Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

mr clean autodry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
mr clean autodry

disappointing. i just tried it on my e and my ml... both have streaks, and dirt marks.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C230K SS
Yes, I found the same thing too. I'm not sure if the residue is because of the shampoo that comes with it, or if it is a result of the filtered/deionized water stage.

In any case, I am no longer using the consumables, but am still using the hose attachment/gun. I filled the soap compartment with Dawn instead (I was prepping for Zaino), and simply skipped the filtered water stage, instead drying my car very gently with cotton towels.

Next time (when I am not stripping/prepping for Zaino), I'll probably use the gun again and fill it up with Z-7 shampoo. I still like the thing for the spray and soap, but I'm no longer going to use their soap, or their water filtering process.

Oh well, live and learn.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah, i guess i basically bought the kit for the sprayer...oh well.

question, the first step... the rinse...thats just reg. water right?
Old 10-06-2004, 01:48 AM

'05 C230K SS
Uh, yeah.

If you are paranoid, take out the Pur water filter cartridge. Then you can be absolutely sure the only two things that come out of it are water and soapy water.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hahaha thanks.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
~One mans opinion / observations~

If you want to use filtered hose without streaks etc try…

Water Filtration:
Use a filter unit to provide spot-free vehicle washing and/or to remove hard water chemicals (PW-SOF, Sodium) from your vehicle washing hose. Utilizing standard softener resin, with a life span of approx. 90 gallons (dependant on water hardness / chemical content) between regenerations, a standard filter cartridge (9.75-inch x 2.5-inch) is contained in a clear polyurethane filter housing (HF-2) allowing you to see when the filter requires changing, unit connections are standard ¾-inch hose fittings, complete with a filter wrench and mounting bracket. .

The filter resin (PW-SOF) can be regenerated indefinitely using readily available water softening salt. Place the used cartridge in a container with the water softening salt / water solution and soak for 12-hours or more. The salt will displace the calcium replacing it with sodium. With two filter cartridges you can use one while the other is in the regenerating solution. Filters available: chemicals (PW-SOF, Sodium) removes hard water chemicals (PW-CAL) neutralize the pH- (Calcite) and (KX-1) Chorine removal [http://www.pwgazette.com/gardenhosefilters

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon
Old 10-07-2004, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
they have a 1 year satisfaction guarantee. Im going to use mine for that year, and then return it.

I dont use it on my car though, I use it for my LX470 thats a PITA to dry
Old 10-07-2004, 02:49 PM
MTI
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'85 190E 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
Mr. Clean Autodry worked for me. The soap is a bit wimpy, but it does air dry without streaks or film. I would strongly suggest that the washing be done in complete shade and that the car be washed and rinsed in sections to avoid any chance of drying of the soap film.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
it worked for me too, and i did find also that shade helps a whole bunch. try it in the early evening time.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Originally Posted by TOGWT
~One mans opinion / observations~

If you want to use filtered hose without streaks etc try…

Water Filtration:
Use a filter unit to provide spot-free vehicle washing and/or to remove hard water chemicals (PW-SOF, Sodium) from your vehicle washing hose. Utilizing standard softener resin, with a life span of approx. 90 gallons (dependant on water hardness / chemical content) between regenerations, a standard filter cartridge (9.75-inch x 2.5-inch) is contained in a clear polyurethane filter housing (HF-2) allowing you to see when the filter requires changing, unit connections are standard ¾-inch hose fittings, complete with a filter wrench and mounting bracket. .

The filter resin (PW-SOF) can be regenerated indefinitely using readily available water softening salt. Place the used cartridge in a container with the water softening salt / water solution and soak for 12-hours or more. The salt will displace the calcium replacing it with sodium. With two filter cartridges you can use one while the other is in the regenerating solution. Filters available: chemicals (PW-SOF, Sodium) removes hard water chemicals (PW-CAL) neutralize the pH- (Calcite) and (KX-1) Chorine removal [http://www.pwgazette.com/gardenhosefilters

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

english, please??!!

anyway, I have the autodry also and it works very well; maybe you have your filter in backwards??!!
Old 10-07-2004, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thanks fellas... i did it in the shade... and one section at a time... and my filter is in right (just checked). I guess i'll give it another shot this weekend/.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
[QUOTE=moa4r]english, please??!!

I'm an Englishman born and raised in England with a fairly good knowledge of my native touge, what 'english' do you not understand