Command unit powering on and off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 05:00 PM

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
2014 CLS 550
Command unit powering on and off

So unfortunately my car was towed this weekend and when I got it back not to say the towing people did anything but my command unit wasn’t having any issues until now and the power in the center armrest that has power for my phone charger goes off and on with the radio, also my tire sensors were fine as well and now they are showing on. I’ve looked in the threads but it’s saying to do a reset with the command unit by pulling out fuses for the command and still no luck. So I’m wondering if anyone with this model cls550 has dealt with these issues and how did you resolve it
thanks
Old 10-02-2019, 10:26 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
Sorry to hear of your issues. When I started having issues w my command and other systems in the car i replaced my auxiliary battery and that fixed my issues. How many miles do you have on your car? 40K or so seems a pretty common number as to when you start to need an aux battery replacement. Good luck.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:47 PM

2014 CLS 550
Originally Posted by ntwillie1
Sorry to hear of your issues. When I started having issues w my command and other systems in the car i replaced my auxiliary battery and that fixed my issues. How many miles do you have on your car? 40K or so seems a pretty common number as to when you start to need an aux battery replacement. Good luck.
thanks for the info! And I have 102000 on it
Old 10-13-2019, 09:06 PM

2014 CLS 550
I replaced the auxiliary battery and still have no luck and now the unit doesn’t even go on or off it just stays off now? Im wondering what that means, it was coming on and off and now it’s just off and that’s was even before I bought the auxiliary battery. I really hate not having my rear view camera, I got used to it and I hate not having it I’d also like to ge the radio going again as well any input appreciated, thanks
Old 10-14-2019, 09:31 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
Dang dude. That’s not good. Have you checked your fuses? Maybe find a good independent mechanic that can help. I have an awesome mechanic I use and trust here in Nj. He works on German cars mostly and has saved me a lot of money as compared to dealer prices. Where r u located?
Old 10-14-2019, 10:02 PM

2014 CLS 550
Originally Posted by ntwillie1
Dang dude. That’s not good. Have you checked your fuses? Maybe find a good independent mechanic that can help. I have an awesome mechanic I use and trust here in Nj. He works on German cars mostly and has saved me a lot of money as compared to dealer prices. Where r u located?
I checked the fuses and they all seem fine, I’m in central Florida, I used to live in north jersey and had a few guys up there that could of looked at it. I gotta guy down here that’s going to take a look it’s just ive recently moved so it’s hard to get to that side of town especially since they are always busy so finding the right times have been difficult but I’m going this Friday to get some things done I will ask them to look then.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 Mercedes Benz s550
Before you replaced your aux battery , was your command center and front display not working, no power?
Old 06-08-2020, 11:46 AM

2014 CLS 550
Originally Posted by tonysnow0924
Before you replaced your aux battery , was your command center and front display not working, no power?
it was coming on then off Intermittently, then would just flash off and on without actually loading. I had to find a new command unit which luckily I did but having someone program it from mercedes was the hard part.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:53 AM

2012 Mercedes Benz s550
oh i see, mine just doesn't power on at all, not even a logo or nothing, checked all my fuses , even reset my battery but to no success. any ideas?
Old 06-08-2020, 12:13 PM

2014 CLS 550
oh i see, mine just doesn't power on at all, not even a logo or nothing, checked all my fuses , even reset my battery but to no success. any ideas?
others on here said to check the aux battery, if I were you I’d check that. I checked fuses did all of that. So if you did that and then you do the aux battery and still doesn’t work, I’d go to dealership and see what they say unfortunately like I said mine was fried is what they said it was a huge process and if I had to do over again I would of bought one of those nice android units and been done with it. Instead I listened to the guys advice from benz and bought a command unit from a same year make and model of my car, which wasn’t plug and play like the guy suggested, funny thing he told me to get the unit and they would program it lol so I did what he said, bought the unit and went to have it programmed and the guy in the service department said sorry I can’t program it smh. From the very place I was told to “find one on eBay” I was pissed. I ended up needing service b or something and my merc mechanic referred me to a buddy that works at a different merc dealer and guy said leave it with him for a day if he gets it to work he’ll charge me less than 200 if it didn’t work he wouldn’t charge me and at that point I was desperate and he calls me a few hours after dropping it off and got it to work for the most part. I still don’t have navigation but I’m working on that ....
The following users liked this post:
Petefashion (06-10-2024)
Old 06-08-2020, 12:16 PM

2012 Mercedes Benz s550
Thanks for the heads up!
Dblok1113 (06-08-2020)
Old 06-08-2020, 12:23 PM

2014 CLS 550
Thanks for the heads up!

Good luck !
tonysnow0924 (06-08-2020)
Old 06-10-2024, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 S550 4matic
Angry 2011 Mercedes benz s550 4matic command had no power

Originally Posted by Dblok1113
others on here said to check the aux battery, if I were you I’d check that. I checked fuses did all of that. So if you did that and then you do the aux battery and still doesn’t work, I’d go to dealership and see what they say unfortunately like I said mine was fried is what they said it was a huge process and if I had to do over again I would of bought one of those nice android units and been done with it. Instead I listened to the guys advice from benz and bought a command unit from a same year make and model of my car, which wasn’t plug and play like the guy suggested, funny thing he told me to get the unit and they would program it lol so I did what he said, bought the unit and went to have it programmed and the guy in the service department said sorry I can’t program it smh. From the very place I was told to “find one on eBay” I was pissed. I ended up needing service b or something and my merc mechanic referred me to a buddy that works at a different merc dealer and guy said leave it with him for a day if he gets it to work he’ll charge me less than 200 if it didn’t work he wouldn’t charge me and at that point I was desperate and he calls me a few hours after dropping it off and got it to work for the most part. I still don’t have navigation but I’m working on that ....
. hello can you answer me this question..you said you was going to install an andriod head unit..will it still work on all functions if the command is not working..i am having no power to my command also andi was thinking about installing an andriod unit ..please help
Old 06-23-2024, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g55clsw222
I think i know how to solve your problem the command control is causing the issue disconnect the command and if the flashing goes away replace command switch let me know if it worked