Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

www.microfibertech.com???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
www.microfibertech.com???

i was looking at autopia.ws or whatever, and there were posts about www.microfibertech.com, they are very cheap, and a lot bigger towels from different places, has anyone used these towels? And are they any good? The waffle towel they have it 54x28!!, and only costs 15 bucks! And it says it holds 7 times its wheight

Last edited by AlBoston; 08-31-2002 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-31-2002, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
I fixed the link for ya, however I would be weary of ordering low cost microfiber towels. Some people have scratched and swirled their paint from cheap microfiber towels. Caveat Emptor!
Old 08-31-2002, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
i c, whats the best quality for the lowest prices, i need....a waffle towel, and mitts, i guess i can get 10 percent off of prop auto care? from autpia, did i read it right
Old 09-01-2002, 12:25 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S63 AMG / 2008 ML 350
I ordered from them - Service and delivery were prompt, orders were correct.

I got 10 elite and then ordered 10 more the day i got them. They are their plushest: http://www.microfibertech.com/eliteTowel.html. They are great. They are at least as good as plush ones I bought elsewhere at a higher price. Highly recommended.

Also got the cheaper blue ones for wheels and messy stuff. Satisfied with those, too.

Also bought the middle-of-the-road "Ultra" ones. Felt they were unsatisfactory. Not as plush as the Elite, and not worth extra price for messy jobs. Skip 'em and get elite unless you are price-conscious.

As for the waffle-weave, I'm not sure. Haven't really used them yet. Bought 3 large and really don't know what to compare them to.
Old 09-01-2002, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
well, i just ordered from them...

10 cheaper towels (w/ the free shipping)
10 elite 16x16 towels
1 waffle towel

--

2 things i learned from the autopia.ws site...

leaf blower drying technique
costco may have some cheap mf towels - good for wheels?

Last edited by young; 09-01-2002 at 01:06 AM.
Old 09-01-2002, 01:07 AM

E55
wow.. Good prices.. Im going to order some and see how they compare to other ones i have (viper and pinnical).

Last edited by Wreck; 09-01-2002 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-01-2002, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
AWESOME! Post your reviews of the towels guys! I would really appreciate it. I use Neatitems and Viper towels now. Would like to try some other ones.
Old 09-01-2002, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
cool, thanks for ordering them guys...yeah, i always buy the ones at price club...well i dont, my parents do, and saw the palsti cover, but they should be good for wheels, it is 100 cotton, but made in singapore
Old 09-01-2002, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Are there any good microfiber towels at walmart/kmart/sam's club? I really need to wash my car, but I don't want to wait for the mail order...any suggestions?
Old 09-01-2002, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
ppl said walmart, but they said they werent good, sam is just like price club, but smaller, so i wouldnt think so, but go on thier web site
Old 09-01-2002, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Damn Dude. Stop worrying over a few bucks and treat that E500 right! Better safe than sorry. You need to go all the way or not at all IMO. Otherwise you risk the ruining your paint.

Maybe you should just go the S100 route, it will be cheaper.

Last edited by JustinTRW; 09-01-2002 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-03-2002, 12:26 PM

2002 C240 Classic - Orion Blue Beast!!
Originally posted by AlBoston
AWESOME! Post your reviews of the towels guys! I would really appreciate it. I use Neatitems and Viper towels now. Would like to try some other ones.
Al, I'm a little surprised that you are aprehensive about microfibertech. Most people on autopia swear by him and pakshak. Their towels have at least 90,000 fibers per square inch. CMA's towels used to be the same, but they had to up the ante in order to justify the high cost of their towels. They now claim that their towels have 200,000 fibers per square inch.

Any reason why you are shying away from this guy? Let me know because I'm seriously considering getting some of his towels.

Thanks Al!
Old 09-03-2002, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I was under the impression that the big hitters on autopia were neatitems, yosteve, pakshak, and jt international. Microfibertech is relatively new to the board.
Old 09-03-2002, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by JustinTRW
I was under the impression that the big hitters on autopia were neatitems, yosteve, pakshak, and jt international. Microfibertech is relatively new to the board.
thats what i thought too, bmms8 saying microfibertech was the first i ever heard of it. btw is that the c-class u are having rust problems with dave?
Old 09-03-2002, 09:05 PM

2002 C240 Classic - Orion Blue Beast!!
Originally posted by AlBoston
thats what i thought too, bmms8 saying microfibertech was the first i ever heard of it. btw is that the c-class u are having rust problems with dave?
You and justin are right, microfibertech is new to the board. I confused him with JT. My mistake.

About the rust, it's not the benz, thank god. It's actually my bimmer. 1997 318i, boston green metallic paint. I just detailed it this weekend with my PC. It looks amazing. I FI II'd with a meguiars cutting pad, and I aio'd with a meguiars polishing pad. I then SG'd by hand. The car looks incredible. No swirls anymore. The Finesse It is amazing. A couple of more coats of SG and then a blitz topper. I just have to get the rust fixed.

Al, I'm having a hell of a time finding a good bodsyshop here. I'm so confused . I don't wanna trust my baby to anyone. So many bodyshops in Toronto suck royally!!! Finding a good one is like winning the lottery.

