Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

lexol use for c63 coupe leather

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
lexol use for c63 coupe leather

just curious about lexol, i've heard alot of great reviews about it so im considering on using it. i know leatherique is like one of the best brands out there, but my car (red AMG designo nappa leather - does this make a difference? i heard it is fully leather..) is still very new so im planning on using it may be later on.

anyone been using the lexol cleaner and conditioner? how is that working out, is it oily once you leave it to dry off? how does it help your leather? is it as good as what i hear? (i heard its better compared to meguiars and 10000000X better compared to armor-all)...

pics would help if its possible thanks
Old 02-02-2012, 06:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
“Perforated (Nappa) Leather; Cleaning and Care” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-d...ml#post1455017
Old 02-03-2012, 05:45 PM

2005 CLK500 cab, 2004 S600 designo mocha
I would definitely say 'no' to this.

I too have the napa leather in my Mercedes. I did not get good (or really any) results with testing Lexol in small areas. I got much better results with Leatherique. Expensive, but very worth it for me. You didn't pay $10k for Designo package to use $10 leather cleaner did you?
Old 02-07-2012, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
I like leatherique and Pinnacle leather conditioner. I've used them both on my perforated leather and they work great. Never tried lexol, and probably won't any time soon. The mentioned products are so much better IMHO.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:31 PM

'03 CLK 320 Coupe
Reality check: ...Just because a product is more expensive doesn't always make it better. Lexol is as good as anything on natural-finished leather. On coated leather (like in most cars), you need nothing more than a damp cloth and a mild cleaner, for maintaining it. Restoring damaged leather is another story. This is where something like Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil MIGHT help.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:31 PM

2005 CLK500 cab, 2004 S600 designo mocha
Originally Posted by ellcapitan
Reality check: ...Just because a product is more expensive doesn't always make it better. Lexol is as good as anything on natural-finished leather. On coated leather (like in most cars), you need nothing more than a damp cloth and a mild cleaner, for maintaining it. Restoring damaged leather is another story. This is where something like Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil MIGHT help.
You sound like quite the professional on leather. This thread is about nappa leather (not coated or mbtex).

My personal findings with Mercedes designo nappa leather: Lexol didn't give me much of any result, I still have the 99% full bottles in my garage. I thought about writing Lexol about my lack of results with their product, especially when it's 2x as much as most other store brands. Leatherique gave me a much better result, although the recommended cleaning process took about 2 days.

What have you found when using both Lexol and Leatherique or Pinnacle on your nappa ellcapitan ?
Old 02-27-2012, 09:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kia Sedona
on my old 2001 CL600, the napa leather was NOT coated. i used leatherique with great success. i even did the plastic wrap and steam it in hot sun and removed it the next day so more would absorb. the leather is still supple and beautiful today as compare to 10 yrs ago. my last treatment of leatherique was 5 yrs ago. still have a bunch of leatherique left. my newer S400, to my understanding, has coated leather. i did not use leatherique. i agree that warm water to clean is all you needed. lexol will make it shine a short period of time only since it's nothing but a top dressing. it wears off when you sit/rub it. it goes directly to your pants and shirts. it does nothing to condition your leather. my recommendation is to find out whether your leather is coated (my guess is yes) before you buy leatherique.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:46 PM

C350 Coupe
This is the best stuff you can use to Take care of your leather. Its the only stuff that Rolls Royce and Bentley recommend.

http://www.autogeek.net/connolly-leather-care.html
Old 02-27-2012, 09:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kia Sedona
Originally Posted by accce
This is the best stuff you can use to Take care of your leather. Its the only stuff that Rolls Royce and Bentley recommend.

http://www.autogeek.net/connolly-leather-care.html
i'm sure it's great but like i said before, if the leather is coated, you can't condition it. the treatment would be no different than plastic. the conditioner won't be able to get in because it's sealed. one can argue that it might because it's perforated but i doubt it. simple way to check is to apply some water on the leather, does it soak in/gets absorbed or does it stay on top like it would on plastic (of course do it on the non perforated part). even at the perforated parts, dab some water and observe the leather. does it darken like water is in the leather or does the water just drip down and through and not darken the leather.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:53 PM

C350 Coupe
have used this stuff for years and it does absorb into the leather. I like to put it on during a hot summer day. The cream soaks right in and I use a clean cloth diaper to buff the leather after.