Hey Mr. Super Moderator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS 460
Hey Mr. Super Moderator

You need to clean up your house or are you just in the wheel business. This is the worst car forum I have EVER been on . It's a shame as I really like car forums. I can understand some advertisements but this is just crazy. No wonder the low amount of post here.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Sorry but awiner (Mr. Super Moderator) may not be able to answer your concerns immediately. He is too busy selling Pirelli's and figuring out how to place more advertisements between each post.......he hates wasted pixel space. Damn is he ever pulling in the $$$$$.

While you are waiting for an official awiner response, let me add a couple thoughts. First, MBworld is the largest Mercedes enthusiast site on the web and owned by Internet Brands. IB ultimately decides on the placement and the number of advertisements you see on each page. While it would be fantastic to see zero advertisements, I'm afraid that is not part of the IB business model.

As far as the low post count in this section, it is likely due to the CLS 218 being a relatively new body style. My vote is for the CLS over the Lexus.

Now stop being so angry and go have some fun.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:41 AM

2013 CLS250 CDI
I have found this amount of advertising a pain, I used to come on here to use the E Class forum, which was great. I have been a bit suprised by the small amount of posts relating to the CLS, although I appreciate this is not a model with so many sold. Are Americans obsessed with taking a new car and putting after market wheels on?
Old 09-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Rock nailed it. The staff here has no control over the ads but, you personally can control what is seen here.

I am sure that IB does not want me telling you how to download plug-ins to run on certain browsers, that will block those ads completely, so I won't.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:27 AM

LS 460
Originally Posted by Rock
Sorry but awiner (Mr. Super Moderator) may not be able to answer your concerns immediately. He is too busy selling Pirelli's and figuring out how to place more advertisements between each post.......he hates wasted pixel space. Damn is he ever pulling in the $$$$$.

While you are waiting for an official awiner response, let me add a couple thoughts. First, MBworld is the largest Mercedes enthusiast site on the web and owned by Internet Brands. IB ultimately decides on the placement and the number of advertisements you see on each page. While it would be fantastic to see zero advertisements, I'm afraid that is not part of the IB business model.

As far as the low post count in this section, it is likely due to the CLS 218 being a relatively new body style. My vote is for the CLS over the Lexus.

Now stop being so angry and go have some fun.
I hear you and understand about the income but advertisements could and should be put at the top, bottom or on the sides but not as threads. I also have a BMW and Audi and frequent Bimmerfest and other forums and you don't see this. The folks who show up here makes this site possible and they should be heard. To have half the threads as ads is unacceptable I think but of course just my opinion. You need to go to other forums and see how it works for the subscribers that sites like this cannot exist without.

LOL, I have never been an angry person and am not now. I know there must be others that feel this way every time they visit or am I the only one?
Old 09-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Pm Scott for all IB countermeasures.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:01 AM

LS 460
Originally Posted by Rock
Pm Scott for all IB countermeasures.
Thanks for your input and I will. I am not trying to start trouble here as I will be buying the CLS and could use a good forum to chatter about different things so not looking to cut off my nose. Have a good day.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:45 AM

2013 CLS250 CDI
I dont mind the ads at the bottom etc but when they are threads and the advertisers keep adding to them to keep them at the top, its a real pain. Especially as it is by far outnumbering any genuine threads of interest.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
ls460, that says it all

do they even have lexus forums.......
Old 09-02-2012, 09:06 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
these forums are the shasta man! I don't even know what you mean by ad's...
like thread topics?? like wheels? yes! wheels are a BIG business!
I like seeing the good threads, and I like to see the bad ones too...
some of the sponsers even get pissed off which is hilarious sometimes....

it really does not bother me in the slightest.....but then again, I don't think I really understand where you're coming from.....
not trying to be smart but, are you behind the wheel of MB currently? or maybe from the past?
do wheels really bother the 'rest of the world?'
Old 09-02-2012, 09:25 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Where to start? The Italians or the Germans?
Originally Posted by gjmattos
You need to clean up your house or are you just in the wheel business. This is the worst car forum I have EVER been on . It's a shame as I really like car forums. I can understand some advertisements but this is just crazy. No wonder the low amount of post here.
So leave. Go troll somewhere else with your mis-badged Toyota.

I happen to find this one of the best forums around--especially with the amazing new look! It is light-years ahead of the old look. Really brought this forum up to par for 2012.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
i agree some of the sponsor "bump" of ads are getting annoying, because they hit up every freaking thread, they should be relegated to a specific thread

esp the companies who sell some of those cruddy looking wheels, u know who u are
Old 09-02-2012, 09:31 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Where to start? The Italians or the Germans?
Originally Posted by vdubpower
esp the companies who sell some of those cruddy looking wheels, u know who u are
Attempt to bang stanced out Owdie's or Vflops on such wheels passed by? Shame... for shame...
Old 09-03-2012, 06:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C63s Cabriolet
What ads?
Old 09-04-2012, 08:23 AM

'12 CLS 550 4matic
I also have noticed the "Ad Threads" here, as opposed to other forums. I have been a member of Rennist since 09' and don't remember seeing them there nor on 6speed.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:31 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
we do live in a capitalist society.............duh.......and I'll bet you guys thought gravity makes the world turn!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:58 PM

2013 CLS250 CDI
WOW well there is life in the CLS forum after all