Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Detailing for lazy or busy people

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Detailing for lazy or busy people

I'm trying to wash wheels at least once or two in month, however the rest is questionable. Is there any technique, solutions keeping car good looking, but wash only once in 2-3 months? Weather conditions where I live very good, a bit too much sun only.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doesn't your dealer give you free car washes? I thought most do. Why do it yourself when they will do a nice job.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: Detailing for lazy or busy people

Originally posted by Dema
I'm trying to wash wheels at least once or two in month, however the rest is questionable. Is there any technique, solutions keeping car good looking, but wash only once in 2-3 months? Weather conditions where I live very good, a bit too much sun only.
you could use zaino, that keeps my car looking good for a while when conditions are good.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
First properly prepair finish surface and apply good protectant like Klasse. Use quick detail spray like Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl between washings.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Meguire has a wipe spray that you can use to spot clean your car. It's very useful for black cars. Make sure you use a 100% cotton towel when wiping though. Also, get a car duster if you garage your car but want to keep it show room condition without washing it every week.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Thanks guys, will try all recommendations.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 R350. '05 C230. '93 454SS Truck. '71 Chevelle SS.
I don't know about you guys but getting my car washed at the stealership sucks! They never have done a good job and always leave it with streaks and such. I know, I know, it's free so quit *****ing.... Anyways, I take it to the local wash now....

Trending Topics

Old 02-09-2004, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Originally posted by MBZ12
I don't know about you guys but getting my car washed at the stealership sucks! They never have done a good job and always leave it with streaks and such. I know, I know, it's free so quit *****ing.... Anyways, I take it to the local wash now....
what dealer gives free washes???!!! I get mine done at my dealer sometimes- they do an amazing job, but I have to pay $$$

Old 02-09-2004, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 R350. '05 C230. '93 454SS Truck. '71 Chevelle SS.
Wow....it might be a southern california thing??? Anyways, when I bought the car in '02 that was one of their selling points....free wash anytime, anyday... I took them up on it for about a year but have decided it's not worth it, even if free. I only take it there now if I'm in the area and absolutely need to have it cleaned up.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Originally posted by MBZ12
Wow....it might be a southern california thing??? Anyways, when I bought the car in '02 that was one of their selling points....free wash anytime, anyday... I took them up on it for about a year but have decided it's not worth it, even if free. I only take it there now if I'm in the area and absolutely need to have it cleaned up.
really??!! That is amazing...I would be all over that,,,I thought dealers used MB cleaning products and did a pretty professional job??.

Old 02-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Heh, I hope your kidding. Our dealers use a car wash.

There is only one way to wash a car, by hand, the mbworld.org / autopia.org way.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
my dealer has these guys that take your car into a little garage and hand wash it with mb cleaning products,,,they do an amazing job every time,,, way better than anything or anyone else I've paid to do it...they handwash and dry the car, clean the wheels, tire shine, do up the inside, the whole nine, but unfourtunately its not free nothing good ever is
Old 02-09-2004, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Free washes with car purchase....

Not that big a deal in So. Ca. because the weather is so mild. I quick detail mostly and rarely wash....even with black. If you have a good wax/polymer base down and keep it out of the sun as much as possible you can get away with it.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:05 PM

2004.5 C230K SS - Alabaster White
yea that's wierd...i always thought every mb car gets free car washes etc... just another reason why i wanted a benz..

anyways the car washes at my dealer are bomb ***. everything's clean even down to my rotors...you can see it gleaming! and not a single piece of lint can be seen in the interior (and i always have a lotta lint). i try to wash my car with the best quality and it seems to take me hours on end...but i guess those guys have experience and techniques because my car washes and interior detailing can never look better than theirs!

however, i hardly find myself takin my car there to get washed cause there's so many peeps with their cars gettin serviced/washed/etc... that it's a hassle to actually drive there. it's not exactly on my way home from work and it just seems more practical for me to wash my own car at home or spend money on a carwash to save an extra 20 minutes or so.