E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

E550 Cab, Color Delima

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 02:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E550 Cab
E550 Cab, Color Delima

OK, this is my second "final choice" for a color on my new 2012 E550 cab. Black roof, black exterior and black/natural interior. Been resisting black paint as I know what a job it is keeping clean but really looks good when shiny. Had been thinking of Palladium but the black makes much more of a statement. Never thought picking a color would be such a chore. As always, your comments are most appreciated.

Ray
Old 09-18-2011, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 BMW F30 (328i) Sport Line
Hey Ray!

Black on black is always a gorgeous/classic color combo. Have you considered going with something bold like the red leather interior w/ aluminum trim? It will contrast the black beautifully and really make an aggressive/sporty statement.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E550 Cab
Ryan,
Funny you should mention, the interior is two tone with the majority being black and the seat surfaces and door trim in a natural leather color. The wood trim is black with the metal bits being either chrome or brushed aluminum. I too believe all black is a bit overwealming. And the details tend to get lost in the sea of black. Guess I'll have to start making better use of my car cover as it's easier to keep a car clean than constantly trying to clean it. First thing I've got to do is get rid of those orange things on the fenders. Now to find a set of smoked marker lenses.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 CLK320
I, too, am hesitant to buy black cars.

To keep it clean is no problem to me but the swirl marks will bother me a lot.
Silver is great to maintain but I have been driving a silver car for a few years.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:57 PM

Ray,

That sounds like a nice combo. To be honest all I've ever owned were black cars (on the exterior) and they aren't as difficult to keep clean as you'd imagine. I just do a weekly detail and she looks great all week. Just make sure not to park under things like trees, etc. and throw on a car cover at night if it's not in the garage. Good luck with the car hunt and let me know what you end up doing.

Ryan
Old 09-19-2011, 02:34 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Ryan9095
Hey Ray!

Black on black is always a gorgeous/classic color combo. Have you considered going with something bold like the red leather interior w/ aluminum trim? It will contrast the black beautifully and really make an aggressive/sporty statement.
I like your way of thinking Ryan.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:45 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Raygt3
OK, this is my second "final choice" for a color on my new 2012 E550 cab. Black roof, black exterior and black/natural interior. Been resisting black paint as I know what a job it is keeping clean but really looks good when shiny. Had been thinking of Palladium but the black makes much more of a statement. Never thought picking a color would be such a chore. As always, your comments are most appreciated.

Ray
Not to make your choosing harder, but I do have to agree that exterior trim details do indeed get lost in black. I chose it in part to help downplay the less sporty E350 bodywork. However, you are buying the E550 with its great-looking AMG lower bodywork.

I've seen E550's in person - next to each other - in both all black and black pano roof with white paint, both arctic white and diamond white metallic. That AMG bodywork really stands out in the lighter colors and the contrasting roof is a unique Benz look. Just take a look at Dr-Nab's cab to prove the point.

I personally would not buy a 550 in all black, because the lower bodywork did get lost, at least to my eyes. It's true though, that the all black C207 does indeed make a statement, as you said.

On the other hand, I think I've seen the interior color you're looking at and I do think it's beautiful - typically Benz elegant. Don't know if I'd like it with white outside, although it's been done.

For my above exterior choices, the all black interior looked very sporty to me.

Just my two cents.

Trending Topics

Old 09-19-2011, 03:55 PM

Haha Al! So true We both have a heart for our red interiors! Although I don't have a Benz (atm) I'll chime in on your last comment. My BMW has the M Sport Package which adds an aerodynamic kit to the front and back bumper. Due to my car being black it's basically lost and you can't really tell the difference; lighter color will definitely show off the bodywork. As much as I LOVE black I'm personally leaning towards a grey/silver/etc.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:41 AM

MB
Originally Posted by Raygt3
I've got an E550 Cab with black exterior, black roof and and natural beige interior on order myself. The build date is Sept 22nd so hopefully I'll have it by the end of October. I think it will look fantastic but then again I am partial as I ordered one already!
Old 09-20-2011, 02:18 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Ryan9095
Haha Al! So true We both have a heart for our red interiors! Although I don't have a Benz (atm) I'll chime in on your last comment. My BMW has the M Sport Package which adds an aerodynamic kit to the front and back bumper. Due to my car being black it's basically lost and you can't really tell the difference; lighter color will definitely show off the bodywork. As much as I LOVE black I'm personally leaning towards a grey/silver/etc.
Silver metallic is a great low-maintenance color. My CLK was "brilliant silver metallic" and it never ever showed dirt. Unlike my present color choice. I knew what I was headed for when I picked black.

Nevertheless, to repeat myself ad nauseum, the C207 body style in general just looks so doggone baaaaaaaaad to me in black, and the black/red leather inside clinched it for me.

My very first car was black outside and all red inside. So the new one makes me feel decades younger. Except for one thing: keeping the new one clean makes my muscles a lot sorer than they used to be cleaning the old one. Can't imagine why that would be!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:45 PM

bmw
color

white with red leather /ash interior / red top is gorgeous, but trophy wife. jawdropping in the showroom.

the interior ash/red leather is a must. this is a mercedes and the ash is top quality wood that goes well with red. aluminum is BMW style and nothing special.

silver / ash / red leather = class act. james bond.
black / ash / black = mafioso from astoria. they all drive black benzes.
white / brown / brown = palm beach
white / ash / red = miami

take your pick.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:09 AM

2010 ML350 designo, 2011 E350 coupe
I like e coupe in white and in this colour:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9jQi...eature=related