Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

leather cleaner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C240
leather cleaner

Does anyone have a good leather cleaner that I can use on my seats..... I cant seem to find one that works. I color of my leather is oyster
Old 02-19-2004, 06:06 PM

Lexol
Old 02-19-2004, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Re: leather cleaner

Originally posted by cashrydr
Does anyone have a good leather cleaner that I can use on my seats..... I cant seem to find one that works. I color of my leather is oyster
I Have Used Most all Leather Products and LEATHERIQUE is The BEST! Easy to use ...Great Results! Do a search on leatherique!

http://leatherique.com/
Old 02-19-2004, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E63, 2018 AMG GT Convertible
Gotta agree with using Lexol. I use their Cleaner and then their Conditioner. That's all I use. My current ride has Oyster interior also. Works like a charm. Frankly, I've had about 15 Mercedes and have tried almost everything on the various interiors. Lexol has been the best so far (but I am always looking).
Old 02-19-2004, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C320 (For Sale), 08 Audi TT
I definintely use Lexol. I've been using it for years. Some great stuff!
Old 02-19-2004, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
I have heard leatherique is the best stuff for real leather. You can do a search on this forum even and see what other members have to say.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 GLK250 BlueTec & 2009 ML320 BlueTec
Re: leather cleaner

Originally posted by cashrydr
www.griotsgarage.com
Old 02-19-2004, 09:20 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
I use Zymol's leather cleaner.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:37 AM

2006 E350 2003 ML350
While we are on the subject of leather......what makes a Benz smell so damn good? I'm starting to lose that new Benz smell and I must find a way to get it back!
Old 02-20-2004, 01:58 AM

02 C32
I've been using Lexol on my cars and have been happy with it.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 CLK430
i was a big fan of lexol too before i found leatherique....hands down the best stuff ive ever seen.....its a night and day difference before and after.....after i used leatherique the first time i swear my leather was softer, smoother, and healthier than the day i got the car. ill swear by the stuff, definitely worth every penny and more.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:02 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by Crash
While we are on the subject of leather......what makes a Benz smell so damn good? I'm starting to lose that new Benz smell and I must find a way to get it back!
too bad you can't...the smell is consist of new leather, plastic, glues, etc used in the car coming out of the factory.

hmm...wait, you CAN get the smell back by changing all the stuff mentioned above NEW again...
Old 02-20-2004, 08:04 PM

2003 C32
Originally posted by FrankW
too bad you can't...the smell is consist of new leather, plastic, glues, etc used in the car coming out of the factory.

hmm...wait, you CAN get the smell back by changing all the stuff mentioned above NEW again...
Mmmm..hydrocarbons.

Deadly, but delicious.
Old 02-21-2004, 04:21 PM

C32 AMG
Leatherique is FAR better than Lexol, though Lexol ain't so bad either.

If you've got the untreated Nappa leather I've HEARD that Hidefood made by Connelly (the Rolls Royce leather supplier) is really really good.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:43 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by 99ITR_SC
Leatherique is FAR better than Lexol, though Lexol ain't so bad either.

If you've got the untreated Nappa leather I've HEARD that Hidefood made by Connelly (the Rolls Royce leather supplier) is really really good.
you can probably get those from the Jaguar dealership as well. Connely also supply Jaguar with their leathers.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Crash
Try This ...It Works GREAT for the NEW Leather SMELL!http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog....1006&SKU=11142
Old 02-24-2004, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Toyota Tacoma & Lexus IS250
Re: Re: leather cleaner

Originally posted by MARK CUMMINS
I Have Used Most all Leather Products and LEATHERIQUE is The BEST! Easy to use ...Great Results! Do a search on leatherique!

http://leatherique.com/
leatherique didn't clean my ash seats at all...even with massive rubbing
Old 02-24-2004, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 GLK250 BlueTec & 2009 ML320 BlueTec
Re: Re: Re: leather cleaner

Originally posted by bagwell
Get leather cleaner from www.griotsgarage.com

Last edited by theine; 02-24-2004 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Re: Re: leather cleaner

Did You Use the Pristine Clean from Leatherique?

