E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Test drove a E350 Cab, Air cap is excellent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 10:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Test drove a E350 Cab, Air cap is excellent

I finally got a chance to test drive a E350 CaB top up and down

Top up the cab is very quiet even at highway speeds.

I then had the top down, windows up and air cap on. I tried the car with air cap on and off. This feature is very clever and u can right away feel the difference. With Air cap on , there is no wind hitting drivers face , neck etc and turbulence is virtually eliminated inside the car.

This is the first cab I tried that gives you top down motoring without any wind hitting you and if u like a little wind you can retract the air cap. The neck scarf/neck warmers are very effective and the warm air is soothing.

The E350 is a cruiser with decent handling and very good ride and excellent build quality. It is not a sports car like a SLK or a boxster but a refined car that gives you top down driving with zero wind drafts
Old 06-09-2010, 11:05 AM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
19 E53 AMG Cab, 21 Land Rover Defender 110S, 20 LR Discovery HSE, 23 Ford Bronco 2dr 7spd Manual
I came from brand "B" and always had the sport package, but I can say that my 550 Cab with the AMG sport package, advanced agility suspension and summer rubber tires that this handles very similarly.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-Class
Originally Posted by Pennetta
I came from brand "B" and always had the sport package, but I can say that my 550 Cab with the AMG sport package, advanced agility suspension and summer rubber tires that this handles very similarly.
The 550 cab in the USA is not using "Advanced Agility Suspension" according to MBUSA.Com web page but is using "Dynamic Handling Suspension". The 350 cab in the USA has standard "Agility Suspension".

Their is no AMG Sport package in the USA and appearance package in the USA for 550 only adds AMG wheels, AMG steering wheel, brushed metal petals and contour seats unlike the appearance package for the 350 which adds "Sports tuned Agility Suspension".

Not sure how much difference their is between the 3 suspensions.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:26 PM

19 E53 AMG Cab, 21 Land Rover Defender 110S, 20 LR Discovery HSE, 23 Ford Bronco 2dr 7spd Manual
Originally Posted by cyberjak
The 550 cab in the USA is not using "Advanced Agility Suspension" according to MBUSA.Com web page but is using "Dynamic Handling Suspension". The 350 cab in the USA has standard "Agility Suspension".

Their is no AMG Sport package in the USA and appearance package in the USA for 550 only adds AMG wheels, AMG steering wheel, brushed metal petals and contour seats unlike the appearance package for the 350 which adds "Sports tuned Agility Suspension".

Not sure how much difference their is between the 3 suspensions.
That's a difference with the Launch Edition, I also get summer high performance tires instead of all season performance tires in addition to the Advanced Agility Package. The AMG package is different too and is defined in the Launch Edition special equipment. I'm on my iPad so I can't go to the MB website but does the normal AMG package have the six spoke titanium colored wheels?

Last edited by Pennetta; 06-09-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:06 PM

E-Class
That's a difference with the Launch Edition, I also get summer high performance tires instead of all season performance tires in addition to the Advanced Agility Package. The AMG package is different too and is defined in the Launch Edition special equipment. I'm on my iPad so I can't go to the MB website but does the normal AMG package have the six spoke titanium colored wheels?
Their is no "AMG package" in the USA. Their is only an "appearance package", every 550 in the USA comes standard with AMG body kit vs the 350 do not have the AMG body kit nor is their a way to get that option added.

Yes the wheels that come with launch edition are the same wheels that are in the "appearance package".

I noticed why you are confused, look at MSRP sticker code 483 is listed as "Advanced Agility Package" but if you have access to NaviStar and look up code 483 it is listed as "Dynamic Handling Suspension" and on MBUSA it also states 550 uses Dynamic Handling Suspension vs 350 uses agility control package.

I can post a scan of an MSRP sticker for both 550 launch and a normally equipped 550 with p2, appearance, wood trim, mbrace, rear deck spoiler, and rear side air bags. You will see both will have the same codes expect for color codes and launch edition will 1 extra line "16P Launch Vehicle". Both cars will have R01 tire codes on the MSRP sticker.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:41 PM

Their is no "AMG package" in the USA. Their is only an "appearance package", every 550 in the USA comes standard with AMG body kit vs the 350 do not have the AMG body kit nor is their a way to get that option added.

Yes the wheels that come with launch edition are the same wheels that are in the "appearance package".

I noticed why you are confused, look at MSRP sticker code 483 is listed as "Advanced Agility Package" but if you have access to NaviStar and look up code 483 it is listed as "Dynamic Handling Suspension" and on MBUSA it also states 550 uses Dynamic Handling Suspension vs 350 uses agility control package.

I can post a scan of an MSRP sticker for both 550 launch and a normally equipped 550 with p2, appearance, wood trim, mbrace, rear deck spoiler, and rear side air bags. You will see both will have the same codes expect for color codes and launch edition will 1 extra line "16P Launch Vehicle". Both cars will have R01 tire codes on the MSRP sticker.
Yes, my order printout says something different than my window sticker concerning the suspension and AMG package. I don't have access to Navistar, but anyway the car handles great in the turns!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:16 AM

E-Class

Yes, my order printout says something different than my window sticker concerning the suspension and AMG package. I don't have access to Navistar, but anyway the car handles great in the turns!
Are you talking about "772 Sport Bodystyling" that is the AMG body kit which includes front and back apron and side skirts, or are you talking about "950 : Sportline Package" which are stainless steel pedals included in the appearance package which is included on the launch and can be ordered on regular 550.

The only thing that can not be ordered is the color of the launch edition as that color is not in the order guide or available as an option in Navistar. The two tone interior is a special order item but can be added to any car.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:51 AM

Are you talking about "772 Sport Bodystyling" that is the AMG body kit which includes front and back apron and side skirts, or are you talking about "950 : Sportline Package" which are stainless steel pedals included in the appearance package which is included on the launch and can be ordered on regular 550.

