Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Recommendations for Detailers servicing Nassau County, NY?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C320 4Matic
Recommendations for Detailers servicing Nassau County, NY?

Does anyone have good experiences with any detailers servicing Nassau County, NY?
Old 05-29-2007, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
I live in Nassau County theres a buncha places in my town that does detail. I'm planning on takin my car to Finesse. I've heard they do a great job but not sure on there prices.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:03 PM

2003 C320 4Matic
Originally Posted by BlackLiquorish8
I live in Nassau County theres a buncha places in my town that does detail. I'm planning on takin my car to Finesse. I've heard they do a great job but not sure on there prices.
I used to take my care to Finesse about 8 years ago until Eric suddenly left the business to his partners to go to Arizona with his wife. Eric had the touch to restore / build up a finish on paint. During the initial transition, it was really junior stuff with the talent being gone.

Have they gotten better or has Eric returned?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:53 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 Audi RS6/2002 996TT
There is a guy by the name of Paolo that is mobile and he's in LI

I want to say his company is named Top Notch Detail...
Old 05-30-2007, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
Originally Posted by SOC320
I used to take my care to Finesse about 8 years ago until Eric suddenly left the business to his partners to go to Arizona with his wife. Eric had the touch to restore / build up a finish on paint. During the initial transition, it was really junior stuff with the talent being gone.

hmmm not sure havent gone there in awhile.... what about that place that is near Finesse called JMS??? do they do detailing??? i always see a lot of nice cars there. Just make sure you dont go to Mr. Suds i heard they suck when it comes to detailing. There car wash isnt bad though if you are feeling lazy.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:10 AM

2003 C320 4Matic
Originally Posted by BlackLiquorish8
hmmm not sure havent gone there in awhile.... what about that place that is near Finesse called JMS??? do they do detailing??? i always see a lot of nice cars there. Just make sure you dont go to Mr. Suds i heard they suck when it comes to detailing. There car wash isnt bad though if you are feeling lazy.
I saw Mr. Suds the other day and was thinking about stopping by to try them. Have you ever been to Beverly Hills Car Wash in Astoria? They do a good job for $15. How is Mr. Suds and what is the cost?
Old 05-31-2007, 12:12 AM

2003 C320 4Matic
Originally Posted by pyiu2
There is a guy by the name of Paolo that is mobile and he's in LI

I want to say his company is named Top Notch Detail...
Have you ever tried him?
Old 06-01-2007, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
i've tried mr. suds car wash they do a good job. i usually go there more in the winter b/c i cant do it myself. if you get the VIP it is 20 bucks flat after tax. not much swirls b/c it is mostly hand wash but ofcourse it is better to wash it yourself if you can. i just heard that they dont do a good job when it comes to detailing though but ya the car wash is good.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
i stopped by Sands Point Auto Body yesterday and asked bout there detailing. They charge $250 for inside, out, engine, etc i thought that this price was a bit high. I guess they do a great job though i dk if i want to pay 250 bucks for a detail though considering my car is in pretty good shape.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
i stopped by my "Rim" guy today and asked bout detailing b/c i never knew that he also detailed anyways he's gonna charge me $150 for everything inside, out, engine, etc. I think thats a pretty good deal. He is located on Northern Blvd. The shop is called Parts and Polish. I saw a CLK probably a 98 convertible today in the garage. So far he's spent 2 days on it and it hasnt been done yet. I guess the previous owner really didnt take care of it. He told me that the car was left with the top down for 2 weeks. There was rain, dirty, mud, bird droppings you name it inside the car. When i checked out the car the inside looked really good, the inside is grey. He was also doing lots of work on the outside also. I'm planning on bringing my car there soon. Along with having it detailed i might even put a 3M clear bra on so the front of the car wont chip and it will hide the rest of the chips that i already have. I will also have him pull out the dings/small dent that i have on my passenger side. I have around like 4 dings/dent from fckers dingin' my door on purpose. He told me it'll usually be $60 a panel which i dont think is that bad. Hope this helps.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:56 PM

2013 E-350 4matic
There is a guy in Queens who will come to you.

He did mine a few weeks ago and it came out very very good.
He charges 150.00 for everything and its worth it. See his flyer and give him a call. You wont be disappointed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Auto Spa flyer.pdf (285.3 KB, 202 views)

Last edited by DoubleA; 06-11-2007 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 RX330, 2008 Scion xB, 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, 2010 Toyot Prius v ATP
Originally Posted by SOC320

Do you know where in Arizona Eric went? And did he open a shop here? It's really beyond my meager capabilities to detail my own car (I can't even seem to wash it right) and with this being my first black car, the only thing I know for sure is don't take it to a mechanical wash unless I like swirlies and scratches. And broken stuff. And the smell of a sweaty car-wash guy who's been working in the sun all day, on my seats.

They should bottle that stuff and distribute it to the military. "You don't want anyone coming back to a bunker after you leave? Spray this in there when you go - NOBODY will stay for long! Ha!"
Old 06-14-2007, 08:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Detailer's Domain offers detailing services to NY, NJ, CT (tri-state) VG reputation with detailers / clients, I used them once while visiting NY/NJ offices 1st class work

Check out their work -
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=86325

Last edited by TOGWT; 06-14-2007 at 08:18 AM.