Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

What should I do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
What should I do?

As posted in previous threads by me, Penske washed my car and put a TON of swirls on to my brand new black C320. Do I have any recourse here? If I go to them and complained would they have to pay to have someone detail my car to remove the swirls for me?
Old 12-12-2002, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
Sorry

Sorry to hear about your car. I saw an 01 or 02 E at a light yesterday that was black and was flawless in the bright sunlight. I tried to ask how they did it, but it was a female driver, which means either she didn't know (her boyfriend/husband did it) and she wouldn't look over at me as I was frantically waving for her to roll down her window...prolly figured I was gonna give her a line.

OTOH, I do dig your Rosie the Robot avatar.

EDJ
Old 12-15-2002, 07:11 PM
NHW

Re: Sorry

Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe
Sorry to hear about your car. I saw an 01 or 02 E at a light yesterday that was black and was flawless in the bright sunlight. I tried to ask how they did it, but it was a female driver, which means either she didn't know (her boyfriend/husband did it) and she wouldn't look over at me as I was frantically waving for her to roll down her window...prolly figured I was gonna give her a line.

OTOH, I do dig your Rosie the Robot avatar.

EDJ
Give me a flippin' break. Just because she's female, she wouldn't know how or why it looked great?!?

Just today, I once again stood and coached my husband through a proper wash and dry. "No....back and forth, not circular".

In my house it is I who knows this stuff. If you got my attention on the road, I'd be able to tell you why my car looks so good. If my husband happened to be driving my car and you stopped and asked him, he wouldn't know!

Don't limit your opportunities to learn because of incorrect assumptions.

Nancy, who's no feminist by any stretch, but that post was just too much!

Last edited by NHW; 12-15-2002 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-17-2002, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Joe.....

I think you may have stepped in it a little:p

You might want to let it be

Ed
Old 12-17-2002, 07:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: What should I do?

Originally posted by oggle
As posted in previous threads by me, Penske washed my car and put a TON of swirls on to my brand new black C320. Do I have any recourse here? If I go to them and complained would they have to pay to have someone detail my car to remove the swirls for me?
when i get my car and someone did that to me i would go get all my friends with cars and load up all the cars with all my friends and well, pretty much go to the car wash "Penske" and just get out and cause public disturbence. Just block off all entrances with our cars and stuff.. confuse and mayhem everywhere. But then, thats me
Old 12-17-2002, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: What should I do?

Originally posted by oggle
I once got a 100 dollar check from a mercedes dealer for washing the car when i told them not to. It went from flawless to full of swirls just by washing it. They offered to detail it and i said hell no. Just raise a little hell, they should do something about it.
Old 12-18-2002, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 W211 aka E-500
Geez NWH

Geez NWH, I'm sorry. Perhaps it is because I lack the good fortune of having a woman like you in my daily life. Instead, the women I deal with daily pretty much want EVERTHING done for them as opposed to doing ANY of it themselves. But you didn't have to come at me like the defender of the gender. My statement did not single you out in an attempt to offend.

So, I stand by my words, but please realize I am spouting off from my narrow little frame of reference. I am sick of the politically correct trying to pressure me into only saying sensitive or politically approved opinions. I'm here as myself, my own person, not as the poster-boy for some cause or another, and I refuse to be bullied by the peer-pressure of others into not being myself, and therefore saying the things I think. How come no one jumps on the guys calling different cars, etc. "*ghey*???"

Plus, I'm playing the odds. I mean really, there are probably 2% of women that detail their own cars, and 2% of women who don't like jewelry. Kinda like there're probably 2% of guys that accessorize their outfits or don't like cars/sports/tools.

I bet if a true survey could be taken, there would only be about 120 active female members (I mean the contributing, actually posting or coming to the site regularly not the register one-time and disappear kind) registered at this site. That's about 2% of the 6,000+ members.

So, I'm sorry I offended you Nancy and it was not my attempt to do so, but I stand by my opinion and the right I have to speak it. I realize there are exceptions to nearly every rule, and you are obviously one of those exceptions. Good for you.

PS--I'd rather you would have PM'd me with your concerns regarding my post instead of lamasting me in this court of public opinion.

