Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 cls550
New door pins!

Just picked these up today

Thought I'd share.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 CLS550-4M, 2013 C350-4M Coupe
I have a set of the same door pins from ebay sitting on my workbench since February. It's either been too cold or I've been too busy to install them. I hope to get to them next week.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:17 AM

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
2016 CLS550 4Matic
I have the same ones. I only did the front though as the rears require door panel removal, and my experience is that interior panels like that rarely fit as tight after they’ve been removed. I’m just not sure how badly I want to do it. On the other hand, I find the road noise level in these cars to be fairly bad, so I’m considering pulling the door panels all around to add some sound deadening material inside the door panels.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:09 AM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
I did this last summer on all 4 doors. Fronts were screw on. Rears I just pulled old ones off (very carefully w a cloth wrapped around it and window rolled down) w a plier and installed new ones. I used locktite to make sure they would never come off. They fit perfect and look so much better than factory plastic.

Also, if you do the rears- be sure to only apply a little bit of locktite and only on the part of the pin that will contact the nub. If you put too much on it will drip down and end up getting glued to other things that will prevent the rear door pin from locking/unlocking. Don’t ask me how I know this, lol. Luckily I was able to eventually release it and correct. It it was scary for a bit there. Anyway,good luck and they.re gonna look great.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:28 AM
Banned

2015 cls550
Originally Posted by ntwillie1
I did this last summer on all 4 doors. Fronts were screw on. Rears I just pulled old ones off (very carefully w a cloth wrapped around it and window rolled down) w a plier and installed new ones. I used locktite to make sure they would never come off. They fit perfect and look so much better than factory plastic.

Also, if you do the rears- be sure to only apply a little bit of locktite and only on the part of the pin that will contact the nub. If you put too much on it will drip down and end up getting glued to other things that will prevent the rear door pin from locking/unlocking. Don’t ask me how I know this, lol. Luckily I was able to eventually release it and correct. It it was scary for a bit there. Anyway,good luck and they.re gonna look great.
Thanks for the tips. I'm looking forward to seeing these on.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
CLS550 4Matic
Did some carbon fiber ones for the front. The rears didn't seem to come off so glad to read here that it's possible.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by ntwillie1

Somewhere I have a copy of the "official" MB instructions for installing the AMG door pins (part #: A0007660228). I will post them here as soon as I find them. MB instructs to install the door pins as you describe above, (i.e., unscrew the stock front door pins, and use a pair of pliers to pull up on and remove the rear door pins, with no need to disassemble the rear door trim). MB recommends using Loctite 243 on the (threaded) front door pins only (to prevent rotation of the AMG logo) and using a gel type cyanoacrylate (super glue) on the rear door pins (like https://www.homedepot.com/p/Loctite-...4790/100371839 ) to prevent any adhesive from leaking down into the door lock mechanism.

Last edited by Antique-Ace; 04-16-2018 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:30 PM

Attached is a PDF copy of AZ72.10-P-0005EW "Retrofit AMG retainer button" (Installation of the AMG door pins in a W212 which is the same procedure for the C218)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Retrofit AMG Door Pins.pdf (356.6 KB, 196 views)
Old 04-16-2018, 03:19 PM
Banned

2015 cls550
Originally Posted by Antique-Ace
Attached is a PDF copy of AZ72.10-P-0005EW "Retrofit AMG retainer button" (Installation of the AMG door pins in a W212 which is the same procedure for the C218)
Thanks boss!
Old 05-02-2018, 01:22 PM
Banned

2015 cls550
Installed. I love these.
Sit totally flush when you lock the car .

Old 05-02-2018, 05:33 PM

2016 CLS550 4Matic
Originally Posted by Ariesfamous
Installed. I love these.
Sit totally flush when you lock the car .

Nice. How did you do the rears?

I did my front pins awhile ago but haven’t worked up the nerve to pull the back pins off or remove the door panels. Please share your process and any tips. Thanks!
Old 05-02-2018, 06:09 PM
Banned

2015 cls550
Originally Posted by VirtualRain

Nice. How did you do the rears?

