E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

push start question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E550 Coupe
push start question

I have seen some 2010,e class that have push starts in their car but on mine I have to put in my key less go key into the ignition. I read that on other Mercedes model you can replace it when a button to push start is it true?
Old 09-15-2013, 08:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E550 Coupe
If you have keyless-go, then you should have received the button as part of the delivery. Had it on my '11 and '12. If you bought the car used, you'll have to go to the dealer to have them code a new button to your car. It provides IR interface like the key but won't start the car unless a key's RF signal is detected.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:05 AM

E550 Coupe
Yeah I bought mine used just order a button from ebay. I thought it was just plug and play guess I need to stop by dealer to get it code
Old 09-20-2013, 03:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w207 e250
hi my car is 2010 e class coupe and it does not come with keyless go or push start button. however if i wish to have push start button and keyless go, do i only need to change the key and reprogram ? or i have to do more than that ? thanks!
Old 09-20-2013, 07:29 AM

2012 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by flizzardo
hi my car is 2010 e class coupe and it does not come with keyless go or push start button. however if i wish to have push start button and keyless go, do i only need to change the key and reprogram ? or i have to do more than that ? thanks!
I doubt it. The Keyless Go system includes a radio receiver and attenae placed around the car to detect the key's (your) location. It's highly unlikely MB is installing the hardware standard and disabling for those that don't pay.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:59 AM

E550 Coupe
to confirm, you dont need dealer to program. the push start button is plug and play
Old 09-20-2013, 10:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w207 e250
Originally Posted by nawlinstornado
I doubt it. The Keyless Go system includes a radio receiver and attenae placed around the car to detect the key's (your) location. It's highly unlikely MB is installing the hardware standard and disabling for those that don't pay.
oh then how much would it cost to install keyless entry

and how much would it cost to install both keyless entry and keyless go?
Old 09-20-2013, 11:58 AM

2012 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by DanielDuc
to confirm, you dont need dealer to program. the push start button is plug and play
Cool. It doesn't really make much sense that it wouldn't be, but I figured MB wouldn't pass up a chance to charge for a service call.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:01 PM

2012 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by flizzardo
oh then how much would it cost to install keyless entry

and how much would it cost to install both keyless entry and keyless go?
I had a conversation with the MB techs when I bought my '11. They said Mercedes wasn't doing any factory-option add-ins outside of the factory due to issues with inconsistent installations and subsequent reliability issues.

That said, ask the MB dealer if they can do it. Or scour the web for someone with experience. Or hit the aftermarket - here's one:
http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/KEYL...COMBO-PG-1.htm
Old 09-20-2013, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E550, 2008 SL55 AMG
I have seen some 2010,e class that have push starts in their car but on mine I have to put in my key less go key into the ignition. I read that on other Mercedes model you can replace it when a button to push start is it true?
It's part of an option called Keyless Go. If your car doesn't have the option, you're out of luck - just buying a Keyless Go Start button won't do anything because you're missing the circuitry that supports it.

You can find out if your car has Keyless Go by having a local dealer print the car's data sheet - that will list all installed options.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:54 PM

E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by pdjv
It's part of an option called Keyless Go. If your car doesn't have the option, you're out of luck - just buying a Keyless Go Start button won't do anything because you're missing the circuitry that supports it.

You can find out if your car has Keyless Go by having a local dealer print the car's data sheet - that will list all installed options.
I have that option just didnt came with the button. Bought it off ebay for 23 buck and works like a charm =). Gives the car a more modern option-looks
Old 11-02-2013, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
OK, I need to ask for a little clarifying please because I read the above comments and heard both different things. I am looking at one of two new E cars from a dealer. One has keyless go and one does not. The one that does not have keyless go is the one that I want (better options). So here are the questions.
1. Does the car come "pre equipped" for keyless go and it is just turned off unless you pay for the option? (this is the big question)
2. If number one is correct, can I just go and get new, or reprogrammed, keys from the dealer?
3. Can the dealer easily install it if I ask (I think I can work it into the deal)?
4. Can I really just buy the $30 (estimated) button off ebay and it work?

Thanks for the help.
The following users liked this post:
MaMaChup (05-25-2020)
Old 11-03-2013, 10:49 AM

E550 Coupe
I don't think you can install KEYLESS N GO after purchase. You probably can but it would cost a pretty good amount to make it not even worth it. It's better to buy Keyless and Go and get the push start button add to it.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Originally Posted by nawlinstornado
If you have keyless-go, then you should have received the button as part of the delivery. Had it on my '11 and '12. If you bought the car used, you'll have to go to the dealer to have them code a new button to your car. It provides IR interface like the key but won't start the car unless a key's RF signal is detected.
not true, the push to start button is universal for all vehicles that are equipped with PTS. there is no coding anything.

when you push the PTS button it looks for your valid key via the multiple antennas in the vehicle. it then authenticates the valid key and starts. those with pts can see this by looking at the fob when pressing the pts button. the keys led will light up indicating communications with the vehicle.

if it is not equipped with KG, to add it is going to be expensive and you are going to spend a pretty penny
Old 11-03-2013, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
I don't think you can install KEYLESS N GO after purchase. You probably can but it would cost a pretty good amount to make it not even worth it. It's better to buy Keyless and Go and get the push start button add to it.
expensive though not impossible. push start comes with KG, otherwise it would not be called keyless go
Old 11-04-2013, 10:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E550, 2008 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
So here are the questions.
1. Does the car come "pre equipped" for keyless go and it is just turned off unless you pay for the option? (this is the big question)
2. If number one is correct, can I just go and get new, or reprogrammed, keys from the dealer?
3. Can the dealer easily install it if I ask (I think I can work it into the deal)?
4. Can I really just buy the $30 (estimated) button off ebay and it work?

Thanks for the help.
1. If it's not listed as a feature or option, the supporting modules are not installed.
2. See above.
3. The electronics in the E class are complex. Having a dealer or aftermarket installer fiddle with the electronic circuitry is a REALLY BAD idea.
4. Not without the supporting modules.

Look, Keyless Go is nice but not essential. If the car without Keyless Go has options you really want, buy it.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:27 PM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Mercedes-Benz AMG E63 & ML350 Bluetec
I have a 2012 E63 with keyless go and when I picked it up from the dealer it did not have the button, they overnighted it to me and I simply sat in the car with my keys on my lap and inserted the button in the key slot and pressed it once (then it recognized it) and then it started immediately on the second push. Easy, peasy.