Window trim pliers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 04:03 AM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
2012 MB CLS550 ( C218)
Window trim pliers

Hey guys,

I have a w218 2012 CLS 550. Anyone know how to remove the doors window cheome trim (pliers) I can't any information here or on the web.

I appreciate your help in advance
Old 05-18-2022, 05:24 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
CLS500
Spoiler

Here's a PDF file for installing the out B pillar panel.

Also look on Youtube. Search Mercedes chrome trim removal. Several videos showing various models. Same principals across most models.
Attached Files

Last edited by Beer_Bandit; 05-18-2022 at 05:29 AM.
Old 05-18-2022, 10:23 AM

2012 MB CLS550 ( C218)
Originally Posted by Beer_Bandit
Spoiler

Hey thanks for the reply.I did search you tube. Other models show that you can just pull it up. Well when I did that I bent it and it didn't move at all. Looks like its being held by something. In my Rand Rover their is hiding bolts behind the door holding them and I'm starting to think that this might be the same. Thanks for the B pillar guide. It might be helpful one day Here's a PDF file for installing the out B pillar panel. Thanks again

Here's a PDF file for installing the out B pillar panel.

Also look on Youtube. Search Mercedes chrome trim removal. Several videos showing various models. Same principals across most models.

Old 05-18-2022, 05:27 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
CLS500
Old 05-18-2022, 07:43 PM

2012 MB CLS550 ( C218)
Originally Posted by Beer_Bandit
Thanks again. That's the same video I watched along with other videos but remember that we have frameless doors this is not the same car although most of the others like a e-class and a C-Class will be the same or even an s class. But when I tried to do that my Chrome bent and the other one broke and he did not come out there's something still holding it
Old 05-23-2022, 12:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS550
Originally Posted by Mssidah
Thanks again. That's the same video I watched along with other videos but remember that we have frameless doors this is not the same car although most of the others like a e-class and a C-Class will be the same or even an s class. But when I tried to do that my Chrome bent and the other one broke and he did not come out there's something still holding it
May I ask why you want to pull it? Is it to delete chrome with Wrap or Hyper Dip?

I have CLS 257 (not same car but similar) and recently wrapped the window trim and it pull out just fine. Have to be firm and slow. As you get to the end you need to pull up and to the right.

By the way, if you are looking to wrap/chrome delete, no need to take it off. Actually better if you don't take it off. You can use knife less tape to cut the bottom.
Old 05-23-2022, 02:34 PM

2012 MB CLS550 ( C218)
Originally Posted by JS-CLS550
May I ask why you want to pull it? Is it to delete chrome with Wrap or Hyper Dip?

I have CLS 257 (not same car but similar) and recently wrapped the window trim and it pull out just fine. Have to be firm and slow. As you get to the end you need to pull up and to the right.

By the way, if you are looking to wrap/chrome delete, no need to take it off. Actually better if you don't take it off. You can use knife less tape to cut the bottom.
Hi there,
I really appreciate you guys for replying. I made it work I guess I was not pulling hard enough since one of them was stucks for some reason and I bent it.

You guys were right I was able to pull it up and out.

Yes I started a wrapping project. Little by little until I eventually finish.

Attached Thumbnails Window trim pliers-20220522_173509.jpg  
Old 05-23-2022, 02:38 PM

CLS550
You wrapping the whole car? White looks great as is with chrome delete. I recently deleted all the chrome trims on my CLS.
Old 05-23-2022, 03:11 PM

CLS550

Emblems/Front Grill Logo/part that goes left and right of the logos were all Hyper Dipped. Window Chrome, door handle (partial) and low front/rear bumper lips were wrapped.
The following users liked this post:
Tbbt CLS (05-24-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 05:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,421 Likes on 3,147 Posts
'71 Pinto
Anyone know how to remove the doors window chrome trim (pliers) I can't any information here or on the web.
Carefully remove with plastic wedge. See attachments line 3.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
rear door crank window.pdf (640.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: pdf
front door crank window.pdf (731.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 05-26-2022, 11:47 AM

2012 MB CLS550 ( C218)
Originally Posted by JS-CLS550
You wrapping the whole car? White looks great as is with chrome delete. I recently deleted all the chrome trims on my CLS.
Yes, I'm wrapping the whole car! Started my wrapping project. The color I selected was the Satin Pearl White for the body. It almost looks like chrome when the sun hit it, sometimes looks gray, and sometimes looks like a faded pink lol 😆 for the trim I chose the Black Stealth Small Pattern Camouflage. Little by little until I eventually finish. I'm using the probrand VVIVID brand for the project. I always used their products and was always happy with the results. This time I'm using the xpo film. Those are made with polysol mixture and rated to last 5-7 years. I usually used to the Plus+ but thought this give this one a try. It is a bit harder to use and doesn't like heat. the color I selected was the Satin Pearl White for the body. It almost looks like chrome when the sun hit it, sometimes looks gray, and sometimes looks like a faded pink lol 😆 for the trim I chose the Black Stealth Small Pattern Camouflage. I have NOT decided on the roof yet.
Old 05-26-2022, 02:19 PM

2012 MB CLS550 ( C218)
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Carefully remove with plastic wedge. See attachments line 3.
thank you
Old 05-27-2022, 10:59 AM

CLS550
Yes, I'm wrapping the whole car! Started my wrapping project. The color I selected was the Satin Pearl White for the body. It almost looks like chrome when the sun hit it, sometimes looks gray, and sometimes looks like a faded pink lol 😆 for the trim I chose the Black Stealth Small Pattern Camouflage. Little by little until I eventually finish. I'm using the probrand VVIVID brand for the project. I always used their products and was always happy with the results. This time I'm using the xpo film. Those are made with polysol mixture and rated to last 5-7 years. I usually used to the Plus+ but thought this give this one a try. It is a bit harder to use and doesn't like heat. the color I selected was the Satin Pearl White for the body. It almost looks like chrome when the sun hit it, sometimes looks gray, and sometimes looks like a faded pink lol 😆 for the trim I chose the Black Stealth Small Pattern Camouflage. I have NOT decided on the roof yet.
Don't forget to post some pics after you're done 😉