Bluetooth issue. Do you have it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 12:39 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
CLS 550
Bluetooth issue. Do you have it?

Hey guys quick question. My car is still under full warranty Recently I noticed that my phone s8, after maybe 4-5 songs in the songs start cutting out .
​​​​​​
I listen mostly to Spotify , so I downloaded the songs . Didn't fix the issue Anyone got any ideas?

Regards
Mario M
Old 03-06-2018, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
CLS550 4Matic
Really weird i have no problem on mine and i use spotify as well...
What year is your CLS?
Old 03-06-2018, 07:56 AM

CLS 550
Originally Posted by Clkboi
Really weird i have no problem on mine and i use spotify as well...
What year is your CLS?
2014 ..
Old 03-06-2018, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS550 4Matic
Mine is a 2012 and it works flawlessly. I run an iPad in my center dash for all music so that's connected at all times and then I also connect my phone for incoming calls. No issues I can recall. Maybe an update to your software on the car? Are you using an old device with an older Bluetooth version?
Old 03-06-2018, 09:53 PM

CLS 550
Mine is a 2012 and it works flawlessly. I run an iPad in my center dash for all music so that's connected at all times and then I also connect my phone for incoming calls. No issues I can recall. Maybe an update to your software on the car? Are you using an old device with an older Bluetooth version?
I'm using a Samsung s8 galaxy fairly new phone Car is still under warranty you think I can wing it and ask them to update the software ? How can I check if I have the latest. I did try today, re synced the phone and it hasn't caused any issues. I'll continue to monitor it ... Still too early to tell if it fixed it.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
99 E 300TD, 02 E320, 2013 ML350
Most of the phone issues I see are related to the phone itself. Whenever you start to have any bluetooth issue first power down your phone and then delete and repair to your vehicle. Depending on the model (your CLS is NTG 4.5 audio) you can press and hold your power button on the radio for about 10 seconds and that will do a soft reset. You can also do a full reset through the system settings. As long as you have a blank USB stick you can save all your data so you don't lose anything (presets, nav data etc). If anything needs any help doing this just let me know
Old 03-06-2018, 11:20 PM

CLS 550
Originally Posted by mstrbenztech
Most of the phone issues I see are related to the phone itself. Whenever you start to have any bluetooth issue first power down your phone and then delete and repair to your vehicle. Depending on the model (your CLS is NTG 4.5 audio) you can press and hold your power button on the radio for about 10 seconds and that will do a soft reset. You can also do a full reset through the system settings. As long as you have a blank USB stick you can save all your data so you don't lose anything (presets, nav data etc). If anything needs any help doing this just let me know
Well thank you for the reply I appreciate it. I only have one address pre saved The problem started back up when I adjusted the treble on the audio portion of the Bluetooth So I re paired and will listen to again tomorrow

To back stuff up just plug in the USB ? I'm new to the cls family Any cool hidden features?
Old 03-06-2018, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS550 4Matic
If you are under warranty yes you can ask for an update but with a twist.
I wanted the 2013+ look on my dashboard (meaning the red and grey accents vs the yellow ones that come in the 2012 model) on my c-class and I too was under warranty.
They would update it for me for $360 until I made up that my phone connection and gps weren't working well.
Under warranty they did a reset and update and I got the new colors so you could use that as an excuse even though you pretty much are facing a problem lol.
As far as Easter eggs I have not found any. I'm focusing on getting an exhaust job done right now and doing cosmetically things to it later as it is fairly new to me too and haven't driven it much. Do love the v8 vs my v6 c300 😈
Old 03-07-2018, 07:23 AM

CLS 550
If you are under warranty yes you can ask for an update but with a twist.
I wanted the 2013+ look on my dashboard (meaning the red and grey accents vs the yellow ones that come in the 2012 model) on my c-class and I too was under warranty.
They would update it for me for $360 until I made up that my phone connection and gps weren't working well.
Under warranty they did a reset and update and I got the new colors so you could use that as an excuse even though you pretty much are facing a problem lol.
As far as Easter eggs I have not found any. I'm focusing on getting an exhaust job done right now and doing cosmetically things to it later as it is fairly new to me too and haven't driven it much. Do love the v8 vs my v6 c300 😈
How long was the update for? Did you have to leave the car over night ? I'm due for service b3 in 400 miles debating if I should do it with them or not. What are you doing to the exhaust?
Old 03-07-2018, 07:24 AM

CLS 550
Originally Posted by Suppaa Mario
How long was the update for? Did you have to leave the car over night ? I'm due for service b3 in 400 miles debating if I should do it with them or not. What are you doing to the exhaust?
Ps is there a way to see which software version I have ?
Old 03-07-2018, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS550 4Matic
Originally Posted by Suppaa Mario
Ps is there a way to see which software version I have ?
The update according the dealer takes 3-5 hours so yes I left the car there for the day.

I am doing the QTP valve exhaust install along with a carbon fiber diffuser and brabus quad tips
Old 03-07-2018, 10:56 AM

CLS 550
The update according the dealer takes 3-5 hours so yes I left the car there for the day.

I am doing the QTP valve exhaust install along with a carbon fiber diffuser and brabus quad tips
Right on, i am sure it will add a beautiful sound ...I am going to listen to the issue again today as well. See if it shows. If not i am going to schedule a service on Monday. Do you do your own services?
Old 03-07-2018, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS550 4Matic
Hopefully it works out for you, last thing you want is bringing the car to the "stealer". I don't do any of my own work besides changing air filters and maybe a few cosmetic things.

Last time I tried changing my oil on my CLK I got an error message saying i poured more than it allowed. Never again lol
Old 03-07-2018, 07:03 PM

CLS 550
Hopefully it works out for you, last thing you want is bringing the car to the "stealer". I don't do any of my own work besides changing air filters and maybe a few cosmetic things.

Last time I tried changing my oil on my CLK I got an error message saying i poured more than it allowed. Never again lol
Well, 5th song in . Bluetooth connection with phone.. Spotify downloaded songs .. Started to skip a little . Car is still under warranty so looks like I will schedule something for Monday.. Just thinking on how to word it .. Navigation and phone issue?
Old 03-07-2018, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS550 4Matic
Yup that's what I would say! Tell them your Bluetooth phone calls randomly disconnect and your GPS connection goes off as you're getting directed to a destination.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:57 AM

CLS 550
Yup that's what I would say! Tell them your Bluetooth phone calls randomly disconnect and your GPS connection goes off as you're getting directed to a destination.
Appointment set for Monday 830 am. Warranty better cover it 😂
Old 03-08-2018, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS550 4Matic
Keep us updated and good luck
Old 03-12-2018, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS550 4Matic
Any updates on this?
Old 03-12-2018, 08:02 PM

CLS 550
Any updates on this?
So the car already has the most recent software .. So I have been trying to recreate the problem, and I think it's due to the fact that the phones cellular reception degrades when the stuttering occurs Vice versa So I tried to play music while offline ... No issues yet . So .. I recreated it and recorded it .. Could be the Bluetooth antenna.. I still have to do more testing to exactly see where the problem is . But it has stopped doing it ... I still have to go to the dealership since I told them about a bulging window trim . Warranty is covering it but they had to order the item .. Hopefully by then I'll have some concrete evidence to narrow it down .