Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Need guidelines with products!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 03:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 MB E320 & 2010 Nissan Elgrand
Need guidelines with products!

Hi guys,

I am new in detailing my car and I need help from all detailing experts in this forum LOL..Until today,I have been waxing my car many times by hands and the results were negative..

I am getting my PC from a local store soon, but first, I need to know which from the following products I should start with and next..next..!

In the past,I have already bought(still have em): Poorboy's SSR 1, SSR 2.5 , Poorboy's EX sealant,Poorboy's Natty's paste wax , Menzerna Final Touch Glaze,Z-PC and I will get Z-6,Z-8 for quick detailing...plus Dawn and Zaino Clay bar..or should I just buy Z-2,Z-5 AND ZFX?and leave those poorboy's alone!

So,any suggestion which product I should start and finish with?! I would be glad if I could use all of them..Also,how many pads will I be needing for the PC?

Thanks in advance guys

NIck...
Old 07-21-2006, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by nibo83
...plus Dawn and Zaino Clay bar..or should I just buy Z-2,Z-5 AND ZFX?and leave those poorboy's alone!
Welcome Nick.In the detailing forum you'll find as many opinions on detailing as you will weight loss diets.I am a Zaino fan - so my opinion will be biased .Without knowing the condition of your paint here are my recommendations :
#1) Get the clay bar - Zaino's or if you want to go cheaper - Mother's makes a kit you can buy from Pep Boys.Mothers kit has a detailing spray so you don't use up your Z6.

#2) Buy the Z2,ZFX,Z5,and Z-PC ( buy this if you have scratches or spiderwebs.

#3) Buy the Z6 detailing spray to use in between coats of Z2 or Z5.

#4)If you buy the Z8 ($$$$) use it when for special occassions - ex. going on a date ,dinner,going to sign divorce papers etc.

#5) I just got my orbital yesterday - I have yet to try the Zaino products with it.I will use the orbital for apply the Z-PC only and for removing the Z2 & Z5.I apply both of those products by hand because the pads will aborb the product and cause you to use far more than you have to.

Please post some before and after pics of your work. Good Luck. !
Old 07-21-2006, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by C43AMG
Welcome Nick.In the detailing forum you'll find as many opinions on detailing as you will weight loss diets.I am a Zaino fan - so my opinion will be biased .Without knowing the condition of your paint here are my recommendations :
#1) Get the clay bar - Zaino's or if you want to go cheaper - Mother's makes a kit you can buy from Pep Boys.Mothers kit has a detailing spray so you don't use up your Z6.

#4)If you buy the Z8 ($$$$) use it when for special occassions - ex. going on a date ,dinner,going to sign divorce papers etc.

#5) I just got my orbital yesterday - I have yet to try the Zaino products with it.I will use the orbital for apply the Z-PC only and for removing the Z2 & Z5.I apply both of those products by hand because the pads will aborb the product and cause you to use far more than you have to.

LOL...I knew you would Zaino me up! coz I have been reading your posts too..

BTW,the condition of paint is actually a disaster.for example: light scratches everywhere and many swirls too..for deep scratches,I have some! My car is black and always wash it by hands!

I will take your recommendations as a back up I guess, I want to try to use up all the products that I already have..

Appreciate the info..
Old 07-21-2006, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Any recommendations by using my existing products?

Thanks..
Old 07-21-2006, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Any recommendations by using my existing products?

Thanks..
If you are happy with them...keep'em.If you're looking to upgrade......unload them.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BTW,the condition of paint is actually a disaster.for example: light scratches everywhere and many swirls too..for deep scratches,I have some! My car is black and always wash it by hands!
Wow , an 04' with trashed paint?Well , start with the Dawn car wash..then clay bar.....DAWN WASH..ZPC....Z5 (w/ZFX additive)....Z6.....Z2 (w/ZFX additive)....Z6...Z2(w/ZFX additive)
Old 07-23-2006, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have a question..

I have decided to just use my old products!

I will be applying of the following to my car: SSR 1-->SSR2.5-->Menzerna FTG--> PB- EX sealant--> Natty's paste wax.(Using a PC).

Also,I am thinking to buy some quick detailing products and I was thinking Z-6 and Z-8! Is it ok to use Zaino products after ,since I will use PBs and Menzerna to start with?

Nick...
Old 07-23-2006, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
I'm at a bit of a loss
You ask people for advice, disregard it, then come back asking for more advice from the same people from whom you ignored their advice previously?

EDJ
Old 07-24-2006, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe
I'm at a bit of a loss
You ask people for advice, disregard it, then come back asking for more advice from the same people from whom you ignored their advice previously?

EDJ
I was kind of asking for suggestions when I started this thread.The point was I already have all these stuff (SSRs and Mezerna FTG) for a long time and never really had a chance to apply them to my car.Then,C43 gave me some step by step advise using Zaino products and I appreciated that.

However,I have already decided to just use my old peoducts without spending more money for Zaino products that C43 suggested! and really when I posted my last post in this thread,I did not only ask C43's suggestions,but to everyone!

Maybe you can asnwer my question here
Old 07-24-2006, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow , an 04' with trashed paint?Well , start with the Dawn car wash..then clay bar.....DAWN WASH..ZPC....Z5 (w/ZFX additive)....Z6.....Z2 (w/ZFX additive)....Z6...Z2(w/ZFX additive)
Sorry for forgetting thanking you for your suggestion using Zaino!

