E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

planing on picking up a e class within a week but need advice from mb professionals!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 04:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e350
planing on picking up a e class within a week but need advice from mb professionals!

My dealer told me that they are going to have a 2012 E350 Amg package with Package2 black on red coming in next week, this is my first car so i want to make sure i dont make any mistakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT35n...eature=related

I want my car to look pretty much EXACTLY(body shape&appearance) like that but i know that one is a 550 so it has different exhuast and the Led lights are going to be different. The question i have is will the E350 with AMG package going to look exactly like that OTHER than the exhaust?

Hope you eclass professionals can help me out on this i been looking through lots of pictures on googles but i still cant seem to figue out. the 550 seems to look more agressive than the 350 but the salesman told me IS EXACTLY THE SAME OTHER THAN the exhaust

THanks for your help
Old 09-09-2011, 07:29 AM

2018 S63 Sedan and 2012 E350 Cabriolet
I picked up E350 Cab in red (with Appearance Package). Please see the post below:

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-c...-delivery.html

Hope this helps!!
Old 09-09-2011, 12:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
B8.5 Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Coupe
I don't think you'll get the AMG bumpers and sideskirts with a 350, just the normal bumpers and the straight-bar LEDs like on ahmadkshuja's beautiful new car, not the hockey stick shaped ones like on mine.
Attached Thumbnails planing on picking up a e class within a week but need advice from mb professionals!-7t4g2798_657x491.jpg   planing on picking up a e class within a week but need advice from mb professionals!-mercedes_e-class_fd-019.jpg  
Old 09-09-2011, 03:23 PM

e350
Originally Posted by ahmadkshuja
I picked up E350 Cab in red (with Appearance Package). Please see the post below:

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-c...-delivery.html

Hope this helps!!

Woww congrats on your new car hopefully i can figue out my situation and get mine soon ! ty
Old 09-09-2011, 03:25 PM

e350
Originally Posted by Dr-Nab
I don't think you'll get the AMG bumpers and sideskirts with a 350, just the normal bumpers and the straight-bar LEDs like on ahmadkshuja's beautiful new car, not the hockey stick shaped ones like on mine.

Even if i get the AMG package on the 350 i wouldnt get those bumpers and sideskirts right? is there such thing as E550 amg? like the one in the video because i dont see that option on mb official website?
Old 09-09-2011, 03:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by karamatheson555
My dealer told me that they are going to have a 2012 E350 Amg package with Package2 black on red coming in next week, this is my first car so i want to make sure i dont make any mistakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT35n...eature=related

I want my car to look pretty much EXACTLY(body shape&appearance) like that but i know that one is a 550 so it has different exhuast and the Led lights are going to be different. The question i have is will the E350 with AMG package going to look exactly like that OTHER than the exhaust?

Hope you eclass professionals can help me out on this i been looking through lots of pictures on googles but i still cant seem to figue out. the 550 seems to look more agressive than the 350 but the salesman told me IS EXACTLY THE SAME OTHER THAN the exhaust

THanks for your help
First and foremost - where do you live? If you are not taking delivery of a U.S. model in the U.S.A., disregard everything I say below.

Now, the trim package shown in the video is NOT a genuine AMG package, at least not as it is configured for U.S. delivery.

There is no AMG package available for the 2012 E350 model. You CAN order various Mercedes Benz accessory pieces of trim that change the appearance of the E350 lower body somewhat, but they are not the same as the AMG trim package that is ONLY available on the E550 models. You should go to the mbusa.com website and look at the E350 Coupe > Build Your Own > Accessories > Exterior Appearance for the options. Unfortunately, at the moment you can't configure an E550 on the website to see how much nicer the real AMG trim looks IMO.

Frankly, I don't care for the accessory trim pieces compared to the much nicer AMG package on the E550's, and I didn't bother with them, choosing instead to go with the black paint which tends to minimize the less sporty standard E350 lower bodywork (and I thought black was perfect with the red leather).

Also, the "hockey stick" DRL's are no longer available on any MB vehicle, including the 2012 E350. They are all straightline now. Please see mine here: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-c...red-black.html

I suppose if you wished to go to the time and expenses, you could have a custom body shop install the genuine AMG lower body and bumpers trim. I'm no expert, but I would think they would fit.

Having said all this, I'm thinking what your dealer is referring to may be the E350 "Appearance Package," which I also have. It does include very nice, high quality AMG 18" wheels, a stiffer sport suspension and some other AMG items. You can see this package at mbusa also. But, it DOES NOT include any AMG body work. Again, the AMG body work is reserved for the E550 model only! Hope this helps you.

Last edited by BenzMan369; 09-09-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:36 PM

e350
Originally Posted by BenzMan369
First and foremost - where do you live? If you are not taking delivery of a U.S. model in the U.S.A., disregard everything I say below.

Now, the trim package shown in the video is NOT a genuine AMG package, at least not as it is configured for U.S. delivery.

