Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

I ZAINO'd my car today.....HOLY S!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2002, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S550 4Matic P3, Pano, Distronic, Sport
I ZAINO'd my car today.....HOLY S!!!!!!

I finally purchased Zaino wax system for my 2000 BLACK S500.

I've only done one coat of Z-5 (which removes all the swirl marks) and it is AMAZING!!!!

I can't wait to add a few more coats.
Old 06-29-2002, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Yes... Zaino is sweet ! Wait till you get 2 coats of Z2 on it !
Old 06-30-2002, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Be sure to use Z-6 between coats of Z-5 and/or Z-2. It adds a lot of depth to the shine.
Old 06-30-2002, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

2003 CL55 AMG
Originally posted by Lynn
Be sure to use Z-6 between coats of Z-5 and/or Z-2. It adds a lot of depth to the shine.

Yep... And Z-6 Smells so damn good....
Old 07-04-2002, 06:06 PM

A 2-Seater Roaster & A 4-Door AMG & 2008 S550
Question

Where can I buy Zaino products?

Are Zaino interior care products work well too?
Old 07-04-2002, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

2003 CL55 AMG
Originally posted by LAMAY123

Are Zaino interior care products work well too?
Zaino

Never have tried their interior products.... Only their exterior line.
Old 07-09-2002, 02:25 AM
Almost a Member!

C240
Originally posted by LAMAY123
Hey Lamay, I found a guy that sells Zaino products from his home in West L.A. Here's the link to his page. On there is his number. You can call him and setup an appointment to pick up the stuff. This is, of course, if you don't want to do mail order.

http://www.lazaino.com/
Old 07-09-2002, 03:18 PM

A 2-Seater Roaster & A 4-Door AMG & 2008 S550
Thanks.....you guys are the greates
Old 07-28-2002, 06:15 PM

How well does Z-5 remove swirl marks? I keep hearing that you really can't remove swirl marks by hand. So a couple of more questions:
1. Does Z-5 have fillers to just fill in the swirl marks for a period of time only for the swirl marks to come back again?
2. Is Z-5 abraisive, if so how abraisive is it?
3. Has anyone tried Meguiars Scratch X remover or their #9 2.0 Swirl remover, if so, how does Z-5 compare?

I would appreciate any responses.
Old 07-28-2002, 10:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Did you have to prep your car? How easy was to apply Zaino?
Old 07-28-2002, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by Blue Benz
How well does Z-5 remove swirl marks? I keep hearing that you really can't remove swirl marks by hand. So a couple of more questions:
1. Does Z-5 have fillers to just fill in the swirl marks for a period of time only for the swirl marks to come back again?
2. Is Z-5 abraisive, if so how abraisive is it?
3. Has anyone tried Meguiars Scratch X remover or their #9 2.0 Swirl remover, if so, how does Z-5 compare?

I would appreciate any responses.
this is quoting Zaino's website on Z5.
"FACT. The only way to remove, heavy swirl marks and scratches from a clear coated surface is to have the car professionally machine buffed with an abrasive compound. This should be the last resort, as factory clear coat is very thin and you can break thru it very easily. Also, most polishes and waxes contain abrasives, they remove some swirl marks but create new swirls. Kinda of catch-22. Z-5 is the first non-abrasive polish that will eliminate swirl marks, fine scratches and spidering, without hurting the integrity of the clear coat. It does this in stages, anywhere between 1 to 3 applications. This in itself is a major technological breakthrough. With each application of Z-5 polish, you will see the swirl marks and fine scratches gradually lessen, until the marks are no longer visible. Although this procedure may seem time consuming, the results are well worth it. This is the only way a swirl mark problem should be addressed and corrected"

with that said dont expect Z5 to fill swirls, it will fill very very very minor swirl marks with repeated applications, but dont expect miracles. all Zaino polishes are totally non-abrasive and can be layered with no side affects.
Old 07-28-2002, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by pocholin
Did you have to prep your car? How easy was to apply Zaino?
yes u do have to prep your car, the bare minimum prep i would do is wash your car with dawn, clay, then rewash with Z7 zaino car wash. Then dry your car and Z1 then Z5 then Z2 or use ZFX to eliminate the Z1 step.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by AlBoston

yes u do have to prep your car, the bare minimum prep i would do is wash your car with dawn, clay, then rewash with Z7 zaino car wash. Then dry your car and Z1 then Z5 then Z2 or use ZFX to eliminate the Z1 step.
Great answer, thanks.
Old 08-07-2002, 09:36 AM
JeT

Al,

Will washing the car with Dawn damage the clear coat in any way? I was told washing it with Dawn is probably one of the worst things you can do to a clearcoat besides running a screwdriver over it!
Old 08-07-2002, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by JeT
Al,

Will washing the car with Dawn damage the clear coat in any way? I was told washing it with Dawn is probably one of the worst things you can do to a clearcoat besides running a screwdriver over it!
nah thats a myth. If u use it weekly for a car wash, then i would worry. But I only use dawn to remove wax or polishing oils from the paint of my car. Dawn is used to prep a surface for a paint sealant like zaino, because there cant be any wax or grease on the paint or else zaino wont bond to the paint. for normal washes use Z7 Zaino wash on zainoed cars and i recommend meguiars gold class wash ($9.99 for a gallon @ target) for all other cars.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:03 AM

E55
Thumbs up

I Zaino's my car yesterday and it did not remove my swirl marks but I wasn't expecting to. My car is black (very swirly) and I probably going to have to follow Boston's sticky and use a moderate cut cleaner first (my porter cable should arrive today), before I continue the Zaino process.

I just wanted to post this, cause this thread is beginning to souud like an info comercial. LOL I don't want to get new people using Zaino expectations set to high.

I do have to say this though, Zaino is a great product!!! I especially liked when I sprayed the Z-6 after the Z-5, you can see the difference. Or at least on my black car. I am excited to use Z-2, but that is hold until I get rid of my swirl marks.

Only thing I dislike about Zaino is, that it is hard to get. There is only one dealer that I know of and it is a drive (in LA TRAFFIC) to get. I wish I could just go to my local pepboys and pick up what Zaino product I need.

Last edited by Wreck; 08-13-2002 at 11:06 AM.