...Thank you! and I really2 mean that,I would buy all the products that you suggested if I dont have all these SSRs already..

Nick...
Old 07-24-2006, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 W211 aka E-500
If you are hungry and malnourished (need paint work) but have a bag of cheese puffs, should you just eat them? What you really need is nutritious food (Zaino). Do you throw out the cheese puffs (other crap) to eat what you should? Afterall, the cheese puffs will not solve your problem, and will be wasted time and effort (in addition to the money already lost) and eventually you will either live with the problem, or go about solving it in a manner that will work.

EDJ
Old 07-24-2006, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe
If you are hungry and malnourished (need paint work) but have a bag of cheese puffs, should you just eat them? What you really need is nutritious food (Zaino). Do you throw out the cheese puffs (other crap) to eat what you should? Afterall, the cheese puffs will not solve your problem, and will be wasted time and effort (in addition to the money already lost) and eventually you will either live with the problem, or go about solving it in a manner that will work.

EDJ
Thanks for the speech LOL

I will try my 'crap' first and if it doesnt work,I will be buying the 'real' healthy food just like you (Diablooo) mentioned!

Nick..
Old 07-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Also,I am thinking to buy some quick detailing products and I was thinking Z-6 and Z-8! Is it ok to use Zaino products after ,since I will use PBs and Menzerna to start with?

Nick...
Zaino products are specially designed to be used together. Although the Z6 or Z8 might work as a quick detailer, I would avoid doing this and stick with a detailer that is made to be used with the products waxed your car with.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
I don't know about the Z-PC, but I have found that it is easier to remove the Z2/Z5 by hand rather than using my PC. The PC works, but you have to change covers at least 3 times (well, you should), and there is still quite a bit of hand work that needs to happen after. I have found that the PC really doesn't save me any time over doing it by hand.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by revstriker
I don't know about the Z-PC, but I have found that it is easier to remove the Z2/Z5 by hand rather than using my PC. The PC works, but you have to change covers at least 3 times (well, you should), and there is still quite a bit of hand work that needs to happen after. I have found that the PC really doesn't save me any time over doing it by hand.
Interesting.......I got the 3 microfiber bonnets with it to use in the removal process.I am not really concerned with the time aspect ,its the wear and tear on my shoulder that I am trying to limit.I figured the orbital would also heat the surface up and add gloss.What kind of results are you getting?
Old 07-24-2006, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5

#4 Had me rolling. I'm expecting to sign Divorce Papers this Fall. Gotta go in looking good. I'll probably go to Brooks Brothers and buy a new suit too. One that says "I'm doing better w/o you." Probably going to drive my X 1/9 though.

So, real Q, what would I expect to pay for the above products. I have an 02 Coupe. I do wax about 3 times a year, wash weekly, but the car has alot of little stone dings and chips in the front.

E
Old 07-24-2006, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
#4 Had me rolling. I'm expecting to sign Divorce Papers this Fall. Gotta go in looking good. I'll probably go to Brooks Brothers and buy a new suit too. One that says "I'm doing better w/o you." Probably going to drive my X 1/9 though.

So, real Q, what would I expect to pay for the above products. I have an 02 Coupe. I do wax about 3 times a year, wash weekly, but the car has alot of little stone dings and chips in the front.

E
About - $110.00 - $125.00 + shipping. I am fortunate eneough to live within driving distance of a place that has it on the shelf so I save on the shipping .
Click here :
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino

Old 07-24-2006, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
#4 Had me rolling. I'm expecting to sign Divorce Papers this Fall. Gotta go in looking good. I'll probably go to Brooks Brothers and buy a new suit too. One that says "I'm doing better w/o you." E
Old 07-24-2006, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 W211 aka E-500
Zaino, the proof is in the pudding (in this case the pictures)

EDJ

Old 07-24-2006, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by revstriker
Zaino products are specially designed to be used together. Although the Z6 or Z8 might work as a quick detailer, I would avoid doing this and stick with a detailer that is made to be used with the products waxed your car with.
OK,thanks..

I guess I will have to forget about Z-6 and Z-8 then LOL..
Old 07-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Interesting.......I got the 3 microfiber bonnets with it to use in the removal process.I am not really concerned with the time aspect ,its the wear and tear on my shoulder that I am trying to limit.I figured the orbital would also heat the surface up and add gloss.What kind of results are you getting?
The PC worked fine, and if it's a bad shoulder you're concerned about, this might be good for you. But I did find the pads would "gum up" as I worked through and I had to go through several bonnets. Then I had to go around and get all the places where the PC would not fit; around the door handles, under the mirrors, etc. In the end, I found that just working with a bath size towel was quicker and easier.

Not so sure about the "heating up" factor. The whole philosophy behind a random orbital buffer is that it does not heat up, at least not as much as a high speed buffer.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:23 PM

clk cabriolet
Do the Zaino products remove fine scratches on the newer ceramic clear coat paint on MB models from 2004 to present?
Old 09-07-2010, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Yes

but you might want to look at the line from Menzerna.
It's what they use in der homeland.
properautocare I think carries it.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Merzerna SIP and 85RD combo handle our ceramic clears just fine for me. Detailed Image, Detailer's Domain, Autogeek, Detailing.com, etc
Old 09-08-2010, 07:16 AM

clk cabriolet
Can Merzerna products be used by hand. I just want to do a small section on my Black CLK 350 Cab

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need guidelines with products!