Finally - My New CLS is ordered

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 11:17 AM

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts
'21 E63S4S in glorious Brilliant Blue Magno
Smile Finally - My New CLS is ordered

My dealer finally got me the order details. My production date is in December with delivery in late January.

I got the order sheet (see attached). A few things stood out to me.

Is the black sport leather the one with the contrast stitching?

What is a "Factory code - engine temperature manage"?

I am still unsure if I should have gotten the Lunar Blue. But, black is a pretty dependable color. A black car always looks cool. Whereas blue is a tough color to get right.
Attached Thumbnails Finally - My New CLS is ordered-cls550-order.jpg  
Old 10-28-2012, 02:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 CLS 550
Originally Posted by Quackledork
My dealer finally got me the order details. My production date is in December with delivery in late January.

I got the order sheet (see attached). A few things stood out to me.

Is the black sport leather the one with the contrast stitching?

What is a "Factory code - engine temperature manage"?

I am still unsure if I should have gotten the Lunar Blue. But, black is a pretty dependable color. A black car always looks cool. Whereas blue is a tough color to get right.
Congrats! Not sure on the factory code, but yes you will have the white stitching. You should have the dealer do a search you will get your car much faster, thats what I did.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS550 4MATIC, 2009 CLK550 Cabriolet, 2002 E320 4MATIC Wagon
Congrats!

As for the white contrast stitching, I'm not sure your order is equipped with such. You see, that's a $1,370 'premium leather' option, and I'm not seeing that extra charge on your order sheet.

I have the same AMG wheels. They're great-looking and very easy to clean.

I also have the same Black paint. I have mixed feelings about it. It has a deeper, more wet look than the obsidian metallic black. However, since it's non-metallic, scratches, dirt, and swirl marks will be easier to notice.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS550 my2012
Wow, cars in USA is so much cheaper than Canada.

Congrats on your purchase . You'll have a blast with it
Old 10-29-2012, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by CLK550AMGpkg
Congrats!

As for the white contrast stitching, I'm not sure your order is equipped with such. You see, that's a $1,370 'premium leather' option, and I'm not seeing that extra charge on your order sheet.

I have the same AMG wheels. They're great-looking and very easy to clean.

I also have the same Black paint. I have mixed feelings about it. It has a deeper, more wet look than the obsidian metallic black. However, since it's non-metallic, scratches, dirt, and swirl marks will be easier to notice.
I thought the same thing, about the stitching. But after researching some cars on the web, I noticed that any that said they had "Sport Leather" showed the contrast stitching. Also, I am getting the multicontour seat.

Maybe this is a new thing for 2013? I guess I could ask the dealer.

I have a black '09 E350 right now. Its been relatively easy to keep shiny and free of scrapes. I was very tempted to get that Lunar Blue, but it was too dull of a blue for me. I wish MB had a blue like Lexus. Lexus has their Deep Sea Mica which is a fantastic blue. Its a good, solid royal blue with a fantastic metalic flake in it.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by XiZBiT
Congrats! Not sure on the factory code, but yes you will have the white stitching. You should have the dealer do a search you will get your car much faster, thats what I did.
They did a search. There was nothing near by (at the time). Besides, my lease on my E350 was not up yet.

There sure are a hell of a lot of white CLS's out there. What is it with white? Its become so popular. I think white is a hideous color for a car. Its like a refrigerator.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:13 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Congrats! Remember to post some pics when it arrives!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pewter W211
Congratulations on the new car, I bet having to wait for it sucks though.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 plus a few Ducati's
Sales literature, the website and the dealer will all tell you that premium leather comes with white stitching.
Not many people know why they like a particular color but...
Black looks great in the showroom and thats about it. After a few years of washing, no matter how carefully done, swirls and scratches really detract from its appearance. Black shows the dirt more, white shows it least.
Many people do not realize that the darker the vehicle color, the more difficult it is to see the shape of the body. A lighter color allows shadows to be visible to the human eye. These shadows accentuate and highlight the shape of the body. A black (or dark color) car conceals the shadows and thus makes it more difficult to discern body shape. Black just adds mass to the appearance, there is no subtlety to it.
Look through the sales brochures and you will see the body shape more easily on the Iridium Silver, White, Palladium Silver etc.
Of course lighter colors have more life to them as well and then there is personal preference.