E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Smoked an E350 lastnight....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 E430
why cheapen a prestigious car by racing?...I get tons of tail and have excellent opportunities because of my car. opened many of doors for me with respect, its been a deal closer, a conversation piece, why would anyone want to disrespect that by drag racing, street racing a Mercedes benz?....anybody that thinks this is proper behavior for driving this car around is a clown!....pull your head out of your rear and think about it.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Lot's

of people mod them,like to find out what they can do,should be done on the track,but no harm in some good honest fun,after all ,it is a high performance car.Do you observe all the posted speed limits at all times on the wide open highways and byways in Oregon?Respect a mercedes?It's a car ,man!Sure it has a soul,and you should not curse at it,or kick it when it's hurt or feeling bad,but respecting it is letting it out of the barn every once in awhile and letting all the ponies run like hell.........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taqap...elated&search=

you tell me it wouldn't be fun!!!!!!!!!!
ohlord

Last edited by ohlord; 10-03-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:55 AM

1998 E430
I'm not talking about a track....I'm talking about the street.....although I don't speed, I wasn't even talking about speeding. I'm talking about speed racing/drag racing on the street and being a punk on the street, I'm assuming you do neither. lets hear a story about somebody going out and getting some tail in a mercedes. or does nobody have a clue as to what that involves?...speak up playas!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 154 Posts
99 E320
this thread is on a steep dive towards...... on of these...
Old 10-03-2007, 04:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Tail?

Only if she can suck a golf ball through a straw,and pulls like a **** !

No, wait,wait.That was tommyboys girl friend and who would want that?

Last edited by ohlord; 10-03-2007 at 04:29 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by amgqmp1
I have two comments on this thread.

1 - Oliverk: That's one helluva blower on your 'stang. In fact, that's one helluva motor, period. Even if you had a carbon fiber hood...I'd be impressed (please, tell me you don't!).
haha, no carbon fiber hood.

car looks pretty much stock from the outside

Old 10-03-2007, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by azurE430
why cheapen a prestigious car by racing?...I get tons of tail and have excellent opportunities because of my car. opened many of doors for me with respect, its been a deal closer, a conversation piece, why would anyone want to disrespect that by drag racing, street racing a Mercedes benz?....anybody that thinks this is proper behavior for driving this car around is a clown!....pull your head out of your rear and think about it.
OMG, come on....

Tons of Tail? Unless you live in the sticks, most women will not be impressed by a 9 year old mercedes. Even then, would they care enough to sleep with you because of it? Don't exaggerate. While a woman may appreciate that you have a nice car, you certainly aren't "getting" chicks with it. And if you are, you need to consider that if she put out for some dude with a 98 E430, what do you think happens when a guy with a new S class drives by. You guessed it, the exact same thing. I.e., these chicks are ****** with STDs.

YOu have excellent opportunities because of your car? Like what? Cheaper real estate? Better portfolio management? A better parking spot? Keys to the corner office? What the hell are you talking about. If a 9k MB offered so many opportunities, everyone would have one.

Opened doors with respect? just give a me a F**king break.
Deal Closer? What deals are you closing exactly? Did you tell the guy who wasn't sure if he wanted the combo meal that you drove an MB, and he caved?

God I need to stay at benzworld

This place is ridiculous.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:58 PM

'97 E320
Wait, my transmission is bad?! I sure hope not...it got me to/from Chicago rather smoothly last week. Of course, I do have a squeal from under the hood...boy, does that ever drive me nuts.

I'll clarify what appears lost in my post...and that is...that I was joking.
Maybe that wasn't lost and you're attempting to humor me back. Who knows? I also don't race on the streets. Isn't everyone here a bit old for that?

I appreciate the offering of teaching me how to come off the line...but I learned that long ago. All the same, it's very kind of you to offer.

But you seriously must have me confused with someone else. As much $$$ as I've put into tranny maint. in the last couple of months...well, I'll just say that it's fine.