There is no AMG package available for the 2012 E350 model. You CAN order various Mercedes Benz accessory pieces of trim that change the appearance of the E350 lower body somewhat, but they are not the same as the AMG trim package that is ONLY available on the E550 models. You should go to the mbusa.com website and look at the E350 Coupe > Build Your Own > Accessories > Exterior Appearance for the options. Unfortunately, at the moment you can't configure an E550 on the website to see how much nicer the real AMG trim looks IMO.

Frankly, I don't care for the accessory trim pieces compared to the much nicer AMG package on the E550's, and I didn't bother with them, choosing instead to go with the black paint which tends to minimize the less sporty standard E350 lower bodywork (and I thought black was perfect with the red leather).

Also, the "hockey stick" DRL's are no longer available on any MB vehicle, including the 2012 E350. They are all straightline now. Please see mine here: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-c...red-black.html

I suppose if you wished to go to the time and expenses, you could have a custom body shop install the genuine AMG lower body and bumpers trim. I'm no expert, but I would think they would fit.

Having said all this, I'm thinking what your dealer is referring to may be the E350 "Appearance Package," which I also have. It does include very nice, high quality AMG 18" wheels, a stiffer sport suspension and some other AMG items. You can see this package at mbusa also. But, it DOES NOT include any AMG body work. Again, the AMG body work is reserved for the E550 model only! Hope this helps you.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH thanks ALOT that actually helped after you say that 550 in the video is not legit. That one is prob just the 550 and he put the amg on right? if so i think i am going to grab with the 550, Does E350 with amg appearance package look like a 550 other than the exhaust? if so ill jus grab the one thats coming in so save me time waiting and btw im getting my car in Canada,

thanks benzman

Last edited by karamatheson555; 09-09-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:36 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH thanks ALOT that actually helped after you say that 550 in the video is not legit. That one is prob just the 550 and he put the amg on right? if so i think i am going to grab with the 550, Does E350 with amg appearance package look like a 550 other than the exhaust? if so ill jus grab the one thats coming in so save me time waiting and btw im getting my car in Canada,

thanks benzman
I'm only guessing, but I suspect the owner of the car in the video really has an E350. He decided to spend money on a few trim upgrades (not genuine AMG) plus AMG and E550 badges to make it look like an E550. I'll never understand why people need to do that, but some people do.

Here is what a genuine E550 looks like. It's not a 2012 model, but the 2012 should look the same or very similar: http://www.edmunds.com/mercedes-benz...road-test.html
There are better pictures out there, but for some reason I couldn't access them today.

The E350 Appearance Package is not called the "AMG Appearance Package" and has absolutely nothing to do with the E550 or the E550's AMG bodywork trim. Try to get that idea out of your head; it's confusing you. The E350 Appearance Package just happens to include AMG wheels and a couple of non-bodywork related trim items. It does look very sporty, but it has nothing to do with the special AMG lower body and different AMG bumper treatments found ONLY on the E550.

Yes I think you will be happier taking the "real" E550 coming in, if everything else on the car is satisfactory for you. If you want other equipment, etc., then it sounds to me like you need to order an E550, if you like the way the lower body trim and bumpers look in the linked photo. If you search the internet, you may be able to find better pix of the E550, although these shown in the link are accurate.

Alternatively, you may be better off waiting until the mbusa.com website
allows you to configure a 2012 E550. Then you'll see exactly what you will be getting. I don't know how long that will be.

By the way, I can't swear that the E350's and E550's delivered in Canada are spec-ed out the same way as those for the U.S. I do know there are some minor equipment differences. At least you'll have the opportunity to see it first hand to determine if the body treatments are what you want.

Again, I much prefer the real AMG bodywork found on the E550 as compared to the cheaper alternatives. You can't go wrong, IMO.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
B8.5 Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Coupe
I think the Canadian E350s have the option of AMG bodywork available as per the European models, which is strange since they don't offer that to the US market.

I'm sure there's a few people on here with E350s from Canada who can verify this if not have a search around for E350s on here the threads will appear
Old 09-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
.....btw im getting my car in Canada,.....
Originally Posted by BenzMan369
....you may be better off waiting until the mbusa.com website .....
2 different countrys in play here.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:10 PM

e350
I think the Canadian E350s have the option of AMG bodywork available as per the European models, which is strange since they don't offer that to the US market.

I'm sure there's a few people on here with E350s from Canada who can verify this if not have a search around for E350s on here the threads will appear

Yea benzman i think thats what is confusing me because on http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content/canada/mpc/mpc_canada_website/en/home_mpc/passengercars.flash.html
youll see that Amg Appearance package is optional for us in Canada. This is what i think i am going to do i am going to put on a deposit on the e350 thats coming in and if it doesnt give me that aggressive look then i will just stick with the e550 for 6k more, Does the e550 come in Amg pacakge btw?
Old 09-10-2011, 04:37 AM

e350
What is a good price i should aim for for the E550 and the E350 with P2 and Amg appearance package in Canada?
Old 09-10-2011, 11:41 AM

2012 E350 Coupe

Thanks Nab. Now that we finally know where the poster is actually located that does change things. Yes, I had your car in mind when I put in repetitive disclaimers about things possibly being different in Canada as they clearly are in Europe - UK.