HOW TO REJUVENATE YOUR LEATHER INTERIOR AND ALL ITEMS CRAFTED OF FINE LEATHER

Rejuvenating your car interior or any item made with fine quality leather is an easy process. Please carefully read directions before beginning application. Use protective gloves and eyewear.

Step 1. Vacuum the surface of the upholstered piece or interior well or use a soft brush to remove large particles of dirt, paying particular attention to seams, folds, and cracks.

Step 2. Apply the Rejuvenator Oil liberally (about 4 oz. per seat) with your hands, massaging the oil well into all the surfaces and natural folds of the leather, this puts natural ingredients, not harsh cleaner, back into the leather and forces out dirt. You may also use a soft sea sponge, or a soft paint type brush. One of our Rolls Royce friends, Chuck Hull of Simi Valley, California suggests a spray bottle that can be purchased at your local home center. Also apply the Rejuvenator Oil liberally nearer the stitched areas as the conditioner will be able to migrate laterally well into the hide. Park the car in the sun with the windows rolled up to create a "steam room" for as long as practical, several hours or a day. In cooler weather, or for long-term storage in a garage, cover the seats with plastic wrap, and "warm" with a hair dryer. Or one of our Ferrari friends, Paul Hammer, suggests covering seats with large plastic garbage bags to be able to sit in the car and move it if necessary. (Allow the oil to be absorbed into the fibrous side of the leather before putting the top down in a convertible.) Direct sun is the worst enemy of any automobile interior or home upholstery. Do not place home or office leather upholstery in direct sun. For "cardboard hard" leather, several applications will be necessary. Patience will be rewarded with good results.

Step 3. After the ph correct proteins and collagens from the Rejuvenator Oil have permeated back into the pours and fibers of the leather, strengthening and nourishing them, the surface may be tacky, sticky, gritty, or have a white haze. This is simply the dirt, grime, air pollution, perspiration, salts and other toxins that have floated out of the leather to the surface. Apply Prestine Clean by hand or with a soft Terry Cloth towel and massage out the dirt. For tough dirt or vinyl convertible tops, brush the cleaner into the grain of the leather or vinyl with a soft bath brush or toothbrush. Let stand for a few minutes, usually by the time you are done with the next piece, and rinse the surface with a soft, damp Terry Towel. Rinse Towel or soft cloth in warm, clean water. Then, after all the dirt has been removed, gently buff to a luxurious finish with a clean, dry, Terry Towel or soft cloth. Your car or upholstered leather piece will appreciate the "face lift" and will have the new leather smell restored. Prestine Clean will not remove the conditioner permeated into the leather. This process may be used on vinyl areas to soften and condition. Even flexibility on rubber window trim can be maintained with Prestine Clean.

This product works great!...Even with Light Leather
Old 02-24-2004, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Toyota Tacoma & Lexus IS250
Re: Re: Re: Re: leather cleaner

Originally posted by MARK CUMMINS
Did You Use the Pristine Clean from Leatherique?

HOW TO REJUVENATE YOUR LEATHER INTERIOR AND ALL ITEMS CRAFTED OF FINE LEATHER

This product works great!...Even with Light Leather
Yes PRISTINE CLEAN....they are just dirty - don't need rejuvenating...the dirt on the leather just will not come clean.

how bout ZAINO BROS leather cleaner? anyone?
Old 02-24-2004, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: leather cleaner

Yes PRISTINE CLEAN....they are just dirty - don't need rejuvenating...the dirt on the leather just will not come clean.

how bout ZAINO BROS leather cleaner? anyone?
because you used it incorrectly. Rejuvenator oil is what deeply cleans the seats, it forces out the dirt (so they claim) and it does work! When wiping off the RO the next day my towels were filthy! yet the leather qas extremely soft and clean! Pristine clean is used for "maintaining" the leather.