Carbon 2018 Steering wheel for sale with airbag, shift lights and bluetooth adaptor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 12:37 PM

Received 108 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
Carbon 2018 Steering wheel for sale with airbag, shift lights and bluetooth adaptor

I have a 2018 style AMG GTS carbon wheel for sale with red acents. It has the 2018 airbag, shift lights and an LCD display for oil/water/gas etc. It also includes carbon paddles.

Selling as I traded the car for a 2014 McLaren Mp4 12c spider. (yes I know I'll have to fix it a lot, but man I love it )

It's full plug and play, you plug the Bluetooth module into the ODBii port and it connects to the wheel. the installation is easy simple pop out the airbag on your current wheel, disconnect the airbag and then un-bolt the steering wheel, then install mine in reverse.

the only thing that does not work on this wheel when installed in a 2017 or earlier is the cruise buttons, you still have to use the cruise stalk as the 2016's - 2017's did not have cruise controls on the wheel and I don't think they can "code" the 2017's and earlier to use the steering wheel cruise buttons. I hardly used cruise so never bothered me.

The "touch" buttons on the wheel are a little sensitive so sometimes when you choose a menu item you have to do it twice but it didn't bother me. Al the other things work as expected, volume, mute, paddles etc..

I have the gloss style buttons installed but I also have the matt black buttons at no additional cost to the buyer you can swap them out if you prefer matte buttons. ( a few screws)

I paid $2200 shipped for it, I'm asking $1100 shipped (US only) , no low ballers, please. This is a very good quality OEM wheel that has been professionally modified and is not one of the cheap knockoffs.

message me here or email me at grantmdavies @ Gmail dot com if you would like to purchase it or if you have questions.

2018 AMG carbon wheel installed in a 2016 AMG GTS plug and play

Cheers
Grant

Last edited by realien; 02-12-2022 at 09:45 AM. Reason: updated price
Old 01-25-2022, 11:05 AM

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts
AMG GT C Edition 50
Originally Posted by realien
I have a 2018 style AMG GTS carbon wheel for sale with red acents. It has the 2018 airbag, shift lights and an LCD display for oil/water/gas etc. It also includes carbon paddles.

Selling as I traded the car for a 2014 McLaren Mp4 12c spider. (yes I know I'll have to fix it a lot, but man I love it )

It's full plug and play, you plug the Bluetooth module into the ODBii port and it connects to the wheel. the installation is easy simple pop out the airbag on your current wheel, disconnect the airbag and then un-bolt the steering wheel, then install mine in reverse.

the only thing that does not work on this wheel when installed in a 2017 or earlier is the cruise buttons, you still have to use the cruise stalk as the 2016's - 2017's did not have cruise controls on the wheel and I don't think they can "code" the 2017's and earlier to use the steering wheel cruise buttons. I hardly used cruise so never bothered me.

The "touch" buttons on the wheel are a little sensitive so sometimes when you choose a menu item you have to do it twice but it didn't bother me. Al the other things work as expected, volume, mute, paddles etc..

I have the gloss style buttons installed but I also have the matt black buttons at no additional cost to the buyer you can swap them out if you prefer matte buttons. ( a few screws)

I paid $2200 shipped for it, I'm asking $1750 shipped (US only) or best offer, no low ballers, please. This is a very good quality OEM wheel that has been professionally modified and is not one of the cheap knockoffs.

message me here or email me at grantmdavies @ Gmail dot com if you would like to purchase it or if you have questions.

2018 AMG carbon wheel installed in a 2016 AMG GTS plug and play

Cheers
Grant
Can you further describe "LCD display for oil/water/gas?" Is it oil pressure or temp or level? Also, can the shift lights be turned off for everyday driving. They drive me crazy except for when on the track.
Old 01-25-2022, 12:00 PM

2016 AMG GTS
Originally Posted by AndrewFerg
Can you further describe "LCD display for oil/water/gas?" Is it oil pressure or temp or level? Also, can the shift lights be turned off for everyday driving. They drive me crazy except for when on the track.
Hey Andrew,

I'll have to check but from memory, it was water temp, oil temp, speed, gas level etc... you scroll through "pages" in the display and can change metric vs imperial etc. The shift lights have an RPM setting and I set mine to like 7000 when I was doing a long drive so they didn't light up. If you unplug the Bluetooth module it also disables all of the LCD functions and the shift lights if you don't want them on at all.

this is not who I bought it from but the video shows off the features and how it all works -

Old 01-25-2022, 12:15 PM

AMG GT C Edition 50
Originally Posted by realien
Hey Andrew,

I'll have to check but from memory, it was water temp, oil temp, speed, gas level etc... you scroll through "pages" in the display and can change metric vs imperial etc. The shift lights have an RPM setting and I set mine to like 7000 when I was doing a long drive so they didn't light up. If you unplug the Bluetooth module it also disables all of the LCD functions and the shift lights if you don't want them on at all.

this is not who I bought it from but the video shows off the features and how it all works - https://youtu.be/gTgRBBY4s4s
I was hoping for oil pressure. IWho did you buy it from? I can just look up specs. Also, I don't see the red accents you mentioned. Can those be easily modified. I'd like black.
Old 01-25-2022, 12:47 PM

2016 AMG GTS
I was hoping for oil pressure. IWho did you buy it from? I can just look up specs. Also, I don't see the red accents you mentioned. Can those be easily modified. I'd like black.
the accents are very small vinyl see pic..

