E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

C/F anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by ohlord
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
No no e320 is on a winning streak. FTW means for the win. And Carl you pulled that one outa NOWHERE. I'm thinking meh 325 e36 SLOW. Then i'm doing 130+ and you pull on me like nothing i'm like WTF!!???
Also I love how NOW it says m3.

-----------"(And the reply from one of his friends,that he says will back up his dreams)
ProjectC55
"No! I have a 1999 Blue M3 and a 1994 black M332i(325i 3.2l) which was the one you raced.
130 mph LOL! We were'nt doing anywhere near close to 130mph when I pulled on you. Which run was that?
It was well b4 70mph which is somewhere while I'm in second going to third gear from a roll."-----------------------

So what we have here is a math problem,130 mph in tommyboys world =70mph in the real world,which computes to a ratio of .538
220 rwhp*.538=118rwhp
118rwhp computes to the spanking he got by a bimmer shifting out of second gear from a roll.
So the math lesson for today use tmph(tommy miles per hour) for all calculations in relation in tommys posts,and use RWHP(real world horsepower)in any calculations involving facts.
ohlord
"GOT MATH?"

uh carl has a 325i with a modd'ed m3 motor, m3 diff, m3 trany. if you read further down the thread you would see i was talking about the drive we did up to captree.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Originally Posted by 43fatman
Did you get the Hood? When you have to hood off Post a picture of the C36 motor with all the mods before you install the new one And maybe you will get some credit. If not you should try a honda forum where someone might believe you(custom Turbo 168). Feeding us BS has not gotten you anywhere in the past, Only a new one from Olord, Oilverk, you know the list goes on, give it up and stop. I am ready for some good info from this forum This is not it. So lets all move on for now. Thats about all for now Maybe this post will be gone soon!
as for the hood yeah i got it, i didnt like it so i threw it out, so what its 125 dollars. I have a few pics but its on my camra in my car.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:49 PM

2001 E430 Sport
Originally Posted by TommyGunn
as for the hood yeah i got it, i didnt like it so i threw it out, so what its 125 dollars. I have a few pics but its on my camra in my car.
Do you really think we are ALL that stupid??? come on! (just threw it out) Pictures tomorrow? I Really want to see the 36Amg motor in a 210. How much longer are you going to keep this up? And dont get offensive when somone calls you out. I am not being an *** im am just calling it how i see it. Their are 2 types of people in this world: people who make excuses and people who make results. Whats it going to be?

Last edited by 43fatman; 09-10-2007 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Tommyboy

I did read further down in the thread,as well as other posts,and it seems the deeper I dig the stink gets worse.What I discovered is that the guys on the C forum have the same views as the peeps on the w210 forum about your bs.The more I dig the more truth comes to light.For instance what we have here is a bunch of ny'r's who brag about high 14 sec cars and think they are the be all to end all.And when they do get beat,to the one,they always have some excuse,it was to hot,it was to cold,my clutch was bad,my straight pipe was crap,I was in another car that day,you get my point.
Races that never happen,challenges that never appear,parts bought one day,don't know how to install the next(when somehow,a big item like a cf hood gets delivered the day after being bought)and then tosses out a(quality hood)the next week.
Claims of this or that,why such and so did not come to be,
at least one good thing did come out of digging deeper.My math theorem.....
With the .538 multiplier,his pile of crap is now only 70 feet high,adjusted for the .538 multiplier
ohlord
"GOT CODES?"
Old 09-11-2007, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Do you really think we are ALL that stupid??? come on! (just threw it out) Pictures tomorrow? I Really want to see the 36Amg motor in a 210. How much longer are you going to keep this up? And dont get offensive when somone calls you out. I am not being an *** im am just calling it how i see it. Their are 2 types of people in this world: people who make excuses and people who make results. Whats it going to be?
no i was talking about the hood, their are major fitment issues, the hood latches are way off, the hood mounts had to be bored out as well as the area above the hood had to be milled down. the hood is still on but i honestly hate it, i'll show pics as soon as i get my car back from my friends house. i'm currently driving his C43.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
I did read further down in the thread,as well as other posts,and it seems the deeper I dig the stink gets worse.What I discovered is that the guys on the C forum have the same views as the peeps on the w210 forum about your bs.The more I dig the more truth comes to light.For instance what we have here is a bunch of ny'r's who brag about high 14 sec cars and think they are the be all to end all.And when they do get beat,to the one,they always have some excuse,it was to hot,it was to cold,my clutch was bad,my straight pipe was crap,I was in another car that day,you get my point.
Races that never happen,challenges that never appear,parts bought one day,don't know how to install the next(when somehow,a big item like a cf hood gets delivered the day after being bought)and then tosses out a(quality hood)the next week.
Claims of this or that,why such and so did not come to be,
at least one good thing did come out of digging deeper.My math theorem.....
With the .538 multiplier,his pile of crap is now only 70 feet high,adjusted for the .538 multiplier
ohlord
"GOT CODES?"

