CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Just placed an order on CLS but...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63(Euro-spec)
Just placed an order on CLS but...

I choosed Obsidian Black with Sunset red leather.
What do you guys think of this color combo??
I am seriously torn between grey or red leather and I like to hear some honest feedback.

Thank you
Old 04-05-2005, 08:32 PM

CLS-500, SL-500, BOXSTER-S
I loved the red leather when I first saw the Advertising photos of it, so my original order was red leather. I could never get a sample from MBNA or my dealer and no one had ever seen it. As time passed I found other photo's of the red that were not very flattering. I ended up changing my order before the car went into production. I did go with the black leather, kinda dark gray IMHO. Black interiors have always been a safe bet and I did not want to re order the car if the red sucked. I also am worried the red would get visually old really fast as time passed. By the way the exterior color I chose was pewter. Black paint is awesome if you can maintain it. I know that I cannot, so pewter is a close to black as I dare go.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:55 PM

Tough one - cool unique color combo, but it could get old real quick I must agree. Just being honest. I have still never seen it in person. I know the resale value would be a question if you're buying it, but if you like it, get it. The ones I've seen pics of here on the forum look sweet - just a matter of how cool it looks in person and would it get old? Obsidian Black looks cool - prob the best color combo if you were gonna do the sunset red.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:42 PM

06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
I am about to send you that post with the red leather but I guess you find that post already. Also, this post talk about red CLS and black exterior... https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ight=black+cls

Post some pictures when you get it! Good luck.

hlkc

Last edited by hlkc; 04-05-2005 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:37 PM

MB CLS350, Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by jwkim80
I choosed Obsidian Black with Sunset red leather.
What do you guys think of this color combo??
I am seriously torn between grey or red leather and I like to hear some honest feedback.

Thank you
I've ordered Obsidian Black too but just couldn't get my head around the red leather. I agree with John87699 that it may affect resale value but then again, that's not really why we buy cars - we do it to suit our own tastes and if red is for you, I say go for it man

I've gone for Cashmere Beige interior which is stunning with black IMO - but also accept it will be a killer to keep clean - especially with a 3 year old LOL :p
Old 04-06-2005, 04:52 PM

06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
Originally Posted by HRSL1702
I've ordered Obsidian Black too but just couldn't get my head around the red leather. I agree with John87699 that it may affect resale value but then again, that's not really why we buy cars - we do it to suit our own tastes and if red is for you, I say go for it man

I've gone for Cashmere Beige interior which is stunning with black IMO - but also accept it will be a killer to keep clean - especially with a 3 year old LOL :p
HRS1702,

I have Cashmere Beige interior and it looks so luxury and rich tastes - LOVE it. But one down side is all carpeting is also beige and it is easily get dirty especially the foot rest area. My left foot is keep going to that place and it is already dirty. I am dying for a foot rest.

See my beige interior here: https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....10&postcount=3

Black exterior looks so cool when new but it is hard to keep it clean IMO. https://mbworld.org/forums/detailing-automotive-care/101076-dusting.html

Cheers!
Old 04-06-2005, 05:37 PM

MB CLS350, Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by hlkc
HRS1702,

I have Cashmere Beige interior and it looks so luxury and rich tastes - LOVE it. But one down side is all carpeting is also beige and it is easily get dirty especially the foot rest area. My left foot is keep going to that place and it is already dirty. I am dying for a foot rest.

See my beige interior here: https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....10&postcount=3

Black exterior looks so cool when new but it is hard to keep it clean IMO. https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=101076

Cheers!
Thanks for the links hlkc - your car looks stunning!

One question - did the black mats come as standard or did the dealer swap over the beige ones?

Cheers
Old 04-06-2005, 05:49 PM

06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
Originally Posted by HRSL1702
Thanks for the links hlkc - your car looks stunning!

One question - did the black mats come as standard or did the dealer swap over the beige ones?

Cheers
HRSL1702,

My dealer swap it for me and explained to me that if I choose the beige mats it will become black mats in no time. I can understand now from my foot rest area. Btw, if it is not too late, not sure you have AMG option or not but it is worth every penny. Good luck - let me know if I can answer more questions for you.

hlkc
Old 04-06-2005, 05:56 PM

06 CLS500, 05 Range Rover, 00 Landcruiser
Despite my beige interior, my dealer said I have standard black mats too. I ordered the biege mats a month ago and Im still waiting up to this time. Now i realize that black is not bad since it covers the black smears and spots from my shoes. Maybe I'll just keep it as it is.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Almost a Member!

CLS500
sunset red is the best
Old 04-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Almost a Member!

CLS500
here is the pic
Old 04-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Almost a Member!