E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

MAYA wheelz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 12:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1992 300CE AMG Hammer Replica, 2004 C240, 2015 ML350
I think it looks nice. Though polished lip would set it off and make it even sweeter.

Couldn't you sand the powder coating down then polish the lip?

I am sure Sander at TWS could get it done.

AshMan
Old 08-31-2005, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 AMG C63s
to be honest i am not taking a poll to see what others like or dislike. i like it and that is all that counts. comments like it looks like you have spares on or it looks like a red neck racing car does nothing for me.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by AMG_Eric
to be honest i am not taking a poll to see what others like or dislike. i like it and that is all that counts. comments like it looks like you have spares on or it looks like a red neck racing car does nothing for me.
I didn't post my comments because I thought you were taking a poll, this is a public forum and when you post pic's prepare to hear it all.... I've recieved comments after posting pic's that I didn't care for either but in your case those wheels look pretty bad...It's not only one persons opinion anyone who sees your car is going to think the same unless there under say 20 yrs old..
They look like emergency spares, but alas it is your car and if you like it that's all that really matters, just be prepared for the ribbing cause your gonna get a lot of it w/that look I was just trying to give you some constructive criticism about having some contrast w/polished lip The only way you could even try to pull of that look correctly is you would have to paint your car all black period! and it to would still look a bit odd..IT NEEDS CONTRAST....IE..Polished lip....
Old 08-31-2005, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by thericker55
I didn't post my comments because I thought you were taking a poll, this is a public forum and when you post pic's prepare to hear it all.... I've recieved comments after posting pic's that I didn't care for either but in your case those wheels look pretty bad...It's not only one persons opinion anyone who sees your car is going to think the same unless there under say 20 yrs old..
They look like emergency spares, but alas it is your car and if you like it that's all that really matters, just be prepared for the ribbing cause your gonna get a lot of it w/that look I was just trying to give you some constructive criticism about having some contrast w/polished lip The only way you could even try to pull of that look correctly is you would have to paint your car all black period! and it to would still look a bit odd..IT NEEDS CONTRAST....IE..Polished lip....
excuse the "f" outta me. i didnt know you were the official word on what does and doesnt look good. next time i plan to change something i will run it by you and the whole crew.

what really bothers me is people who dont read. i posted that polishing is not an option because these are powder coated. why not make other suggestions that are next to impossible to accomplish.
Originally Posted by AMG-Eric
i cant polish the lip on these rims because they are powder coated and it is super hard to remove powder coat.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by AMG_Eric
excuse the "f" outta me. i didnt know you were the official word on what does and doesnt look good. next time i plan to change something i will run it by you and the whole crew.

what really bothers me is people who dont read. i posted that polishing is not an option because these are powder coated. why not make other suggestions that are next to impossible to accomplish.
What???like buying a decent set of wheels hey man...you took it the wrong way I was just trying to help, and I also said if you would read all my posts that "In the end it only matters if you the owner like it or not...."
Old 08-31-2005, 11:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E320 CDI
Hey AMG_Eric;

No need to get defensive. Everyone has different "taste". As long as you like your car who cares what others think.

You're posting in a public forum, so it's inevitable that you'll come across someone who will NOT like what you've done to your car.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
Originally Posted by jrmd01
Hey AMG_Eric;

No need to get defensive. Everyone has different "taste". As long as you like your car who cares what others think.

You're posting in a public forum, so it's inevitable that you'll come across someone who will NOT like what you've done to your car.
i guess i dont run around saying negative things about others people's rides so i do take offense when someone likens my ride to things that will be seen in a negative light. i guess that is the maturity in me.

you can approach it like cali and ashman did (the mature way) or you can approach it like 2 others did.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:17 AM

2005 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by jrmd01
I'm not feeling it either....

I really like the look of the Monoblock II on the W124. It just looks "right". If the silver is too boring...polish or chroming can make it more interesting.
If you were offended by my post, you're being a bit too sensitive. I don't go around posting negative things about others people's rides. If it makes you feel better, I apologize. I'm not going to go back and forth to defend my post.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:32 AM

"88 300CE- First Year Production
Yeah man we aren't tryin to make your car sound like its retarded, cause I know your still gonna do what you do. I mainly go to forums for ideas and I like critisium or however you spell that- I didn't throw a fit when you pointed out that my wheels weren't real AMG's. Don't be so sensitive and don't be a shnob, you have an AMG model benz and that makes it so much better than mine. (feel better)

I don't get upset and yell at people cause they commonly call my ride a Beemer. But I don't like when a person in a beemer looks at me funny.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
well my wheels were a hit today at the photo shoot meet (pictures to follow). as i have stated all along they look very acceptable in person all shined up.

http://www.thebenzgroup.org/gallery/...lbum=8&pos=112

http://www.thebenzgroup.org/gallery/...?album=8&pos=4

Last edited by AMG_Eric; 09-18-2005 at 02:10 AM.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 AMG C63s
ok they are on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=8003480318