also that place is in BK, i live in queens i drove there in my ML and picked it up to my self. Besides, what simple bolt on yealds a 44hp increase on a NA motor?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
one second you threw it out, the next its still on.

the lies never stop with this kid.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:08 AM

E320
Smile Carbon Fibre Hood For W210

To all fellow mb members,

Sorry to interrupt your discussion regarding the C/F hood on a MB. I was wondering if anyone are selling a CF hood or know if any places are selling one. I've been looking for a CF hood for quite sometime and even ask some local Vancouver bodyshops of a custom made one, but no luck. If anyone can hook me up with a CF hood, I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks for reading guys!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 150 Posts
99 E320
Originally Posted by 4ra4y
To all fellow mb members,

Sorry to interrupt your discussion regarding the C/F hood on a MB. I was wondering if anyone are selling a CF hood or know if any places are selling one. I've been looking for a CF hood for quite sometime and even ask some local Vancouver bodyshops of a custom made one, but no luck. If anyone can hook me up with a CF hood, I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks for reading guys!
depends on your model...you must have missed this which was cross posted recently
Old 09-11-2007, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
as much as i luvs me some drama, i'm just going to watch this one from the sidelines.
This did intrigue me though:

For all you narrow minded people know i have a C36 motor under my hood with some goodies.
Ask any of the people i know. advans, amg jared, militant grunt, project 55, sleeper x, 55 fanatic, all of them know my car and they know it well enough to say its not a 320.
can you blame the 'narrow minded' people for not knowing what engine you have when you apparently have no idea what is under your own hood? you obviously mod your car and take it to numerous garages, get things 'shaved', etc., but none of these people can identify the mystery engine either?
why not get the number off the block and take it to MB to look up or something?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:34 AM

E320
Smile Carbon Fibre Hood 96 W210 E320 WANTED!!!

Originally Posted by raymond g-
depends on your model...you must have missed this which was cross posted recently
Thanks for the fast reply Raymond, I actually called the company and ask about their carbon fibre hoods, but they say its sold out; therefore, I was wondering if any mb members in here can help me out. Once again, thanks for your reply Raymond.

Does anyone know where I can get a carbon fibre hood?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Read the

above.Tommyboy has one?doesn't have one?might have one?Threw one out?might have for sale?will send you pics?might have a camera?

On a serious note
A quality cf hood is going to run you a grand or more,www.audioonwheels.com/merchant/mainpage.htm
At over 700 bucks for this piece you will find it is the same piece of crap that tommyboy jumped on for 125.
Is your car black?Are you prepared to spend major money to do this mod?
Why not save the money for repair and maint.issues,if you are young and don't lift a wrench to do your own repairs,you are going to need every buck saved to have the shop do the work for you.
ohlord
Old 09-11-2007, 11:45 AM

E320
Thumbs up Thanks ohlord...

ohlord,

Thanks alot for the useful information, I'll call them up and ask about the carbon fibre hood. Damn... $700 and $125 for the same material hood. That sucks~ I have a close friend who opens a body shop in Vancouver, he does all the maintenace and body work for me much lower than any where else. Thanks for your recommendations ohlord!!!

btw, do you know approximately how much it will cost to install a CF hood?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ZedStyle

He would if he could,and before he replys I'll tell you what he will say........

I woud tak a pic,dude but my hod kant open,so i cant even chec my oil,creazy man.I got to tak it too the shop,wont be able to race on gcp,cuz i don trust it wit no oil.

Besides he's off driving a borrowed C43 to boys school.Can't be bothered with taking the time to show a pic of anything but his lame ride up on a lift,which I think is it's permanent parking spot.
ohlord
Old 09-11-2007, 11:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Z06/Z07, 2017 AMG GT
He would if he could,and before he replys I'll tell you what he will say........

I woud tak a pic,dude but my hod kant open,so i cant even chec my oil,creazy man.I got to tak it too the shop,wont be able to race on gcp,cuz i don trust it wit no oil.

Besides he's off driving a borrowed C43 to boys school.Can't be bothered with taking the time to show a pic of anything but his lame ride up on a lift,which I think is it's permanent parking spot.
ohlord
You're too kind.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4ra4y

That is a question,that the only reply is the one they say at the Ferrari dealer,
"If you have to ask,you can't afford it."
ohlord
Old 09-11-2007, 01:25 PM

1997 E300D
no i was talking about the hood, their are major fitment issues, the hood latches are way off, the hood mounts had to be bored out as well as the area above the hood had to be milled down. the hood is still on but i honestly hate it, i'll show pics as soon as i get my car back from my friends house. i'm currently driving his C43.
I do believe I called that one earlier in this post...

Todays lesson take a second to think about what experienced people tell you...