I’ve asked about oil pressure , the vendor was askcarbon
Old 01-25-2022, 03:42 PM

Received 445 Likes on 239 Posts
AMG GTR
Hi,

Got the same LED display in a 2017 GTR. Latest version GEN 4 with upgradeable OBD / BT converter (Not the simple Doongle) and latest updates.

Only works:
Engine RPM, (bar and display)
Car speed,
Voltage,
cooling water temperature,
engine load?
Can now also have forgotten a value.
Race timer (adjustable)

The start sequence can be set via a "secret menu", including the AMG logo.

Installed this display in the hope, that the intake air temperature and boost pressure would be displayed. Doesn't work so far, it's probably not on the OBD bus that the display reads.

Information from ASK was. If it doesn't show anything, it's not there. :-)
I can call up the values with an inexpensive OBD reader. (Scan Gauge doesn't show anything either)

The display isn't necessary, but nice to have.

You can't see the oil pressure anywhere. The engine simply has no oil pressure sensor. Not even an oil pressure light.
If you want to monitor the oil pressure (max. 4 bar / approx. 60 psi), you absolutely have to retrofit a pressure sensor / switch and a display / light.

Best regards

Stenzel

The following users liked this post:
realien (01-25-2022)
Old 01-27-2022, 11:54 AM

2016 AMG GTS
Bump, $1650 shipped, before I put it on ebay...
Old 02-01-2022, 10:03 AM

2016 AMG GTS
its on ebay here :https://www.ebay.com/itm/325020924055
Old 02-03-2022, 12:06 PM

2016 AMG GTS
Reduced to $1500
Old 02-03-2022, 12:20 PM

AMG GT C Edition 50
Originally Posted by Stenzel-Germany
Hi,

Got the same LED display in a 2017 GTR. Latest version GEN 4 with upgradeable OBD / BT converter (Not the simple Doongle) and latest updates.

Only works:
Engine RPM, (bar and display)
Car speed,
Voltage,
cooling water temperature,
engine load?
Can now also have forgotten a value.
Race timer (adjustable)

The start sequence can be set via a "secret menu", including the AMG logo.

Installed this display in the hope, that the intake air temperature and boost pressure would be displayed. Doesn't work so far, it's probably not on the OBD bus that the display reads.

Information from ASK was. If it doesn't show anything, it's not there. :-)
I can call up the values with an inexpensive OBD reader. (Scan Gauge doesn't show anything either)

The display isn't necessary, but nice to have.

You can't see the oil pressure anywhere. The engine simply has no oil pressure sensor. Not even an oil pressure light.
If you want to monitor the oil pressure (max. 4 bar / approx. 60 psi), you absolutely have to retrofit a pressure sensor / switch and a display / light.

Best regards

Stenzel
Hey Stenzel,

Do you know why there is no oil pressure monitoring for such a high performance vehicle? I received an "oil pressure too high" notice, and of course immediately tried to check the oil pressure to ascertain the depth of the problem. I was shocked to discover there is no oil pressure reported anywhere in the system. You seem to know "everything", so here you go! I would buy this steering wheel if it could be configured to show oil pressure.

Andrew
Old 02-03-2022, 03:27 PM

Received 445 Likes on 239 Posts
AMG GTR
Hey Stenzel,

Do you know why there is no oil pressure monitoring for such a high performance vehicle? I received an "oil pressure too high" notice, and of course immediately tried to check the oil pressure to ascertain the depth of the problem. I was shocked to discover there is no oil pressure reported anywhere in the system. You seem to know "everything", so here you go! I would buy this steering wheel if it could be configured to show oil pressure.

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

I can't tell you why oil pressure monitoring is no longer installed. That hasn't been the case at MB for about 20 years. Incomprehensible.
If you would at least install an oil pressure switch with a warning lamp. The additional costs for this should be around USD 5.

An "oil level too high" message, That i know.

Are you absolutely sure that the message was really "Oil pressure too high"?

Would be very surprised, as the M178 engine does not have an oil pressure sensor. Not even a simple oil pressure switch for a simple oil pressure warning light.

Have installed the LED steering wheel. It definitely doesn't show oil pressure. It gets its information from the OBD bus.
Oil pressure is not one of the 32 standard OBD signals. (Sometimes oil temperature works for diesel vehicles. But it doesn't have to be that way)

Since oil pressure monitoring is very important to me, I retrofitted an oil pressure indicator. i.e. own sensor with display. Was the only solution.

I already wrote about it.

https://mbworld.org/forums/coupe-roa...ml#post8396845

Kind regards.

Stenzel

Last edited by Stenzel-Germany; 02-03-2022 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-07-2022, 11:00 AM

2016 AMG GTS
bump., Reduced to $1300. (I'll ship free in the US to someone on the forum)
Old 02-08-2022, 09:34 AM

2016 AMG GTS
Bump reduced to $1200 shipped.
Old 02-12-2022, 09:44 AM

2016 AMG GTS
Didn't realize this would so hard to sell

$1100 shippped.
Old 02-13-2022, 08:58 AM

2016 AMG GTS
thanks mate, its on ebay and I dropped the starting price to encourage some bidding

http://ebay.us/AOYTl9?cmpnId=5338273189