Best way to add iPod and Video to 06' CLS500? please advise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 01:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CLS55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Cayenne S
Best way to add iPod and Video to 06' CLS500? please advise

Hey guys,

Wondering what should I buy?, factory iPod hook up? or maybe something like a Dension 500, which would work best?

I need something to really get the most out of my iPod library, and also, a device that would let me control my iPod playlists from the OEM Head unit.

Some advise please, like, where to buy?, best bang for my buck?
Old 12-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
We have the iTronic family of parts that will do what you want, including playing video from the iPod as well.... you can see our site for details.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cartronics
We have the iTronic family of parts that will do what you want, including playing video from the iPod as well.... you can see our site for details.
Does it work with iphone 4/4s?
Old 12-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Yes, it works with ALL phones, including the 4s
Old 12-23-2011, 12:06 AM

Yes, it works with ALL phones, including the 4s
Thank you!, any specific device you would recommend for the iPod integration?

BTW, I hate my OEM MB Bluetooth device, it sucks, it never automatically pairs with my iPhone 4, I always have to MANUALLY turn on the BT, and then wait like 3 minutes to try and pair my iPhone, total crap!

I know you have BT solutions, which one would you recommend?, something simple, similar to the oem that lets me browse my contacts using the car controls.

Last edited by Kelvin07; 12-23-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

The iTronic BT is what we would recommend.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:59 PM

Still searching, $499 for the ironic is above the Dension gateway on line, any cheaper recommendations?
Old 01-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

The Dension does not compare to function or reliability, nor can it do streaming.

There is not rally anything cheaper except an aux-input that can be wired into the back of the radio (analog, no charge, no control of course)
Old 01-16-2012, 01:24 AM

The Dension does not compare to function or reliability, nor can it do streaming.

There is not rally anything cheaper except an aux-input that can be wired into the back of the radio (analog, no charge, no control of course)
Really?

Function?, don't both do the same thing? (except streaming)

Realiability???, Dension has bad reliability?, they are quite reputable aren't they?

I am not looking for BT streaming, just good old hardwired iPod music (maybe video) at an affordable price, MB seems to be the most expensive out of all the german big three to fit with iPod.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

No, the Dension is not seen to the car's computers as factory parts and functions suffer. Also the Dension bluetooth is a piggyback, and does not work as discrete as the iTronic does. It may not seem like this matters, but if were to use both side by side - you would see a HUGE difference.
The Dension (which we are a Dension test center btw) has never really gotten the MOST Mercedes product right. Many times the unit has to be unplugged and reset from time to time to fix timing issues on the fiber optic bus. They are also not a certified product.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
To Cartronics, i ordered a piece from your site its been a week and still no tracking number, yet the money has been taken out of my account, can you please help me out, when i called your customer service to check order status the sales support guy said "we are not amazon, we cant ship within 2 days."
Old 01-26-2012, 11:57 PM

Thumbs up RESOLVED!

Originally Posted by S500 Man
To Cartronics, i ordered a piece from your site its been a week and still no tracking number, yet the money has been taken out of my account, can you please help me out, when i called your customer service to check order status the sales support guy said "we are not amazon, we cant ship within 2 days."
Sorry to hear that bud, I hope you can get a better answer than "we're not amazon..."

I didn't really wanted to pay $500 for an iPod interface, when I already have BT in my car.

So for anyone who is interested, I found this, it replaces the CD changer, and it works like OEM, the car will read all you iPod info.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110774617107...#ht_864wt_1378 (or just do a search on ebay with the words "Dietz MERCEDES BENZ iPod")

If you have any iPhone or a later generation iPod, you would have to buy a $17 Scostche Passport 12 to 5v converter, to allow newer apple devices to charge, given that apple switched from 12v to 5v charging.

I don't buy into all the hoopla for these devices, I wasn't comfortable buying the Dension nor the Itronics, too many features I didn't really need, for too much money extra.

What I needed was an iPod/iphone-ONLY interface, and got it at an AWESOME PRICE!

PS: the ebay seller was great http://myworld.ebay.com/audiocloseou...id=p4340.l2559, and they didn't take 2 days to ship... it was the very same day, so...

Last edited by Kelvin07; 01-27-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

If you can call us, we can find out who you are, and if the part is on backorder or has shipped. We are all techs here, and most of our items are custom assembled/programmed for each car. That is the reason they work so well. Mercedes has many many exceptions and conditions to the equipment they us. Off the shelf items do not work as well therefore... However, the down side (especially this time of year when us and all suppliers are restocking from holiday depletions) is that shipping does not happen as quick as an off the shelf item. Your patience is usually highly rewarded.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I see our field tech answered you already, but I would love to help you. However, can not through the forum, as I have no idea who you are. Please call me directly, and I can assist you to the best of my ability....
Scott