Steps to take against a dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls500
Steps to take against a dealer?

So I am fed up and as pissed as I can get with my dealer here. Some might remember my post regaurding the dealer denting three of my doors and trying to pass it off as a cls defect that the door mounts pull the doors in and there is nothing they can do about it. Short scenario:
1st time taking my cls500 in for service:
needed:
#1) basic service at 18,000 miles.
#2) Had a rattle in the drivers door
#3) Dash speaker had a buzz in it
#4) needed wiper blades.
Sounds simple enough right? Well I guess not, I got the car back, the rattle was still there, the buzzing was still there, and low and behold 3 of the 4 doors are dented, WTF. I take it back and the excuse I get from the MANGER mind you is the doors dent themselves due to a flaw in the mercedes and it is not there issue and mbusa will do nothing about it. Obviously I raised hell and they ended up fixing the doors but upon that appointment I also said re do the rattle and the buzz.
This time in they now need to order a part for the door which telle me they just tried to rig it the last time for a quick getaway without actually fixing anything. PISSED. SO I bring the car back yesterday and leave it ALL DAY for an easy at max 2hr job. I show up right before they close to pick it up and the F'ing window is not even aligned correctly. Wind is blowing in with the window rolled all the way up. WTF again. So I have to leave the car overnight and pay another $20 ins. for the loaner car and waste even more time going back to get my car yet again.
I have left messages with many choice words to both the service advisor and the service Director to call me first thing this morning. It is now 11:30AM and still no return phone call. What should my next move be to make this right. One my car now feels like crap to me because I know it has been dented even though the dents are not visible. Two I know it has been rigged and not properly fixed, and three the service is worse than any 2nd rate chop shop I have ever seen.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in your Mom's car
It seems as if you have been given a raw deal by this dealership. So my question is, why do you continue to go back to them? Is that the only dealer within 200 miles or something?
Old 02-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Almost a Member!

cls500
I have only been twice, this is all in a matter of two visits. The first one was because that was where the car was purchased. The second trip was to have them fix what they screwed up the first trip.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by Beej
I have only been twice, this is all in a matter of two visits. The first one was because that was where the car was purchased. The second trip was to have them fix what they screwed up the first trip.
Not certain what the speaker noise is however, there were DTBs released for the door rattle. It is a damn shame that they caused body damage and attempted to sidestep the matter!

P-B-72.00/78 MAR07 - rattling noise in either the front or rear window glass area which may occur when the door is closed or when driving over a rough road surface. The mounting huts of the window guide rail may have come loose causing the rattle.

P-B-72.10/82 MAY07 - rattling noise in the front door when driving on rough roads, or when doors are being closed, this may be due to the power window mechanism having too much play or vibrating against the door lining.

I would suggest contacting MBUSA @ 800-367-6372 and have them contact the Service Manager on your behalf.

Last edited by konigstiger; 02-20-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:41 PM

in your Mom's car
How far is the other closest MB dealership to you?
Old 02-20-2008, 06:46 PM

2010 CL63
Try to be more civil w/ the service guys. Cursing them out won't get you very far.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Almost a Member!

cls500
Originally Posted by JayCLK430
Try to be more civil w/ the service guys. Cursing them out won't get you very far.
I didn't curse THEM out, I used prfanity in my explanation but I definately did it in a more civil way expressing my frustrations. Things are good now, they are doing a lot for me and were right there to step up and take the blame for the issues.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:04 PM

in your Mom's car
well, i'm glad that it's getting sorted out. I don't think that MB would set out to stiff it's customers. We pay enough for everything with them that we deserve good customer service and not be treated like we bought a secondhand car from a five and dime lot.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:42 AM

F10
you're the second guy that was told that the cars dent themselves, look it up on this forum, so does the cars really dent itself? this is a MAJOR flaw on the design, perhaps the cars gets dented when put on a lift. Kinda like the murcielago cracking a $17000 windshiled when jacked on one corner. Whoa!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Hmm...

This brings about some concerns and questions for me and a lot of CLS owners. I have never heard of this issue before, but on this board. A car that dents itself? Is this really a flaw in structural design or just a fluke or just a case of a dealership being negligent?

I have visited several dealers in Georgia, and (Florida while out driving). My dealer of choice due to reputation, prices, friendliness, and relationship formation was RBM. You may want to follow a suggestion to go to another dealer. The closest dealer to my house is going through new ownership, crazy prices, and people that have attitude problems. RBM while about 30 miles from my house, is a lot nicer, prices are better, not to mention free coffee, internet access, not to mention better SA's.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Who is the dealer?
Old 02-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Almost a Member!

cls500
It is not the CLS that has any flaw it is the ignorant service manager they had at this dealer who thought that was a bright excuse to use.