E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

More Power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by ohlord
since nobody cares what you are concerned about on this forum,I have no worries.What did tommyboy do call in his big brother from up in his kill forum to come to his defense?I always wondered why a forum member was more concerned with what somebody thought about his ricey s4 and now I guess I know.
I have a great life.Now why don't you run back up to your b.s. forum and try to impress them with your most recent kill.
ohlord
I just happened to be browsing through, do you even know what rice is old man? Judging from your post apparently you do not.

My BS forum being? I'm only in it to impress myself, that's all really.
Listen, stick to your out dated boat with an M112, an old dog like you can't have more than 215chp and a water bed ride just to keep you out of the hedge.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
is very easy to recall those numbers and lots of the members here can also recall them.We laugh every time he pops in and the b.s. flows like water.How can anyone forget his famous kills?
As for you. Do you ever offer anything other then X car v.s. Y car posts or defenses of tommyboys claims?You two related or dating?
ohlord
No not at all, but I was at DRT when the car was dyno'd, he happens to be a good friend of mine. I've also driven the car on numerous occasions and can easily vouch for the fact that its stayed right along with my ML55 to triple digits. Simple as that, numerous east coast members saw the car in action against their own cars. I do not care that you don't believe this, I do not need to prove anything to you (Especially to a joke like you), neither does it matter any more as the car is destroyed. Give it a rest old man.

I offer plenty, I provided aid to numerous ML owners both on road and on forums. Not to mention the constant aid and repair of other A4's in NYC.
What do you offer other than criticism and bickering?
Old 01-12-2008, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Except

for the utmost joy achieved in pointing out to other forum members to beware of anything tommyboy has to spew,you can check my posts on this and other forums as to what I have to offer.
90 percent of your posts are kills,considerations of kills, imaginary kills and defense of tommy's kills.
Now please tuck your tail and head back north.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
for the utmost joy achieved in pointing out to other forum members to beware of anything tommyboy has to spew,you can check my posts on this and other forums as to what I have to offer.
90 percent of your posts are kills,considerations of kills, imaginary kills and defense of tommy's kills.
Now please tuck your tail and head back north.
You genuinely amuse me old man . Keep talking out your ***, just keep in mind we're not the only two sick of your garbage, because from a mods point of view you're the one who went completely off topic attacking Tom.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 E430
why?

Oh - and by the way - all 3 of you -

The original question here:

Just got a 99 E430, want more power Hp/ Tq, what are my options?
I'm sure any input would be appreciated

Last edited by naganthunter; 01-12-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:04 PM

1998 E320
Tommy...Why go to audi... What is up with your statement about the cheap interiors of mercs. Mercs DEFINITELY have better interiors than audis ANYDAY. As you know, i no longer own a mercedes. I sold it and bought a 2002 E46 Bmw with sports/premium package. The interior isn't even as high quality as the mercedes. and I test drove many audis, and felt they were EVEN CHEAPER.

In terms of interior.. It's Mercedes>BMW>Audi. In terms of handling it's BMW>AUDI>Mercedes. In terms of 0-60 it's Mercedes>BMW>Audi.

Audis are nice cars and all...but go for the real deal. You'd be better of getting an E36 M3 for the things that you like to do...just don't get anyone killed.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
To the grunt

If your 20 year old brain can unfuzz itself from the ecstasyyou may remember this post from the moderator shortly before banning tommyboy for his far fetched claims and abuse of TOU with his foul mouth and B.S..
RBrenton's

"This is the first time I've had the misfortune of reading this thread, thanks to a heads up.

I can't get past the first 2 pages of this utter nonsense. Tommy, if you have the power gains you claim (completely unsubstantiated), your car will match a 430 engine, so you aren't blowing away CLK430s unless they had no idea you were trying to race (which I suspect is the truth).
You were asked at least 4 times to at least take a moment to list your mods, which were all ignored. Last i heard, you had exhaust and air intake, which we all know will not give the power gains you claim. Now you elude to some mystery turbo kit, which must be custom made for you because nobody else on the planet has one. Perhaps you confused the Vortex for a turbo.

