Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Denver: Need black e55 wagon swirl marks removed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 Wagon-Audi-Land Rover
Denver: Need black e55 wagon swirl marks removed

Hi, Hope some one can help/recommend a good detail person local to me in denver. I have just purchased a one owner 74k mile black e55 wagon from TX. car has lots of swirls and looking for the car completely detailed on the out side. Not looking for the run of the mile 1 hr wash polish. Looking for someone who knows auto paint/detailing and the different levels in the process of restoring paint so as to bring "ALL" the original paint color back to life.

Thanks...
Old 03-31-2013, 09:39 PM

Hey.. Had lots of views bit no recommendations of a business in Denver area that can work on my E55 cars paint to restore the black shine.. Are the companies in Denver not reliable..? Looking for any feed back on recomindations..Thx
Old 04-10-2013, 10:16 PM

09 C300
Did you find anyone? you could do it your self I'm not sure where you want ur paint but you could buy the products and do ur self for a lot cheaper plus u get to keep them I'll can give some great diy links if u want but the biggest warning Ill give you it takes time
Old 04-15-2013, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Robbie k
Did you find anyone? you could do it your self I'm not sure where you want ur paint but you could buy the products and do ur self for a lot cheaper plus u get to keep them I'll can give some great diy links if u want but the biggest warning Ill give you it takes time
Actually the paint actually looks better than I was antisapating it to be after I collected the car. The pictures I seem of the car made it look worse than what it was.

I do however would love to know what products to use on the AMG leather and dash, including all external surfaces. Some DIY links/help would go a long way to help save some $$ and learn the correct method/ process for keeping in tip top shape...

Thanks
Old 04-15-2013, 07:54 PM

09 C300
For the inside I just use mothers stuff. I might be changing that, I did see a thread on not to use micro soft towels on MB leather its in the owners manual. It will fade it over time not sure how. Now for washing the car there is only one way to do the right way it might be a little extreme to some people.

Take the time to watch these very good info. He also has a how to for novices to machine polish
Old 04-15-2013, 08:12 PM

09 C300
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-interior.html
Old 05-06-2013, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
I have a buddy who does detailing for a living and has done work for me several times on all my vehicles. Let me know if interested.

Aaron
Old 05-06-2013, 11:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 C55, 1995 C36
As far as dealing with the exterior finish, your E55 could have come with PPG Ceramiclear paint (you didn't mention the year). If so, do some exploration here...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...s-careful.html

Cliff notes: If you do have the Ceramiclear, be very conservative with abrasive polishing compounds on the paint!