Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 03:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GTS
M-Engineering buys a C190 AMG-GTS - OBD Flashing at Home

Howdy MBWorld,

You may know our name from the world of Porsche and McLaren. M-Engineering is the tuning authority when it comes to the modern Porsche 911 platforms and all of the M838T and M840T McLaren iterations as well.
M-Engineering has been involved with a number of winning Porsches over the years on Pike's Peak and was even contracted by Porsche Motorsport North America for calibrations on the mountain. We are constantly involved in customer and shop builds for street and motorsport applications. M-Engineering also holds all of the stock ECU records for McLaren. We are OEM ECU engineers and calibrators that come from years of various background in the tuning industry. Our custom code is legendary on McLaren and Porsche and include cool things such as rolling anti-lag, boost by gear, high definition logging rates, and end-user flashability and logging, not to mention the ability to go back to stock in the comfort of your own garage in a matter of minutes for those pesky dealer visits.

Our main product is called M-Tuner, which is an OBD dongle interface that connects to your laptop. From there you can flash on your tune files, go back to stock, datalog, view and clear CEL's, and much more.

While we have been tuning Mercedes-Benz vehicles for a number of years now in the background, we are proud to announce our first shop-car purchase for R&D purposes. Just this month, M-Engineering acquired a pre-facelift AMG-GTS at our Phoenix office (our other office and official dyno facility is located in Pompano Beach, FL.). Over the coming weeks, we will be at the dyno, on the street, and deep in our code and calibration software to soon release an official Mercedes-Benz product. Information and product pricing will arrive in the coming weeks, but for now we'd like to show off a few pictures to share with you all! PS what wheels do you think we should buy??

-Charles@M

The following 3 users liked this post by M-Engineering:
AMG-GT-S-2016 (10-01-2022), Hetzle (10-04-2022), perasmu01 (10-01-2022)
Old 09-30-2022, 11:40 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 AMG GTR 2018 E63s 2015 c63s(sold)
Thats Awesome. Glad to see more tuners joining the GT platform! Cheers and welcome to Mbworld!
Old 10-01-2022, 07:51 AM

Received 216 Likes on 135 Posts
E55, 380SL, GLA 250 Sport, AMG GTS
"We" think the car looks good as it is and no need for new wheels to work on the ECU. Before you get to beefing up the ECU make sure the drive shaft recall is done to your car or you'll be up for a big surprise.
The following users liked this post:
AndrewFerg (10-01-2022)
Old 10-01-2022, 10:24 AM

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts
AMG GT C Edition 50
"rolling anti-lag, boost by gear" - that sounds pretty cool. Can you elaborate? Do you also map the throttle? I'm not a fan of that. My foot works well. Haha.
Old 10-03-2022, 10:55 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG GTS
Originally Posted by Djcrunchtime
Thats Awesome. Glad to see more tuners joining the GT platform! Cheers and welcome to Mbworld!
Thank you for the kind words!

Originally Posted by UCIMBZ
"We" think the car looks good as it is and no need for new wheels to work on the ECU. Before you get to beefing up the ECU make sure the drive shaft recall is done to your car or you'll be up for a big surprise.
Thanks for the heads up on that one, we bought a car with all the latest TSB's completed, but always great to double check.

Originally Posted by AndrewFerg
"rolling anti-lag, boost by gear" - that sounds pretty cool. Can you elaborate? Do you also map the throttle? I'm not a fan of that. My foot works well. Haha.
Specifically on our McLaren platform, we have written custom code that allows for the end user to activate rolling anti-lag which we created. This allows you to build boost and maintain vehicle speed so that you can launch the car during roll racing situations.
Here is a video on that:

Boost by gear is exactly how it sounds, our custom code allows us to target specific boost levels based upon what gear the car is in. This is particularly helpful in big turbo applications where too much boost in lower gears will interfere with traction control.

We prefer linear throttle mapping, where you pedal input % matches the throttle opening % and how most NA race applications feel. That said, sure, we can modify it, but we prefer an engaging driving experience.

-Charles@M

The following 2 users liked this post by M-Engineering:
Hetzle (10-04-2022), Orcbolg (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 11:52 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 AMG GTS
Interesting. You've gotten rolling anti lag functional on this platform? How does it work? IE hold button X on the steering column and rolling anti lag begins to build boost without accelerating? I've seen it on all ther big platforms (GTR, Viper, Mclaren, Huracan, etc).

That would be huge for roll racing these cars. I haven't seen this from the other big tuners yet (PTG, GAD, DME, Eurocharged, etc) which is something I wish I had with my larger turbos.

A video of a Merc AMG GT with this functioning would be awesome.
Old 10-03-2022, 12:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG GTS
Right now this function is only available on McLaren. However, depending on how the architecture of how this Mercedes ECU plays out, that can be a feature we can add at some point.

Different ECU's have different levels of control for different parts based on their configuration. For example, another cool feature for example is on the newer 992 Porsches, we can tell the exhaust valves (which are electronically activated) to open 100% of the way for the most volume effect, and this is all done from the ECU. From factory they keep them partially closed.

We are totally open to feedback and adding features to this platform, it just all depends on what kind of control we have and what the community would like to see.

-Charles@M
Stenzel-Germany (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 01:08 PM

Received 387 Likes on 248 Posts
Originally Posted by M-Engineering
... For example, another cool feature for example is on the newer 992 Porsches, we can tell the exhaust valves (which are electronically activated) to open 100% of the way for the most volume effect, and this is all done from the ECU. ...
FYI, people pay a non-trivial sum for exhaust-valve controllers on this platform. A search will yield multiple posts related to this topic. Including the equivalent (and maybe additional) capabilities in your software would provide an additional known $ value.
Old 10-04-2022, 01:16 PM

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
2016 AMG GT-S
Provided power & reliability are similar, Boost by gear would be enough for me to switch from my current tune to yours - it would allow 1st + 2nd gear WOT to be accessible again

Rolling anti-lag would be very nice too!
Orcbolg (10-04-2022)