Anyways, we'll see what happens. I'll have to get fixed b4 winter hits here.

Take it easy.
Old 09-04-2002, 04:31 AM

Hello Everybody,

This is my first post to this forum. I am here because I want to answer some questions that have been dicussed in this thread!

Many of you are correct, Microfiber Tech is new to the internet and Autoipia, but we are not new to the world of microfiber, and the need for microfiber in the world of auto detailing. My associates and I have been selling microfiber since 1997, when microfiber was relatively new to the US.

Before I go too far, and make this respone an advertisement (it is not my intention to "SPAM" this list, just inform about our products) I want to let you all know that our Elite towel (like CMA) is composed of over 200,000 fibers per inch and the Ultra towel is composed of about 90,000 fibers per inch.

I also want to let you know that I too, although I dont know from first hand experince ( not that my experience would mean anything to you experienced auto detailers!!! ), have heard great things about PakShak's, YoSteve's, NeatItem's and JT International's towels. And based on all the discussion on autopia and this site, I think someone should initiate an objective comparison of all the microfiber players in the auto detailing industry.

I think that it would be good for you all to come together and nominate an objective and qualified party to test and report on the various microfiber towels from the various vendors. We at Microfiber Tech feel that our towels will stand up strong against the competition, and that is why we are willing to send out free samples of all of our items to the objective party that will hopefully complete this test.

Tell me what you think, and I will post a thread similar to this on Autopia .
Old 09-04-2002, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by MicrofiberTech
Hello Everybody,

This is my first post to this forum. I am here because I want to answer some questions that have been dicussed in this thread!

Many of you are correct, Microfiber Tech is new to the internet and Autoipia, but we are not new to the world of microfiber, and the need for microfiber in the world of auto detailing. My associates and I have been selling microfiber since 1997, when microfiber was relatively new to the US.

Before I go too far, and make this respone an advertisement (it is not my intention to "SPAM" this list, just inform about our products) I want to let you all know that our Elite towel (like CMA) is composed of over 200,000 fibers per inch and the Ultra towel is composed of about 90,000 fibers per inch.

I also want to let you know that I too, although I dont know from first hand experince ( not that my experience would mean anything to you experienced auto detailers!!! ), have heard great things about PakShak's, YoSteve's, NeatItem's and JT International's towels. And based on all the discussion on autopia and this site, I think someone should initiate an objective comparison of all the microfiber players in the auto detailing industry.

I think that it would be good for you all to come together and nominate an objective and qualified party to test and report on the various microfiber towels from the various vendors. We at Microfiber Tech feel that our towels will stand up strong against the competition, and that is why we are willing to send out free samples of all of our items to the objective party that will hopefully complete this test.

Tell me what you think, and I will post a thread similar to this on Autopia .
send me a PM, I currently use Neatitems and Viper towels(that CMA sells), I will conduct a test with your elite towels.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
Originally posted by MicrofiberTech
Hello Everybody,

blah blah blah...
i'll give my opinions after i get my order too. looking forward to them.
Old 09-05-2002, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
well, got them today! that's pretty speedy service

it's good that i got different colors b/c i can't really tell the difference by feel. but the elite towels are thicker ****.

of course, the first words out of eileen's mouth was, "did you buy MORE stuff for the car???"

"well, yeah..."

Last edited by young; 09-05-2002 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-05-2002, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by young
well, got them today! that's pretty speedy service

it's good that i got different colors b/c i can't really tell the difference by feel. but the elite towels are thicker ****.

of course, the first words out of eileen's mouth was, "did you buy MORE stuff for the car???"

"well, yeah..."
Maybe you should buy Eileen some microfiber towels.
Old 09-05-2002, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
i gave her 1 of the cheaper blue ones...
Old 09-11-2002, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Young,

Can you tell us about the quality of the highest price towel? If you have any other microfiber to compare to, that would be best.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
hi there,

well, that's the problem. i only have the ones i got from microfiber.com... so hard to compare to another brand or anything.

if anyone is going to the NE meet, i'll bring them over and we can compare.

--

btw, i will be detailing my car this saturday and will break them in.

Last edited by young; 09-12-2002 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-14-2002, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
young, did you get the waffle weave, 2,000 in one square inch is amazing, if you did get the waffle weave, are they better than the big blue towel?
Old 09-15-2002, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
Originally posted by bmms8
young, did you get the waffle weave, 2,000 in one square inch is amazing, if you did get the waffle weave, are they better than the big blue towel?
i did indeed get the waffle weave. it's pretty good. i was unable to acquire the big blue towel b/c they were sold out so i can't compare directly. i used the california water blade to get rid of most of the water, and then the waffle towel to pick up the last remnants of h2o.

i think the cheap blue towels are pretty decent. i used them to clean the glass. the more expensive elite towels are fluffier and thicker.

note that i had the expectation that these towels would wick the water like those faux chamois towels do. they don't. they're like my white cotton towels - just less mass.

i still used my big white towels for the zaino.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: www.microfibertech.com???