Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Detailing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2005 | 01:29 PM

Detailing

Guys

here some pic what I will doing next couple months..

Detailing car... I will open around Walnut Area California,

I need your support to open this business....

Let me know what your input.

here some sample what I'm doing with my engine bay......

guaranty not oily.. on the dressing.. is dry... but look fantastic...
Attached Thumbnails Detailing-engine.jpg   Detailing-engine1.jpg   Detailing-engine2.jpg  
Old 06-13-2005 | 01:30 PM

this car is 70,000 miles.... please let me know your input...

tks
steve

Last edited by sinyo1; 06-13-2005 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-13-2005 | 03:14 PM
Banned

Hello, i live in walnut area too. Where will u be opening this detailing place? Are you only doing engine bay detailing? I'll visit you if u do open the place
Old 06-13-2005 | 03:17 PM

i will open on the fairway drive... area. there. close by TWS.. if you know....

i will do complete detail that some sample what i do last week end... on my engine.. hehehe I see you soon... than.... please please stop by. when grand opening..

tks
steve
Old 06-13-2005 | 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by sinyo1
i will open on the fairway drive... area. there. close by TWS.. if you know....

i will do complete detail that some sample what i do last week end... on my engine.. hehehe I see you soon... than.... please please stop by. when grand opening..

tks
steve

steve i will be your guinea pig. lol. How much to do a full detail of the car. Ill drive there. Finally someone that will detail a c class with a passion. Let me know the price too !
Old 06-13-2005 | 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

bone stock E55 AMG
let me know when ur grand opening is
Old 06-13-2005 | 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kenzmbz
steve i will be your guinea pig. lol. How much to do a full detail of the car. Ill drive there. Finally someone that will detail a c class with a passion. Let me know the price too !
complete detail inside and out side i charge $90.00 (include polish machine and all the 5 step waxing... ) I will post how SHINE the paint...
for engine i will charge $30 extra... for MBKLASSE i can work on the price for DISCOUNT.... hehehhe

I open this for QUALITY DETAILING NOT like other Detailing carwash....

with passion and GOOD QULAITY.....

take about 2-3 hour one car....

I will keep update....

tks
steve

Trending Topics

Old 06-13-2005 | 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
complete detail inside and out side i charge $90.00 (include polish machine and all the 5 step waxing... ) I will post how SHINE the paint...
for engine i will charge $30 extra... for MBKLASSE i can work on the price for DISCOUNT.... hehehhe

I open this for QUALITY DETAILING NOT like other Detailing carwash....

with passion and GOOD QULAITY.....

take about 2-3 hour one car....

I will keep update....

tks
steve
Man , thats nice nice work...2 to 3 hours........whata you got ....the Keebler elves working for you ?
Old 06-13-2005 | 04:23 PM

03 E500
Guys

here some pic what I will doing next couple months..

Detailing car... I will open around Walnut Area California,

I need your support to open this business....

Let me know what your input.

here some sample what I'm doing with my engine bay......

guaranty not oily.. on the dressing.. is dry... but look fantastic...
Looks like good work you are doing. What do you use on engine details? I've been looking for a detailer for my engine and wheels, had been going to the dealer for the job.

PS. How much do you charge just for engine and wheels detailing?
Old 06-13-2005 | 04:30 PM

eh how much dealer charge you for detail the engine.... ?
I got the new product... come in.. this one of it...
this oily.. ... not like armor... after you apply is oily.... is quite dry.... i can say...

Stop by at my new space next months i will show you. hehehhehe..

but U need passion to do this.. kind.. if not.. will kill your electronic... stuff...

tks
steve
Old 06-13-2005 | 08:54 PM

03 E500
eh how much dealer charge you for detail the engine.... ?
I got the new product... come in.. this one of it...
this oily.. ... not like armor... after you apply is oily.... is quite dry.... i can say...

Stop by at my new space next months i will show you. hehehhehe..

but U need passion to do this.. kind.. if not.. will kill your electronic... stuff...

tks
steve
Dealer charge $120 for full details including engine. But I only let them do my engine and interior, since I zaino the car myself. Now if I go back to the dealer I will only let them do my engine and wheels since they use some type of greasy conditioner on the dash and seats it kinda gets all over my cloth. Now if do you zaino...I want the full package!

