Sponsored by:

Driver Seat, window switch, mirror switch malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2023, 02:02 PM

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts
2016 AMG GTS Edition 1
Driver Seat, window switch, mirror switch malfunction

On my 2016 AMG GTS, My driver-side seat, and window/mirrors have all malfunctioned at the same time. Nothing happens when you move the seat using the buttons or the memories. Same thing with the window switches they do not roll down the windows, and the mirrors won't adjust either.
I have not done anything to the car lately other than a wash and recently added new tires... any thoughts what could be going on?
In my troubleshooting, I did connect the trickle charger in case the battery was low, but that did not help.
Old 11-01-2023, 06:29 PM

Received 676 Likes on 358 Posts
2020 GTA; 2022 Audi e-tron GT, 2022 Ford F-150; 1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield 40/50 Playboy roadster
Fuses?
The following users liked this post:
lgarcia (11-02-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 972 Likes on 756 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Door Control Module or Can bus issue. Run diagnostics with STAR/Xentry. If CANBus, diagnostics will indicate if Hi or Low side. Trouble shoot. If not CANBus, you're going to have to probe for short or open on the power and ground wires.
FWIW, on my '99 E55 a failed driver side rear CANBus electronics module controlling the window motor was killing both of my front door control modules plus lower control panel. Sometimes only one, other times two, and sometimes all three. The entire time the rear window appeared to work fine. Was not until I started troubleshooting that I discovered the cause.
The following users liked this post:
lgarcia (11-02-2023)
Old 11-02-2023, 09:38 AM

2016 AMG GTS Edition 1
Thanks for the responses guys!
I will start by checking the fuses, and then move into deeper diagnostics.
Old 11-02-2023, 11:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GTC
I just had this happen on my 2018 GTC, except for the passenger side. Door controls, speaker, window, passenger seat, mirrors, adaptive cruise, etc - everything just **** the bed for one day. It's at the dealer right now getting fixed under warranty, but the cause was the door control unit as mentioned above. Mine was corroded somehow which caused a short circuit. Parts are at least a month out still (been waiting for 3 weeks already)... would start looking there first.
Old 11-02-2023, 03:43 PM

2016 AMG GTS Edition 1
Thanks for the responses, I went ahead and made an appointment at the dealer but it's not until the first week of December.
In the meantime, I will drive it as is...
After recently having the AC compressor changed, the recirculation cooling pump to the transmission changed, front sway links, all in the last 6 months....it is becoming frustrating
Old 04-06-2024, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 AMG GTC
Originally Posted by ash4390
I just had this happen on my 2018 GTC, except for the passenger side. Door controls, speaker, window, passenger seat, mirrors, adaptive cruise, etc - everything just **** the bed for one day. It's at the dealer right now getting fixed under warranty, but the cause was the door control unit as mentioned above. Mine was corroded somehow which caused a short circuit. Parts are at least a month out still (been waiting for 3 weeks already)... would start looking there first.

did you find out the reason it happened? And what needed to be changed exactly?
Old 04-08-2024, 01:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GTC
Originally Posted by ClutchArtisT
did you find out the reason it happened? And what needed to be changed exactly?
They changed the wiring harness and the door control module - said there was water damage to the control module (load of BS).

I took apart the old module and it looked fine (no corrosion or anything), but after replacing with a used one off eBay all the issues went away. I let the dealer replace everything anyways with new OEM parts after they arrived.