Last edited by Zackb911; 09-11-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:36 PM

W124
I also know that the M104 motor has a weak head becuase a friend of mine has a Twin turbo C36 and he blew his head on 5-7lb of boost. I bought an NA car with a blown head, its a KNOWN problem with m104's having a weak head, because it has very weak cooling to the head.
The C36 engine is not an ideal choice for turbo charging. The compression ratio is way too high at 10.5:1 and the AMG cams have a little too much overlap. The M104 head is not weak; it just doesn't like being turbocharged by people who don't know what they're doing.

I have an original E36. It wouldn't stand a chance against a C43.

A carbon fibre bonnet (hood) is not going to save enough weight to make any difference and could cut you in half in an accident. Don't do it!
Old 09-11-2007, 02:42 PM

W124
I Really want to see the 36Amg motor in a 210.
Mine, not his
Attached Thumbnails C/F anyone?-e36engine.jpg  
Old 09-11-2007, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Don't

be surprised if after this thread is real old,that this gentleman's 36 motor pic gets posted by tommyboy,It's going to be as close as he ever gets to one,his car isn't fast enough and I am sure his camera is probably spanked by 2 lengths just trying to get a picture of it.After all he can't even get a picture of the dead chunk of aluminum under his own hood.
ohlord
Old 09-11-2007, 07:16 PM

99 E320 wagon, 87 560sl.
Look this post was about the c/f hood for 125.00. I bought one and received it today. The hood's finish is great, from good observation everything looks good. Oh yeah I do have to cut out slots and drill holes but no problem. Just little prep work and I was expecting that. Hopefully it will fit okay. I will let everyone know how it fits when I mount it. I bought the hood because the clear was starting to peel and I like the visual. Oh yeah when we disagree it's cool but we never make personal attacks. It obvisously we all like the 3 pointed star are we would not be on this forum. So let Rodney King, 2 fingers!
Old 09-11-2007, 09:31 PM

2004 e320 and 99 e320 wagon
i just spent 15 minutes reading this thread...it is hilarious!!!! MAKE IT A STICKY!!!MAKE IT A STICKY. i don't even know what a sticky is but i've been waiting to type it. i even pulled my wife over to read a few of the jabs....but seriously even with all of the great info on this and benzworld, it gets a little dry...this was a great change up. DON'T MESS WITH THE GUYS WITH OVER 1000 POSTS, THEY WILL EAT YOU UP!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You know

Even 6 posts,valid questions,fact based know how,can't be messed with.It does not take hundreds of post to be a valued member.We applaud honesty,value the wisdom of the members who have gone before us,and ask only that Tommyboy and his wet dreams,wake up.
Wake up Tommy,you moms stomping her hoof,and you know how I hate that!
ohlord
"GOT CODES?"
P.s. tommy claims his I.Q. is mensa level,Times that by my math theorem,based on his speed,horse power,driving prowess ,and ability to buy parts,install them and discard them before he gets them claims.
TGC(tommygunn claims)*.538=I.Q.88
which explains why I can toss out a rank out like the one about his 400 lb girl friend,and it goes clear over his head.........
ohlord
"GOT CODES?"
Old 09-11-2007, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
Even 6 posts,valid questions,fact based know how,can't be messed with.It does not take hundreds of post to be a valued member.We applaud honesty,value the wisdom of the members who have gone before us,and ask only that Tommyboy and his wet dreams,wake up.
Wake up Tommy,you moms stomping her hoof,and you know how I hate that!
ohlord
"GOT CODES?"
P.s. tommy claims his I.Q. is mensa level,Times that by my math theorem,based on his speed,horse power,driving prowess ,and ability to buy parts,install them and discard them before he gets them claims.
TGC(tommygunn claims)*.538=I.Q.88
which explains why I can toss out a rank out like the one about his 400 lb girl friend,and it goes clear over his head.........
ohlord
"GOT CODES?"

what ever ya say gramps. as for drive my friends car, so what. i currently own 2 benz's at the age of 17. 1 1996 E320 with extras. and a Fully loaded 2000 ML320. Meh think what ever you want of me. I dislike this hood. Its finish is amazing its just not me. Besides *** Lord, how old are you? Can you afford to buy 2 benz's at the age of 17 by working for them? Can you afford to travel to europe and asia?

I Highly Doubt it. I dont like disclosing what i have under my hood. Its suprising. Besides if it keeps Oh LORD, busy all day ranting and posting for days on end to boost his post count its worth it.

I also enjoy the fact that we all have w210, i live in the Great County of the USA, where i can do what ever the hell i want to my Benz. I believe its freedom, and i'm sure all of you know that i dont give a crap about what ya think of me.

If anyone wants the hood its yours for 125 + shipping. Its what i paid for it, so take it off my hand and its yours. It need about another 2 hours or so, of grinding around the headlight, but it can be mounted. It also needs to be grounded around the right headlight for fitment, i'll post pics whenever i go out to longisland.

Oh yeah oh lord, i'll be picking up another car in about 6 months.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2002 CLK430
This is great stuff! My days go by faster reading how much deeper TG buries himself.
BEWARE: To who ever buys his hood. Tommy will ship it twice and lose the confirmation receipt

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C/F anyone?