I think your rampant BS is fouling the board and may be a TOU violation, which I will discuss with the admins.

This thread is closed."

Tommy pulled the thread off topic with his derision of the benz.I merely called him on it.
From a mods point of view--we have that above---and it is not I that he is sick of
Old 01-12-2008, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Talk about highjacking a thread...
Old 01-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 E430
Lol

Originally Posted by AMGfan
Talk about highjacking a thread...

x2
Old 01-12-2008, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by Nate
Tommy...Why go to audi... What is up with your statement about the cheap interiors of mercs. Mercs DEFINITELY have better interiors than audis ANYDAY. As you know, i no longer own a mercedes. I sold it and bought a 2002 E46 Bmw with sports/premium package. The interior isn't even as high quality as the mercedes. and I test drove many audis, and felt they were EVEN CHEAPER.

In terms of interior.. It's Mercedes>BMW>Audi. In terms of handling it's BMW>AUDI>Mercedes. In terms of 0-60 it's Mercedes>BMW>Audi.

Audis are nice cars and all...but go for the real deal. You'd be better of getting an E36 M3 for the things that you like to do...just don't get anyone killed.
Whoa, someone's never been inside an Audi my friend. I'll agree on BMW being last even though I'm a big Bimmer fan boy, but do go to any Audi dealer and face facts, out of the German trio Audi is FAR ahead of the competition. Believe me when I say this is purely from an objective point of view. I was just in Silver Star Mercedes yesterday for a sit in the ML63, CL 550 and E63. Pales in comparison to an RS4, S6 and S8 that I had the opportunity to sit in a month ago at Biener Audi.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
You guys need to learn how to stay on topic.

And quit antagonizing other members. Next time it'll be a ban.

This goes to tommy and ohlord.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:30 PM

1998 E320
Originally Posted by Militant-Grunt
Whoa, someone's never been inside an Audi my friend. I'll agree on BMW being last even though I'm a big Bimmer fan boy, but do go to any Audi dealer and face facts, out of the German trio Audi is FAR ahead of the competition. Believe me when I say this is purely from an objective point of view. I was just in Silver Star Mercedes yesterday for a sit in the ML63, CL 550 and E63. Pales in comparison to an RS4, S6 and S8 that I had the opportunity to sit in a month ago at Biener Audi.
You serious? I TEST DROVE MULTIPLE audis lol. Audi is not ahead in the competition, not at all. I have a couple friends that had audis, they all switched to bimmers lol. Drive a bmw, you will see the difference Audi interiors are COMPLETELY ridiculous, (ESPECIALLY THE A4). The one i was in (2004) had these ugly cheap cup holders that came out. And the armrest was interfering with the hand brake. It was just so poorly designed. MOST people would take a bmw over an audi.Lol, anyways. You are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine. The end.

ok, now back to topic 0.0... which was basically covered. TG mentioned the main things to do for enhancements.

Last edited by OldNate; 01-12-2008 at 11:37 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
You serious? I TEST DROVE MULTIPLE audis lol. Audi is not ahead in the competition, not at all. I have a couple friends that had audis, they all switched to bimmers lol. Drive a bmw, you will see the difference Audi interiors are COMPLETELY ridiculous, (ESPECIALLY THE A4). The one i was in (2004) had these ugly cheap cup holders that came out. And the armrest was interfering with the hand brake. It was just so poorly designed. MOST people would take a bmw over an audi.

ok, now back to topic 0.0... which was basically covered. TG mentioned the main things to do for enhancements.
Alright let's take the ML63 for example. Hmm, Cup holders! Painted silver to give appearance of metal. Obscenely thick A pillars (they're just about DOUBLE the width of my W163 ML55) Something about the leather doesn't feel right either, weather it is on the seats or on the dash, just not right to the touch. Controls feel iffy as well. (I'm not even going to go with the new C300 and its spray painted silver instrument cluster)

I have been in numerous BMW's, pre bangle era cars, specifically an 01 E46 330ci / 02 E39 M5 and a 99 M coupe and I wish the interior on the 07's was as good as it was on those early cars.