EDJ

Last edited by ElDiabloJoe; 12-18-2002 at 11:34 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 12-18-2002, 01:41 PM

I wonder what category MY wife would fall under. She doesn't detail her own car (black BMW), but she's about as **** as I am when it comes to how I DETAIL HER car. She doesn't like it if I ever cut corners. In other words, she knows what needs to be done to make maintain a showroom appearance to her car, but never does anything. She makes me do it!! She'll be bothered if I wax without glazing/polishing first, or use 80/20 MF's instead of 70/30 MF's, or procrastinate in Gummi Phledging her door/trunks seals...etc..etc. Me and my big mouth......brought her from detailing ignorance to paralyzingly aware of everything I do to her car.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:49 PM

Intermezzo is p-whipped

The term "trade-in" applies to more than just cars....
Old 12-18-2002, 01:56 PM

Re: Intermezzo is p-whipped

Originally posted by gobenz
The term "trade-in" applies to more than just cars....
LMFAO!

I don't even want to think what will happen if my wife sees this thread...
Old 12-18-2002, 02:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Geez NWH

kinda like there're probably 2% of guys that accessorize their outfits or don't like cars/sports/tools.
EDJ
i like cars/sports/ and tools and i love accessorizing! lol!
Old 12-18-2002, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 W211 aka E-500
Re: Re: Geez NWH

Originally posted by vraa
i like cars/sports/ and tools and i love accessorizing! lol!
Yeah but you're 14 and have time to learn better, lol! Besides, you're kind of an anomoly there Mr. Ambercrimbie

EDJ
Old 12-18-2002, 11:02 PM
NHW

Re: Geez NWH

Geez NWH, I'm sorry. Perhaps it is because I lack the good fortune of having a woman like you in my daily life. Instead, the women I deal with daily pretty much want EVERTHING done for them as opposed to doing ANY of it themselves. But you didn't have to come at me like the defender of the gender. My statement did not single you out in an attempt to offend.

So, I stand by my words, but please realize I am spouting off from my narrow little frame of reference. I am sick of the politically correct trying to pressure me into only saying sensitive or politically approved opinions. I'm here as myself, my own person, not as the poster-boy for some cause or another, and I refuse to be bullied by the peer-pressure of others into not being myself, and therefore saying the things I think. How come no one jumps on the guys calling different cars, etc. "*ghey*???"

Plus, I'm playing the odds. I mean really, there are probably 2% of women that detail their own cars, and 2% of women who don't like jewelry. Kinda like there're probably 2% of guys that accessorize their outfits or don't like cars/sports/tools.

I bet if a true survey could be taken, there would only be about 120 active female members (I mean the contributing, actually posting or coming to the site regularly not the register one-time and disappear kind) registered at this site. That's about 2% of the 6,000+ members.

So, I'm sorry I offended you Nancy and it was not my attempt to do so, but I stand by my opinion and the right I have to speak it. I realize there are exceptions to nearly every rule, and you are obviously one of those exceptions. Good for you.

PS--I'd rather you would have PM'd me with your concerns regarding my post instead of lamasting me in this court of public opinion.

EDJ
Where did I say I thought you were coming at me? I was not posting as "the defender of the gender". I was posting about ME and the suggestion was that I am not a freak of nature with detailing. To make such an assumption is without basis.

My post had nothing whatsoever to do with political correctness. You'd be hard-pressed to find a less PC person than I on the entire planet. As you yourself stated, your statement was based on your "narrow little frame of reference" yet you still stand by it. So just consider my post a public service to expand your frame of reference a little.

I do not understand why you think it's okay for you to state your opinion but only without response or disagreement. Of course you have the right to speak your opinion, but so have I the right to speak mine. And in the same forum in which the original statement was placed at that. I respond to a PM with a PM and a post with a post. Seems logical to me.

I did not lambast you. If you will re-read my post the only words that were even close to harsh was the line "give me a flippin' break". The remainder of the post was quite factual.

If you chose to dismiss an opinion and experience that do not agree with your own as political correctness, bullying, peer pressure or as a front for some other un-named cause, have at it. It's my own experience that taking different opinions on their face as just that, and then considering and weighing them will sometimes, just sometimes, result in a change in perspective and thinking even if it does not change my original opinion. I find one can learn a lot that way and quite like it.

But that's just me. You, of course, are entirely within your rights to remain your narrow little frame of reference. Far me it from me to challenge such a comfort level. And I will continue to engage in information exchange and (sometimes) vigorous debate with enquiring minds. That's were my comfort level lies.

Not everyone is up to it nor enjoys it. No problem on my end, so carry on as you please. Just please don't whimper about a disagreeing position when you do choose to post. And yes, yes, I know. It's your right to do that too.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 W211 aka E-500
Letting it drop

-edited-

Let's just agree to disagree.

EDJ
<Handshake hand extended>

Last edited by ElDiabloJoe; 12-19-2002 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-23-2002, 05:56 PM

2000 audq a6
im new to this board- BUT - I "gotta" say it

Red is easy!