Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

First Time Zaino Polish + Pics !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 230K Coupé
First Time Zaino Polish + Pics !

Well I finally went through with it and dedicated the weekend to giving my car a couple of nice coats of Zaino. It didn't really remove too many of the swirl marks but it did cover them up very well. I did this by hand and soon i will be gettin PC Buffer, so maybe that will help remove the swirls a bit better. On the other hand the Gloss and Shine of the color is gorgeous, haven't seen my own car in this great condition for quiet a while. The Coat is super smooth and hopefully it'll last for sometime.
On another topic, can you use the Zaino Polishes with an Orbital Buffer? Because as soon as I receive the porter cable, i'm gonna work on my mom's white 325 . Anyways here are some pics.

First Time Zaino Polish + Pics !-hoodside.jpg
First Time Zaino Polish + Pics !-hoodside2.jpg
First Time Zaino Polish + Pics !-hood1.jpg
First Time Zaino Polish + Pics !-hoodcloseup.jpg
First Time Zaino Polish + Pics !-side3.jpg
First Time Zaino Polish + Pics !-side4.jpg
Old 06-13-2005, 07:43 PM

eww
Old 06-13-2005, 07:56 PM

1998 honda civic lx
Originally Posted by pimpitcharlie
eww
what are you talking about - it looks really good. nice shine.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:33 PM

2001 E320 (210.065), Brilliant Silver; 2002 Ducati ST-2, Arrest-me Red
Thumbs up

It looks GREAT, man. I've been a Four-Star fan myself for a long time and I keep wondering whether to try Zaino. Both are so much work, though...

Congrats!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:13 PM

03 E500
Originally Posted by r3v1ls
Well I finally went through with it and dedicated the weekend to giving my car a couple of nice coats of Zaino. It didn't really remove too many of the swirl marks but it did cover them up very well. I did this by hand and soon i will be gettin PC Buffer, so maybe that will help remove the swirls a bit better. On the other hand the Gloss and Shine of the color is gorgeous, haven't seen my own car in this great condition for quiet a while. The Coat is super smooth and hopefully it'll last for sometime.
On another topic, can you use the Zaino Polishes with an Orbital Buffer? Because as soon as I receive the porter cable, i'm gonna work on my mom's white 325 . Anyways here are some pics.
Nice detailing! I would not recommand using PC to buff zaino tho, as they are designed to be wiped off with a 100% cotton towel. To reduce swirls you got to use Z-5, but it only hides the swirls zaino doesn't make anything that will actually reduce it.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:28 PM

C 230K Coupé
I have heard that some people do use a PC with Zaino, and cause i'm getting one, how would u use it with zaino? Would you poor some zaino and instantly start buffing or would u let it haze up first?
Old 06-13-2005, 09:42 PM

03 E500
Originally Posted by r3v1ls
I have heard that some people do use a PC with Zaino, and cause i'm getting one, how would u use it with zaino? Would you poor some zaino and instantly start buffing or would u let it haze up first?
I have never used a PC before...if you are doing the 1st setp (starting to apply it) not wiping it off, you should start buffing right away.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
I've done both, for buffing if you're trying to get out swirls, especially on a dark car, get some 3M Polish (i can get the number later, but its specially formulated for dark cars, the polish itself is black). You can apply zaino with a buffer, but there's really no need to do so. I did it with a buffer the first time and did the second one by hand and it looked much better the second time with far fewer layers. Just use a microfiber cloth for application and you should be golden, or shiny black at least.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:58 PM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by Dvinn
To reduce swirls you got to use Z-5, but it only hides the swirls zaino doesn't make anything that will actually reduce it.
They do now, just this week, just got the email, Zaino has a new product Z-PC: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino
Old 06-19-2005, 01:24 AM

Airbus
That picture of the trees reflection is an advertisement in itself. What clarity! Send it in to Sal. He may put it in his gallery. Have been using Zaino since 98 and still 100% satisfied.Have always applied it by hand. This will be my 1st time using it on a dark color so looking forward to it after viewing your pictures.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Pics look great!

I also would not recommend using a PC with Zaino. There's really just no reason too. It goes on better by hand (remember, thin coat), and wipes off easily. If you want to use the PC at all, I would use it during the buffing step with a good quality cotton or microfiber pad. But to be honest, I think this would end up being more work then just buffing by hand. For me, this step is the same as towel drying the car.

Now if you want to remove swirl marks, then the PC is your friend for this.

btw: I too have a PC (and a black car ) and do not use it with Zaino.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Great job , be prepared to need more time when doing a white vehicle.I did my g/f's c230k and it took about an hour longer ( hard to see what area you just did ).