E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Windshield washer fluid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E350 coupe
Windshield washer fluid

My windshield washer fluid level is low. Any opinions regarding using the standard blue windshield washer fluid that is available widely, or should I buy the MB concentrate and mix as directed?
Old 04-07-2012, 12:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2010 E550 coupe
It seems ridiculous to require a specific type of wash fluid. Therefore, when mine is low I will be using the standard autoparts store stuff. I seem to recall reading that some people have reported less chattering/better performance of their standard Mercedes wiper blades with the generic stuff.

On a side note, I feel that the rain sensing wiper system lags the competition. The system on my 2008 Audi A6 was far superior: the wipers functioned better, the rain sensing system had finer granularity (on the lowest setting its duty cycle was much lower than the equivalent on my Mercedes) and a few seconds after a spray of wash the wipers would sweep once more to collect remaining drops.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:36 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
For years, I have been using the Mercedes windshield washer fluid refills that sold at the dealers.

They came as concentrated, in a small tube (see picture below.) I added it to a clean & empty one-gallon milk jug, topped it with clean tap water, and it would refill the car's windshield fluid tank just right.

The refill fluid came in Summer or Winter blend, for different weather region, accordingly.

I forgot how much it cost (probably just a few dollars each tube.) I just bought a few of them at the dealer, put them in the trunk, and used them as needed.

I like the Mercedes refills that came in small tube, which is very handy and easy to store. Yet, I guess any quality aftermarket windshield washer fluid refills will work just as well.

With best regards,

Last edited by axhoaxho; 04-07-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL203(06) C207(10)
That's my choice too

Originally Posted by axhoaxho
For years, I have been using the Mercedes windshield washer fluid refills that sold at the dealers.

They came as concentrated, in a small tube (see picture below.) I added it to a clean & empty one-gallon milk jug, topped it with clean tap water, and it would refill the car's windshield fluid tank just right.

The refill fluid came in Summer or Winter blend, for different weather region, accordingly.

I forgot how much it cost (probably just a few dollows each tube.) I just bought a few of them at the dealer, put them in the trunk, and used them as needed.

I like the Mercedes refills that came in small tube, which is very handy and easy to store. Yet, I guess any quality aftermarket windshield washer fluid refills will work just as well.

With best regards,

Old 04-07-2012, 09:49 PM

2012 E350 coupe
Thanks for the responses. I brought my car to the dealer after playing golf today. They said they are happy to top off any fluids whenever I need. They put that small bottle of MB SummerFit into the reservoir, then filled the rest of the reservoir with standard windshield washer fluid. But they said if I didn't have MB SummerFit, that filling it with standard windshield washer fluid would be just fine as well. Was in and out of the dealer in less than 5 minutes!

My old Maxima had intermittent wipers that I could set anywhere between 1 and 15 seconds between sweeps. I agree with dsayed's side note. This is the first car I've owned that has rain sensing wipers. The wipers seem to have a mind of their own! Sometimes they make several rapid sweeps when the windshield is clean. Other times there is already a lot of rain on my windshield, and it doesn't sweep. Not a huge deal, as I still love the car.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lexus gx470
the auto sensing wipers do go crazy sometimes. i hate that after you hit the spray button, the wipers dont do a final wipe after some residual fluid goes up the windshield like my Lexus does.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 CLK320
[QUOTE=leadfootstan;5139087]Thanks for the responses. I brought my car to the dealer after playing golf today. They said they are happy to top off any fluids whenever I need. They put that small bottle of MB SummerFit into the reservoir, then filled the rest of the reservoir with standard windshield washer fluid. But they said if I didn't have MB SummerFit, that filling it with standard windshield washer fluid would be just fine as well. Was in and out of the dealer in less than 5 minutes!
[QUOTE]

What is the SummerFit additive? They mixed this with regular washer fluid?

For washer fluid, I myself just buy whatever on sales. One jug lasts me a long time.

Last edited by mis3; 04-09-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:15 AM

2012 E350 coupe
Hi mis3. I think the SummerFit additive has some soap that helps to cut through dirt. The manual says you can mix it with water or with windshield washer fluid. The dealer told me that it was fine to use regular windshield washer fluid without the additive though.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 CLK320
Originally Posted by leadfootstan
Hi mis3. I think the SummerFit additive has some soap that helps to cut through dirt. The manual says you can mix it with water or with windshield washer fluid. The dealer told me that it was fine to use regular windshield washer fluid without the additive though.
I see. Not sure if this is something that I would buy.