Telling you, have a more recent sit in these cars, specifically class for class, have a go in a Merc C class then a B8 or B7 A4. E63? Sit in a S6 or RS4. Its just better.

http://blogs.drive.com.au/2007/05/wh...fear_audi.html
Old 01-12-2008, 11:54 PM

1998 E320
Alright let's take the ML63 for example. Hmm, Cup holders! Painted silver to give appearance of metal. Obscenely thick A pillars (they're just about DOUBLE the width of my W163 ML55) Something about the leather doesn't feel right either, weather it is on the seats or on the dash, just not right to the touch. Controls feel iffy as well. (I'm not even going to go with the new C300 and its spray painted silver instrument cluster)

I have been in numerous BMW's, pre bangle era cars, specifically an 01 E46 330ci / 02 E39 M5 and a 99 M coupe and I wish the interior on the 07's was as good as it was on those early cars.

Telling you, have a more recent sit in these cars, specifically class for class, have a go in a Merc C class then a B8 or B7 A4. E63? Sit in a S6 or RS4. Its just better.

http://blogs.drive.com.au/2007/05/wh...fear_audi.html
lol...you are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine. Not going to waste anymore of my time with you.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
lol...you are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine. Not going to waste anymore of my time with you.
I agree as are you, as won't mine.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
militant grunt seems pretty dimwitted.

comparing modified audis to stock mercedes?

Hey guess what, my modified mustang will wipe the floor with every mercedes ever built for road use, but who cares, because the mb is a nicer car.

I had a B5 A4. Nice car for a cheap daily. But the material quality is no where near even the 210. The newer ones have nicer materials but the design is based on ancient architecture.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by Oliverk
militant grunt seems pretty dimwitted.

comparing modified audis to stock mercedes?

Hey guess what, my modified mustang will wipe the floor with every mercedes ever built for road use, but who cares, because the mb is a nicer car.

I had a B5 A4. Nice car for a cheap daily. But the material quality is no where near even the 210. The newer ones have nicer materials but the design is based on ancient architecture.
Early pre-facelift B5 A4's were pretty bad compared to the W210 (I have cloth seats and cloth door cards for instance, that and poor center console buttons and ****ty cupholders), but then again you'd have to compare a W210 to a C5 A6 of its time. Take a 99.5+ A4 to a W210 and the tables turn as interior quality was bumped up a good amount to their higher class cars. (Also 1.8t interior vs 2.8 interior had big differences.)

I'm not dim witted, if you had any reading comprehension skill you'd quickly realize that I was making a point to Oh Lord regarding the tuning potential of the 2.7t. Stock for Stock a good amount of AMG cars are more powerful. I have one you don't need to tell me that. (Though the new RS6 with its V10 TT is going to be unholy.)
Old 01-13-2008, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Early pre-facelift B5 A4's were pretty bad compared to the W210 (I have cloth seats and cloth door cards for instance, that and poor center console buttons and ****ty cupholders), but then again you'd have to compare a W210 to a C5 A6 of its time. Take a 99.5+ A4 to a W210 and the tables turn as interior quality was bumped up a good amount to their higher class cars. (Also 1.8t interior vs 2.8 interior had big differences.)

I'm not dim witted, if you had any reading comprehension skill you'd quickly realize that I was making a point to Oh Lord regarding the tuning potential of the 2.7t. Stock for Stock a good amount of AMG cars are more powerful. I have one you don't need to tell me that. (Though the new RS6 with its V10 TT is going to be unholy.)
to me the a6 was simply a larger a4, interior wise. The pod shifter area sort of wore me down. I did like the constantly lit gauges and the general radio layout, but then again, I can't compare it to my nav radio unit.

They are nice cars, don't get me wrong, but I still wouldn't totally compare them with MB.