I know what you are saying with killing the electronics, that's why I hestiated on doing the engine myself.

What's your shops address?

Last edited by Dvinn; 06-13-2005 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-14-2005 | 12:18 PM

I will open at Fairway drive.. I still prepare the paper work for the building... soon i will give you the address... oh $120.00 is that at penskey....
soon I open will work on the price againt than... hehehhehee make sure my price is better and cheaper than everybody.. thanks man. for the info....
Old 06-15-2005 | 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz w124
do you do all cars? im willing to go there to get my engine done. ill pay you a lil to teach me because i have always been scared and i always want to clean my engine. its an 87 300e btw... good luck with your work. looking to hire anybody this summer? im a good hard worker and i already know a lot about paint care/cleaning/protection.
Old 06-20-2005 | 05:09 PM

here some update on the car....
Attached Thumbnails Detailing-picture-257.jpg   Detailing-picture-246.jpg   Detailing-picture-245.jpg   Detailing-picture-251.jpg  
Old 07-20-2005 | 04:07 AM

c240
it looks brand new!!!
Old 07-22-2005 | 07:36 PM

5 step waxing? Never heard of that even with years of professional detailing experience. Are you thinking of Compounding via machine followed by a good polymer/acrylic sealant topped with a Carnuba wax ? Please elaborate, also brands of detailing products does your shop use, or should I say is going to use? You said the product you used was oily, but dries some what dry? You should not be using anything solvent based near the engine compartment, #1 it is most of the products are flammable, #2 they have silicones (petroleum distillates) that can harm and brown the epdm rubber seals and belts used in the engine bay #3 they attract dust and grime. You should be using only water based, petroleum distillate free VOC complaint dressings under the hood.

The engine bay looks great, but it was most likely not at all bad before the detail. Most engine bays do not get greasy any more, just dusty. A simple rinse and spray of good APC with a mild aggregation of a brush and a solvent free dressing will make any modern engine bay look good.

As for you Zaino junkies out there, welcome to 2002, there is far better products out there then zaino.

Last edited by Mr.PS; 07-22-2005 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-22-2005 | 08:06 PM

U dont Belive on that 5 step.. GO head take a look the quality of the paint after pass that 5 step....

thats so far we do... different with other people....

everybody can do detailing or waxing the car by them self.. but every people hand is different.... thats my opinion...

so far my customer happy with our jobs.

thanks anyways for the comment..

tks
steve

Originally Posted by Fr0zen
5 step waxing? Never heard of that even with years of professional detailing experience. Are you thinking of Compounding via machine followed by a good polymer/acrylic sealant topped with a Carnuba wax ? Please elaborate, also brands of detailing products does your shop use, or should I say is going to use? You said the product you used was oily, but dries some what dry? You should not be using anything solvent based near the engine compartment, #1 it is most of the products are flammable, #2 they have silicones (petroleum distillates) that can harm and brown the epdm rubber seals and belts used in the engine bay #3 they attract dust and grime. You should be using only water based, petroleum distillate free VOC complaint dressings under the hood.

The engine bay looks great, but it was most likely not at all bad before the detail. Most engine bays do not get greasy any more, just dusty. A simple rinse and spray of good APC with a mild aggregation of a brush and a solvent free dressing will make any modern engine bay look good.

As for you Zaino junkies out there, welcome to 2002, there is far better products out there then zaino.
Old 07-22-2005 | 11:40 PM

I didn't say that I did not believe in the 5 step, I asked what is what, because I have never heard of it. You said a 5 step wax, what is a 5 step wax? Waxing is 1-2 steps at the most.

I asked if you ment a 5 step paint prep procedure. Such as claying, compounding via cutting pad, and then finial polishing with a finishing pad and mild polish followed by a paint sealent and carnuba wax.

Your shots of the paint in the shade could also be deceiving, take pictures in direct sunlight to reveal swirl marks if there are any.

Last edited by Mr.PS; 07-23-2005 at 02:32 AM.
Old 07-23-2005 | 02:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally Posted by Fr0zen
Haven't seen one yet.
Old 07-23-2005 | 02:32 AM

Menzerna FMJ, Platnium UPP, Poorboys EX-P.

Zaino is ok, but IMO those products are better, one that that bothers me about Zaino is there way of trying to sell products that hide/removal swirls, there just fillers, what a wayste. Why not just remove them ?