Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Meguiars vs Zaino

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meguiars vs Zaino

I know a lot of people like Zaino. What do you guys think about Meguiars products? Is one proven to be better than the other, or is just personal preference?
Old 12-09-2001, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
i used to use meguiars before i moved over to zaino. i thought it was pretty good - nice shine - but it didn't last very long for me. i'd have to wax relatively often (every month.5 or so). i've been using zaino for only about a month now so i don't know how its going to last, but i hope it lasts, especially now that its getting cold and its not as convenient to put coats of wax on.
Old 12-09-2001, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
I have to agree with Young. I myself used to use Meguiars products. The result was good but the wax only lasted a couple of weeks before the carnuba wore off from exposure to sun, wind, rain, etc.

Zaino on the other hand give me a comprable to a better shine and lasts 4-6 months before the need to apply a new coat/layer.
Old 12-15-2001, 02:23 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 E320; 2005 CLK320; 2005 Corvette C6
I have used both products and swear by Zaino. It is easy put to on and easier to take off. Use the cleaner/lock first and then the polish. Also the spray enhancer is perfect for touch up's and a quick shine.
Old 12-15-2001, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I never used Zaino but I'm happy with Klasse and it's available at most MB dealers. I used Maguires because it's cheap but it's the worst wax I've ever used. It's very runny so it splatters and runs easily, specially if you use a power buffer (I like wax that's the consistancy of hand lotion), it last about a month or less and leaves too much dust when buffing it off. Most of their products are bad. I used their clay bar and it left clay smudge all over the car. I used their buffing pad and it was warped and vibrated too much. In general I stay away from all their products. They do have a cool burgandy truck they drive around Irvine so they're not all bad.
Old 12-15-2001, 07:38 PM
JohnN

I'll second that vote for Klasse - IMHO, cheaper and just as effective as Zaino, plus around longer and available in more places.

Also - if you still insist on putting carnauba on the car - you can do it on top of Klasse, to get more shine out of it! I'd go 2x a year Klasse, with a few waxings in between.
Old 01-05-2002, 02:26 AM
Ron
Almost a Member!

2001 CLK 320 convertible
Meguiar's

I use Meguiar's Professional Mirror Glaze paste wax on a black CLK320 convertible.

Black cars are a pain in the butt to keep clean anyway, so I don't really worry about how long it lasts and my weekends are too valuable to spend waxing a damn car that's going to get dirty 30 minutes after I start driving, so I try not to worry about it...
Old 01-05-2002, 12:58 PM

2002 C240 Classic - Orion Blue Beast!!
You can't compare the two. Zaino is in a league of it's own.