E-Class Coupe (C238) & Cabrio (A238) 2017 - E200, E220, E300, E350, E400, E450 [Coupes &Cabriolets]

Help with boot separator con cabrio. Button doesnt do anything.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E200 cabrio A238
Help with boot separator on A238 cabrio. Button doesnt do anything.

Hi.

I have that little issue on my A238 cabrio. The separator button for the close and release of the boot separator doesnt do anything. I close and open the boot separator form the trunk manually. The button doesnt work.

This button:

In the diagnosis in a friend workshop, it shows only a error, DTC B181113 :

The output for the switch and controls illumination of the button 'Trunk partition' has a malfunction. There is an open circuit.

Is not a important fault, but i would like to fix it. In the manual of the car, says if the button doenst work, relase and close it manually....

- Is there a FUSE controlling the separator? I dont have the relay diagram specific of the A238 and i dont find it on internet. I suppose its the fuse.

- maybe the button itself or the cable.... Any ideas where to start? someone who had same problem?

Sorry about my language, im from spain.

Last edited by Facedor; Yesterday at 04:11 AM.
Old Yesterday, 08:08 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,714 Likes on 2,309 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Facedor
Hi.

I have that little issue on my A238 cabrio. The separator button for the close and release of the boot separator doesnt do anything. I close and open the boot separator form the trunk manually. The button doesnt work.

This button:

In the diagnosis in a friend workshop, it shows only a error, DTC B181113 :

The output for the switch and controls illumination of the button 'Trunk partition' has a malfunction. There is an open circuit.

Is not a important fault, but i would like to fix it. In the manual of the car, says if the button doenst work, relase and close it manually....

- Is there a FUSE controlling the separator? I dont have the relay diagram specific of the A238 and i dont find it on internet. I suppose its the fuse.

- maybe the button itself or the cable.... Any ideas where to start? someone who had same problem?

Sorry about my language, im from spain.
The digram should be in the rear fuse box unless it was misplaced?
Old Today, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E200 cabrio A238
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
The digram should be in the rear fuse box unless it was misplaced?
Yesterday in the evening i looked into de fuse case in the trunk.

There was the diagram of the fuses, untouched on the side of the fuse box. In the diagram, there was 4 fuses marked as "VARIO ROOF". There was no one of them specific of the separator.

I checked all four (and all of them, i had time, with a multimeter) and all the fuses were perfect, no one broken.

I realized that is not a fuse problem. Must be te separator itself or the cable.... it gets a bit harder to resolve...
Old Today, 09:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,714 Likes on 2,309 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Facedor
Yesterday in the evening i looked into de fuse case in the trunk.

There was the diagram of the fuses, untouched on the side of the fuse box. In the diagram, there was 4 fuses marked as "VARIO ROOF". There was no one of them specific of the separator.

I checked all four (and all of them, i had time, with a multimeter) and all the fuses were perfect, no one broken.

I realized that is not a fuse problem. Must be te separator itself or the cable.... it gets a bit harder to resolve...
Hmmm, I see. If it is the cable, then you might need to start removing some covers in the rear and see if the cable is pinched, frayed or disconnected.