New owner GT R Iridium Silver Magno

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2022, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 91 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
New owner GT R Iridium Silver

Proud new owner of a 2018 Iridium Silver AMG GTR 😊. has 8k miles on it. carbon fiber interior and rear wing. Roll cage , Tikt brake cooling kit and Eurocharge stage 1 tune. Has the carbon ceramic brakes but those are being removed for proper track setup.

I haven’t even driven it more than around the block Installing this week
Front AP Radi Cal kit with SR 11 pads. Using Giro disc rotors. Giro disc rotors going in rear as well. drivers side and passenger seats being replaced with Recaro Profi SPG XL. six point harnesses as well. SRF fluid. Track alignment. Finally a set of AR-1 tires.

planning to track it on father’s day at Laguna Seca which is my home track. so excited !

without further ado here are some pics. i’m torn on if i’ll change color. i don’t love the huge contrast of the roof and wheels with silver paint. it’s growing on me. looks WAY better in person. i’m looking at just full satin PPF. option 2 3m dark satin grey wrap and full front clip PPF including roof. or option 3
Full wrap matched to

Selenite Grey Magno and then PPF.

Selenite Grey Magno wrap i’m considering

look how much better the lines show with this color. perhaps the satin PPF would do similar to my base color ?

Last edited by dllhg; 06-12-2022 at 10:50 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by dllhg:
canucklehead (06-12-2022), MalibuScott (06-13-2022), mbjj57 (06-13-2022), Orcbolg (06-12-2022), supertanch (06-12-2022)
Old 06-12-2022, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,303 Likes on 2,049 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Congrats on your new whip!
Your car doesn't appear to be Magno, which would be matte paint unless it's covered by a standard PPF. You may want to check the VIN.

This is how they look.

Old 06-12-2022, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Wolfman
Congrats on your new whip!
Your car doesn't appear to be Magno, which would be matte paint unless it's covered by a standard PPF. You may want to check the VIN.

This is how they look.

thanks. yeah i’m new to this lineup. didn’t even know there was another iridium silver lol.

love the car. may just wrap it in 3m satin dark grey and call it a day. replace the front bumper when it gets worn out.
Old 06-12-2022, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 437 Posts
AMG
Welcome to the GT owner club! That's one sexy machine, and I typically hate silver cars.
Old 06-12-2022, 09:05 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
AMG GTS, Mercedes 6.9, 190SL
Congrats! Sexier version of my Iridium GTS. I can't even imagine tracking a tuned GTR. I've never tracked a car, if I did, I'd track my slowest (1994 Porsche 968).
Old 06-12-2022, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Orcbolg
Welcome to the GT owner club! That's one sexy machine, and I typically hate silver cars.
thanks ! when i look at photos of it i want to change color. when i see it in person it looks great. still think lines pop more and looks better with dark grey though.

Old 06-12-2022, 11:43 PM

Received 37 Likes on 11 Posts
E55, Z06
Congrats on the purchase!!! You absolutely could not have bought from a better shop than Elite!!!!! Talk with them about doing any kind of wrap...they do amazing work.

Christian
Old 06-13-2022, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by acr-c
Congrats on the purchase!!! You absolutely could not have bought from a better shop than Elite!!!!! Talk with them about doing any kind of wrap...they do amazing work.

Christian
Everyone there seems amazing. sales people don’t act like sales people. owner is super cool and will really talk to you. the performance shop all seem to be super knowledgeable and very easy to talk with. so glad i found them
Old 06-13-2022, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 966 Likes on 581 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Car looks awesome!

Since you’re setting the car up as a track weapon I would strongly recommend a true PPF and not a wrap. The car will take a pounding on track; it’s unavoidable and the PPF being much thicker than a simple wrap will provide far more paint; carbon fibre; plastic protection. Also, strongly consider getting the front windscreen protected also, even if it means replacing it every year; the protection not the windshield.

BTW: consider using one of the AP Racing brake fluids instead of the SRF as the dry boiling point is higher and iirc the fluid is cheaper. Remember you’ll need a minimum of 2 of the OEM shim kits in order to get a decent track alignment.

Have fun!
Old 06-13-2022, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by thebishman
Car looks awesome!

Since you’re setting the car up as a track weapon I would strongly recommend a true PPF and not a wrap. The car will take a pounding on track; it’s unavoidable and the PPF being much thicker than a simple wrap will provide far more paint; carbon fibre; plastic protection. Also, strongly consider getting the front windscreen protected also, even if it means replacing it every year; the protection not the windshield.

BTW: consider using one of the AP Racing brake fluids instead of the SRF as the dry boiling point is higher and iirc the fluid is cheaper. Remember you’ll need a minimum of 2 of the OEM shim kits in order to get a decent track alignment.

Have fun!
thanks ! yeah i went full PPF on last track car. i want to on this one but not sure i can if i do color change. my guy is saying he can’t do PPF on top of wrap. won’t stick long term. ☹️. other option for color change is painting the car then PPF but that’s getting really pricey. i kid of settled on doing full wrap. PPF on headlights and all back or carbon including roof, mirrors and wing. i figure the front clip will wear the most and if i have to replace it once a year it’s cheap. like to convince him to do PPF on front bumper at least …

i just wish this color showed off the lines of car like the darker greys do. i like the color but the grey just pops and looks meaner. more deserving for a car like this.

has track alignment already but still need to know specs. i already bought two shin kits to be doubly sure 👍
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (06-14-2022)