Isn't the AMG body work available for the E350's (like your car) in Europe/UK called a "Sport Package" or something like that, rather than "AMG Appearance Package?" That's why it's so easy to get confused with the U.S. E350 "Appearance Package," which has nothing to do with AMG bodywork.

Maybe I'm the one who's confused now!
Old 09-10-2011, 11:48 AM

2012 E350 Coupe
Yea benzman i think thats what is confusing me because on http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content/canada/mpc/mpc_canada_website/en/home_mpc/passengercars.flash.html
youll see that Amg Appearance package is optional for us in Canada. This is what i think i am going to do i am going to put on a deposit on the e350 thats coming in and if it doesnt give me that aggressive look then i will just stick with the e550 for 6k more, Does the e550 come in Amg pacakge btw?
AHA! Now that we know where you're hiding out - Canada - there IS a difference in what you can get there! Wish that were an option down here.

Sounds like you have a good plan, as long as the new Direct Injection V8 in the E550's is not important to you. I can testify that the new D.I. V6 in the 2012 E350's, along with the newly upgraded 7g Plus trans. are a very potent combination and probably all you will need, unless you like burning rubber off the rear tires on a regular basis.

And with the AMG body work, the car will be beautiful. Based on Nab's car and other Euro versions I've seen, I think it will be just what you're looking for.

Please let us know what you do. Either way, can't wait to see the pix.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:44 PM

e350
hahha we finally figued it out LOl thanks alot guys im going to drop a deposit off for that amg 350 tmrw or something hopefully that will be what i want but i sitll like that hockey stick lights better and btw Nab your car is BEAUTIFUL and benzman what you think about the pricing?
Old 09-11-2011, 11:41 AM

2012 E350 Coupe
hahha we finally figued it out LOl thanks alot guys im going to drop a deposit off for that amg 350 tmrw or something hopefully that will be what i want but i sitll like that hockey stick lights better and btw Nab your car is BEAUTIFUL and benzman what you think about the pricing?
Sorry, but I have no clue about pricing strategies for Canada. Perhaps some of our Canadian friends here can help. Also, try posting your question in the W212 thread, where I know there are quite a few Canadian drivers and posts are beginning to appear relating to 2012 purchases. Different model, but may be helpful anyway.

Some of it depends on the type of dealer too, I guess. From what I've read, a few are trying to squeeze the buyer with strictly-MSRP pricing or even a premium above that, because it's so early in the model year. Given the economy and sales overall, that's just bull, IMO.

I ordered my 2012 in June. I've dealt with my dealership exclusively for both sales and service for over 11 years, so we had a history of "good vibes." I sat down with the salesman and he immediately asked me what I thought was a reasonable discount!! I said I wasn't looking to commit an armed robbery and Invoice Price (-7% with no advertising fees or other padding) seemed fair, actually more than fair, since the pricing sheets were not even available yet and no E350 coupes had been shipped. He said he'd check with the Sales Manager, came back and said that's fine! I was amazed.

I did have a problem at first with my trade-in value, as the Sales Manager did low-ball it. After about 20 minutes of back-and-forth, I got the KBB book value, which was actually higher than it was a year ago. Used cars seem to be in demand these days. I am not a wheeler-dealer and I was more than happy. Only tax and tags were extra. Period.

Got the car delivered on time and as promised August 1. It was the very first 2012 off the boat with the new black-red leather.

If you've got an honest dealership with a top-notch service department, sometimes it's not worth the hassle to shop around to save the last dime, IMO. Of course, when I was younger and poorer, I wouldn't have said that!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:08 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Pricing for E350 Coupe 2012

Hey figured I'd pipe up. I'm leasing my E350 that I'm getting next week. I'm in Canada. I signed up with the APA and got a quote of 2750 off MSRP. The dealer I was working with was giving me 1700. I gave him crap and he threw in the first 2 servicing which with tax comes out to be about 500.00 each. I would suggest that you drop the 30 bucks and get a quote from them and then they will refer you to the dealer that will honor that quote. You can also shop around with that quote to see if you can get a cheaper price. They ask that you don't disclose the dealer that quoted you. Hope this helps. Good luck
Old 09-22-2011, 06:10 AM

987S, E350 Cab, LR4
when I got my E350 cabrio in Toronto, I got anywhere from 4.5%-5.5% off MSRP. But I end up getting 6% off MSRP at the end.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:23 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Thanks for the info everyone

I ended up financing instead of leasing. About 5% less via discount and first 2 servicing included, factory tint for 200.00 and a few other perks.