The only thing that can not be ordered is the color of the launch edition as that color is not in the order guide or available as an option in Navistar. The two tone interior is a special order item but can be added to any car.
Are you in the US? Your sig doesnt say. Mine doesn't have stainless steel pedals as you say it does, cars from different countries can have different equipment. I was also told that you can't order the two tone interior in the US on any car as you have stated, it's only on the Launch. If my sticker says "advanced agility package" I do think I have that, not sure what your putting the code into that says different. And i really dont know which one is better, the agility or the dynamic, or if they are the same. But it really doesn't matter, I'm loving the car and whatever suspension that I have handles really great.

Last edited by Pennetta; 06-10-2010 at 06:01 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:02 AM

E-Class
Yes I am in the USA, I just looked at the car on the showroom floor, I am sorry you were correct about the stainless steel pedals, so I looked carefully at the MSRP sticker and noticed the launch edition also does not have appearance package listed. It has a same wheels and contour seats which are included in the appearance package ala cart. I assumed because it had those 2 items from the appearance package which also adds stainless steel pedals and AMG steering wheel if no wood wheel was ordered it had the pedals and full appearance package.

Here is a dealer who listed all the options form Navistar, which are the same options I see in my Navistar.

http://www.BenzBlogger.com/labels/e-...lass-cabriolet

Scroll down 1/2 down the page and that salesman posted all the options available in Navistar.

Interior Colors:
Black Leather
Black Premium Leather
Almond/Mocha Leather
Almond/Mocha Premium Leather
Ash/Dark Grey Leather
Ash/Dark Grey Premium Leather

1 thing I did notice is launch edition cars do have stainless steel instrument cluster and a black roof liner vs normal cars has black instrument clusters grey roof liner even tho they are no code difference on the MSRP sticker for that option.

Last edited by cyberjak; 06-10-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:09 PM

Nothing... yet
Interesting.
I drove the 550 Cab and was very underwhelmed by Aircap. I really did not notice much of a difference. Maybe it makes a big difference to the back seat passengers but in the driver's seat, I just did not get it.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:20 PM

CLK Cab
1 thing I did notice is launch edition cars do have stainless steel instrument cluster and a black roof liner vs normal cars has black instrument clusters grey roof liner even tho they are no code difference on the MSRP sticker for that option.
I know I am going to get **** from some people for correcting you but I have a black/black E550 cab which I special ordered back in Feb, I have stainless steel instrument cluster and black roof liner and black A pillar. You have to special order "Avantgarde" trim in the USA as all cars in the USA by default are "Elegance" trim.

MBUSA thinks all buyers in the USA want a more luxuries finish which is why by default all Coupes and Cabs destined to the USA are "Elegance" trim. The special order charge for "Avantgarde" Trim is $250 and the Appearance package is required in order to select "Avantgarde" trim.

If you do not believe I can post pics of my Cab to prove I have "Avantgarde" trim in the USA.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 53 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
Originally Posted by mcdohl
I know I am going to get **** from some people for correcting you but I have a black/black E550 cab which I special ordered back in Feb, I have stainless steel instrument cluster and black roof liner and black A pillar. You have to special order "Avantgarde" trim in the USA as all cars in the USA by default are "Elegance" trim.

MBUSA thinks all buyers in the USA want a more luxuries finish which is why by default all Coupes and Cabs destined to the USA are "Elegance" trim. The special order charge for "Avantgarde" Trim is $250 and the Appearance package is required in order to select "Avantgarde" trim.

If you do not believe I can post pics of my Cab to prove I have "Avantgarde" trim in the USA.
I believe you, but I'd like to see pictures anyways. I'd be curious to see the differences. Care to share?
Old 06-19-2010, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Still waiting for pics
Old 06-20-2010, 10:09 AM

Yes I am in the USA, I just looked at the car on the showroom floor, I am sorry you were correct about the stainless steel pedals, so I looked carefully at the MSRP sticker and noticed the launch edition also does not have appearance package listed. It has a same wheels and contour seats which are included in the appearance package ala cart.
The cars here in East coast have 5 spoke AMG wheels as part of a package or the standard mono block 5 spoke wheels. My friend just picked up a black/tan/tan 550 cab. The Launch has 6 spoke AMG wheels and I'm told that they are not available on non launch edition cars.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:28 PM

CLK Cab
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
I believe you, but I'd like to see pictures anyways. I'd be curious to see the differences. Care to share?
Here are some quick pics of Advantgarde E550 Cab in the US, that I special order back in Feb, sorry the quality is not the best as I shot them with my Cell phone in the parking lot of my office, I been out of town for the last week on business and just got home last night and been busy as hell catching up at work.

If you need better pics, pics not as zoomed in on the main difference just let me know, I can take some out door pics when I have time later on in the week and post them.

I took a pic of the A pillar showing it in black, instrument panel showing it is brushed aluminum, rear view mirror showing it is black and of coarse the roof liner which is black as well.

On normal spec US cars the A Pillar is grey, the instrument panel is black, the rear view mirror is gray and the roof liner is gray.

If you special order a car similar to mine make sure you tell your dealer you want black roof liner as my dealer claimed when I ordered my car back in February in Navistar it gave him the option to specify the roof liner. If you select the black roof liner that will switch your car over to an Advantgarde trim package from Elegance trim package.
Attached Thumbnails Test drove a E350 Cab, Air cap is excellent-a_pillar.jpg   Test drove a E350 Cab, Air cap is excellent-instrument_cluster.jpg   Test drove a E350 Cab, Air cap is excellent-mirror.jpg   Test drove a E350 Cab, Air cap is excellent-roof_liner.jpg