E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Burning DVD for use with Factory Player???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 02:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350 Coupe
Burning DVD for use with Factory Player???

Hey Guys i have tons of Music Videos on my computer and i wanted to burn them to DVD's so i can play them in the Car at shows... does anyone know the proper way to do this? I burnt at few onto a DVD last night but when i tested it the Command unit didnt read it... just got an error... Help please!

FYI i have a 2011 E 350 Coupe with the 6 disc in dash changer. with the NAV TV module.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:58 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Playing CD's/DVD's you've burned yourself can be a real hit or miss thing, as Mercedes also points out.

If no one else here has more specific info, suggest you review your car's Comand Owner's Manual (not the general Owner's Manual). There are several sections and/or references to CD/DVD media requirements, burning issues and suggestions.

If you don't have the Comand manual, you can obtain it for your car here:
http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/servic...owners_manuals

Good luck and please let us know how you make out.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes E350 CD Iridium silver convertible 2010
If you have the command module you should be able to transfer as significant amount of tracks onto the hard drive, you have to do it via the USB port in the glove box, I did it using a 4gb usb memory stick took a while to get all of my tracks on 3-4 downloads using the memory stick....... does not have the flexibility of an ipod interface but worthwhile, I have DVD's loaded into the 6 slots of the player......the issue is you have to get the video in motion recoded??? as dvd's don't play pictures whilst the car is in motion, you can still hear the audio though.....
Old 01-04-2014, 12:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550 Coupe
What software and format are you burning the DVD's in? You cannot just copy video files (mp4,AVI, etc) to DVD.
Also make sure to use DVD-R format DVD's. Many DVD players cannot handle other physical media such as DVD+RW.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E550 Coupe
The only problem I have for burning is the dual layer 8gb disc..those takes awhile to load in our system. But i never have any problem burning regular disc. I just rip videos of youtube and use DVDFLICK on PC to burn the video files.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:08 AM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe, 2016 Audi A6 3.0
Originally Posted by theraven333
If you have the command module you should be able to transfer as significant amount of tracks onto the hard drive, you have to do it via the USB port in the glove box, I did it using a 4gb usb memory stick took a while to get all of my tracks on 3-4 downloads using the memory stick....... does not have the flexibility of an ipod interface but worthwhile, I have DVD's loaded into the 6 slots of the player......the issue is you have to get the video in motion recoded??? as dvd's don't play pictures whilst the car is in motion, you can still hear the audio though.....
I have a 2013 E350 cab and I wanted to install music on the hard drive and I was told by MB USA that I have to do it through discs loaded through the slot and not via a USB stick as my BMW X3 does. It's much easier to do it through a USB stick. In fact, in the Command Manual, it clearly states "with a CD inserted, select REC". The USB in the center console is used for connecting external devices like ipods, etc.

Last edited by dudley07726; 01-04-2014 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:13 PM

E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by C230Brit
What software and format are you burning the DVD's in? You cannot just copy video files (mp4,AVI, etc) to DVD. Also make sure to use DVD-R format DVD's. Many DVD players cannot handle other physical media such as DVD+RW.
That's what I'm trying to figure out is what format I have to use in order for the system to play them...
Old 01-05-2014, 11:15 PM

E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by DanielDuc
The only problem I have for burning is the dual layer 8gb disc..those takes awhile to load in our system. But i never have any problem burning regular disc. I just rip videos of youtube and use DVDFLICK on PC to burn the video files.
Ok that's good info... What program are you using to rip the videos off YouTube? I want to create DVDs full of music videos so I can play then at car shows l.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Have you figured out what combination of DVD media, software, and burner worked for your Mercedes?