I did my front pins awhile ago but haven’t worked up the nerve to pull the back pins off or remove the door panels. Please share your process and any tips. Thanks!
I wrapped the pin with a microfiber so that the cloth was on the door a little bit too, and then laid a wrench across and used a pair of pliers and just pulled down using the wrench for leverage.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:14 PM

2016 CLS550 4Matic
I wrapped the pin with a microfiber so that the cloth was on the door a little bit too, and then laid a wrench across and used a pair of pliers and just pulled down using the wrench for leverage.
Thanks. Did it come off easily or require a concerning amount of force?

Were the wires in the door still accessible?? Any danger of them slipping down into the whole?

what did you use to attach the new pins?
Old 05-02-2018, 08:37 PM
Banned

2015 cls550

Were the wires in the door still accessible?? Any danger of them slipping down into the whole?

They popped off pretty easily. Little bit of force but nothing scary.. I was careful 'cause I could imagine putting the pliers through the tint lol.
no the wires don't fall down and they pop back up if you hit unlock anyway.
I used a little bit of blue Loctite and I just pressed down at the same time that I hit unlock if that makes sense.
It was fairly easy, I had read a bunch and expected it to be much harder or problematic.
realistically I think you could get away with using almost anything or nothing at all because no one's ever going to pull them up you know what I mean?
The following users liked this post:
TooManyIDs (03-16-2021)
Old 05-02-2018, 11:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RRS Supercharged and CLS550 (W218)
Good purchase Aries. I ordered these the evening I brought my car home. The stock plastic ones are absolutely hideous.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:44 AM

2016 CLS550 4Matic
They popped off pretty easily. Little bit of force but nothing scary.. I was careful 'cause I could imagine putting the pliers through the tint lol.
no the wires don't fall down and they pop back up if you hit unlock anyway.
I used a little bit of blue Loctite and I just pressed down at the same time that I hit unlock if that makes sense.
It was fairly easy, I had read a bunch and expected it to be much harder or problematic.
realistically I think you could get away with using almost anything or nothing at all because no one's ever going to pull them up you know what I mean?
Thanks to your great instructions, I worked up the courage to pop my rear pins tonight. I found I couldn't get them loose using a wrench under the pliers for leverage, I used a slightly taller small block of wood about the same height as the dimple on the plastic pin and that worked like a charm. Anyway, they came off easily and actually left a bit of plastic poking up through the hole to attach the new pins to. For some reason I was expecting a metal wire to be somewhere down the hole. It was a lot easier than I thought. I used crazy glue to attach the new pins. We'll see how that holds up, but as you say, these pins are really just visual indicators of locked or unlocked now, they no longer function in any way as pins you can pull on to unlock the door as they sit flush when locked. They can still be used to lock the door, but auto locking takes care of that.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:53 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 CLS550
I went with the carbon fiber look, two tone

Old 05-20-2018, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e550 c207

I juet got my cls550 yesterday and I am already spending money on things like these. Lol

I noticed your floor mats, while looking at your pictures. What kind are they?
Old 04-22-2020, 12:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 cls550
Thanks to your great instructions, I worked up the courage to pop my rear pins tonight. I found I couldn't get them loose using a wrench under the pliers for leverage, I used a slightly taller small block of wood about the same height as the dimple on the plastic pin and that worked like a charm. Anyway, they came off easily and actually left a bit of plastic poking up through the hole to attach the new pins to. For some reason I was expecting a metal wire to be somewhere down the hole. It was a lot easier than I thought. I used crazy glue to attach the new pins. We'll see how that holds up, but as you say, these pins are really just visual indicators of locked or unlocked now, they no longer function in any way as pins you can pull on to unlock the door as they sit flush when locked. They can still be used to lock the door, but auto locking takes care of that.
wouldn’t that be mitigated using taller rear pins? They would protrude and be “grabbable”.
It’s a small thing but sometimes old school folks who sit in the back seat just wanna pull something rather than search for the unlock button lol