx 38000km with some heavy track use) I have a strange behavior of the rear end.
When I accelerte (even light ) the car go right and when stop toaccelerate (no brake, jsute relase the pression on the accelerator pedal) the car go left
My mecanic checked the rear axe carrier (nothing seems incorrectly tighted)
He think, I have some rubber brushing that are dead, which could be logical with the track use even if the mileage is low
They can not all be purchased separately (need to change the complet arm).
Before changing them for OEM, I am interesting to know if their is aftermarket improved brushing (like Weistec performence brush) and if some owners had experience with these upgrades
Here are the OEM parts I am talking about

Best regards

Last edited by Tex5; 06-10-2024 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-10-2024, 07:26 PM

I also found K-Mac solutions. It semmes less expensive than Weistec, but which is the best product ?
My Car does not track anymore
Old 06-12-2024, 03:19 AM
SPONSOR

Received 148 Likes on 118 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by Tex5
I also found K-Mac solutions. It semmes less expensive than Weistec, but which is the best product ?
My Car does not track anymore
FOR THE CLK63 BLACK SERIES do point out we manufacture a TOTAL SYSTEM when is comes to uprating all the front and rear suspension bushings!

In fact every model Mercedes Benz (1968 to 2024) - Sedans, Coupes, Wagons, SUV’s and light commercials !

“K-MAC has the experience” of being the worlds longest established aftermarket performance bush manufacturers (1964). Constantly ensuring strength, reliability in all out 10/10th’s competition racing. With this 60 years of “IN-HOUSE” manufacture / know how ensures kits outperform all other brands.

SEEING THAT THE BLACK SERIES IS A “PERFORMANCE MODEL”:
Yet OEM there is no Front “Camber or Caster” adjustment and no Rear “Camber” (all to do with cost cutting and ever increasing speed of new car assembly lines).

AT K-MAC WE SAW THE NEED THEREFORE - to also include (for all Mercedes Benz models) - above Front and Rear Camber allowing full adjustment of tire contact angles for maximum traction - or to resolve costly, premature excess edge tire wear issues.

OR TRACK DAYS - Able to fast adjust DIAL IN EXTRA NEG. CAMBER to reduce understeer in the pursuit of hitting those corner apexes every time and allowing to go deeper into the corners with increased traction and braking response. With aim of “front row of the grid” lap times !

Besides the K-MAC forward facing thrust arm bushes being “CASTER ADJUSTABLE” - they are also “MONO BALL / SELF ALIGNING”. Allowing arms to travel through their “required suspension arcs” without binding, yet allowing significant improvement to brake and steering response !

SEE SPOILER RE TOTAL SYSTEM

Spoiler

AUDI to VOLVO - K-MAC Experience Of Resolving OEM Suspension Shortcomings Since 1964 !

Last edited by K-Mac; 06-12-2024 at 04:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
AVMotorsport (06-12-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 08:45 AM

Order passed with K-MAC for #501528-1K (Both Sides)UPRATED BUSHES FOR THE 6 MULTI LINK ARMS.

Hope it will solve the issue.
I will let you know when my workshop would be able to install it