Originally Posted by ohlord
Can't make it to Iowa tonight,and I make it a strict policy not to race on the street anymore.
Another policy of mine is only fair races,I would not feel right taking a hamilton from someone with a Bad transmission or any loud squealing emmiting from under the hood.
Can't take anymore tommyboy excuses of I would have won,or could of won,or would liked to have won,but my car was making a funny noise that day.
And I usually don't take part in the kill stories,except to weed out the rifraf(tommy) I do my kills on the track.
http://www.pacificraceways.com/ drags/road course/autocross
http://www.woodburndragstrip.com/ nostalgia drags
Come on out some time,I'll teach you how to cut a light.leave on the last amber.
ohlord
"OBJECTS IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR REALLY ARE as small as THEY APPEAR"
Old 10-03-2007, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You pretty sure

that it's not the tranny squealing like a big old Iowa sow?
Any kind of squealing and I can't race you,sorry.
ohlord
Old 10-03-2007, 06:18 PM

'97 E320
I don't seriously want to race old MBs around. I have no kill stories to share.
My car (any of the many I've had) is not my identity. I don't try to use an auto to get women.

I'm 100% sure that my insanely annoying squeal is coming from the throttle body at lower revs. Not having an ag-based background I can't say for sure that it doesn't sound like a sow. Although, if I were a farmer and had a sow that made that noise consistently...the thing would be getting processed in a meat locker about now...

Oliverk, please don't leave to go to those other forums. One less person with a grasp on reality (and the chops to tell it like it is) will make this place quite a bit less fun.

Any bets on when this thread gets the good 'ole lockdown?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lock down?

When tommy comes back under a different cognomen and shares his latest exploits.That will get it shut down quicker than a dogs butt on an ice cube.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:32 AM

1998 E430
hey olipervert.....you sound like you like a speed racer punk on the street. maybe its not the car that gets me all the tail.....maybe its the fact that I'm 6'7"....unlike you and the way you run around this forum with your small mans complex you little midget. you sound like you always need to compensate for your small third member and I'm not talking about what your driveline bolts up to. compared to you I probably do live in the sticks unlike you, shacked up with your boyfriend ya little a$$ munching pip sqeak. why don't you get a real mustang ?? instead of your little glorified pinto?, must be the only mustang you can see over the dash in. lol........its midgets like you that keep me always taking it to the bank. thank you ....I know its a big sacrifice but I want to thank you. you make life easy for guys like me. we make money off all your "issues"......keep it going ....keep it going ...show us all how short you are. I bet you paid someone to do all your work and ya got like 50k into a 3500 dollar poop box. I like the way all these other people are clowning you also and your stupid "I learned my lesson" answer with your tail between you legs liken a beaten puppy..(a real small one)....heckle! heckle!
Old 10-05-2007, 06:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wait !!!!!!!!!!!

I think I hear a TOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU violation coming down the line,and it's about to run smack dab into an azure blue E430 from Oregon that's parked it's filthy ol self on the track.
A little fun and leg pulling is okay,when it gets to the point of some of your inane babble it just may send you the way of tommy(banned)gunn.
So if you want to continue getting help keeping your mint condition 10 year old Benz as good as it can be,I would cool the insults if I were you.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:03 AM

1998 E430
actually I'm on my way out anyway. not into the stuffy uppity attitude. thanks for the input. got better things to bicker about than drag racing a merz.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by azurE430
hey olipervert.....you sound like you like a speed racer punk on the street. maybe its not the car that gets me all the tail.....maybe its the fact that I'm 6'7"....unlike you and the way you run around this forum with your small mans complex you little midget. you sound like you always need to compensate for your small third member and I'm not talking about what your driveline bolts up to. compared to you I probably do live in the sticks unlike you, shacked up with your boyfriend ya little a$$ munching pip sqeak. why don't you get a real mustang ?? instead of your little glorified pinto?, must be the only mustang you can see over the dash in. lol........its midgets like you that keep me always taking it to the bank. thank you ....I know its a big sacrifice but I want to thank you. you make life easy for guys like me. we make money off all your "issues"......keep it going ....keep it going ...show us all how short you are. I bet you paid someone to do all your work and ya got like 50k into a 3500 dollar poop box. I like the way all these other people are clowning you also and your stupid "I learned my lesson" answer with your tail between you legs liken a beaten puppy..(a real small one)....heckle! heckle!
????? Im 6'.

I should get a real mustang? Like what? A 72 Boss 351 that makes maybe 300rwhp on a good day? ok.

The only thing I paid for on my mustang was the rear gear setup, the subframe and blower tube welding, and the tune. All assembly was done by my friends and I.

$3500 poop box? A 99 cobra vert with my mileage in stock form is valued at approximately 13k. I have a feeling thats more than what a 98 E430 goes for. Weird huh.

the rest of your post is just weird and there is nothing for me to address.