The 2.7 is a great engine with a lot of potential, but at the end of the day, with enough mods, even a honda civic can be fast.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Let me state what will happen with the classless Tommy boy:

1. Get an S4, gets a cool air intake, and claims that his car now have at least 450 hp, and can run 0-60 in 2 sec. He might have his ECU hand written too, just as with his former W210. The super tuner will also write "ME-MONKEY" into Tommy forehead, to boot his IQ from 40 to 76.

2. Think everyone on the street want to race him, of course, he'll beat everyone, including the old lady in that 250 years old Buick.

3. Go and brag about his winning streak on every forum.

4. Go and brag about his international business trading on every forum, and how he'll use some profit from these to boot horse power of his Audi to 5000 hp, at 2000 rpm. Will outrun a Buggati, and post video on uDupe.

4.5 At some point, with enough tuning (i.e freeze-intake, larger muffler tip, mixing soy-souce into oil...), Tommy S4 will run 0-60 in negative 3 second (way less than even zero second), unbeatable !!!. He'll have couple donkey vow for it as witness. Video & polygraph will best posted on uDupe as well.

4.7 Tommy reveal his latest finding: if he name his S4 to be Power Of S (POS), his car will gain another 2500 hp. A monkey claiming as POS tuner join in and vow for this. Result is also posted on uDupe.

5. Race with more car on NY street, every car if possible, including hearse

6. Start cutting off people off NY street, since they race w/ him unfairly (stop at red light, turn with signal, these aren't allowed in Tommy boy racing rules). Tommy-the-racer will either cut-off or tail gate them as a way of warning.

7. Eventually, a brother will have enough with him racing the whole NY population, and a Hummer H2 or Denali will ram his POS S4 (just as to his 7000 hp W210) into a tunnel wall, car is totaled

8. Tommy boy will have another life, just as some street cat. He will then go buy a Tata, and trash the S4 as cheap interior on Audi forum. He will ask couple classless mokeys Tata owners to join in trashing the Audi as unreliable and low quality.

8.1 On the way out of the Audi community, Tommy advertises to sell his POS performance parts to forum fellows. Couple people bite, pay for them, but never receive anything. Tommy claim that FedEx makes a mistake, and send parts to the moon instead. He advises them to file small claim to the court of moon.

8.5 A pathetic loser from Tata tribe accidently surf the Audi forum, make a bunch of garbage posts on how Tata can outrun all super cars out there. More uDupe video clip is posted to prove his point. The Tata will run in Formula one, and might as well park at the target line, there's no point to race, since it'll win anyway.

And the whole cycle repeat, until society get lucky, and some brother takes him out for good

Originally Posted by bendx
Just got a 99 E430, want more power Hp/ Tq, what are my options?
Back to the original topic, if you want to boot performance for your E430 w/o trading to another car, might want to try the combination of Green air-filter & ECU chipped. Probably gain around 20-25 hp, and better torque curve.

good times ...

Last edited by zam2000; 01-14-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2002 CLK430
Lmao

Originally Posted by zam2000

1. Get an S4, gets a cool air intake, and claims that his car now have at least 450 hp, and can run 0-60 in 2 sec. He might have his ECU hand written too, just as with his former W210. The super tuner will also write "ME-MONKEY" into Tommy forehead, to boot his IQ from 40 to 76.

2. Think everyone on the street want to race him, of course, he'll beat everyone, including the old lady in that 250 years old Buick.

4. Go and brag about his international business trading on every forum, and how he'll use some profit from these to boot horse power of his Audi to 5000 hp, at 2000 rpm. Will outrun a Buggati, and post video on uDupe.

4.5 At some point, with enough tuning (i.e freeze-intake, larger muffler tip, mixing soy-souce into oil...), Tommy S4 will run 0-60 in negative 3 second (way less than even zero second), unbeatable !!!. He'll have couple donkey vow for it as witness. Video & polygraph will best posted on uDupe as well.

4.7 Tommy reveal his latest finding: if he name his S4 to be Power Of S (POS), his car will gain another 2500 hp. A monkey claiming as POS tuner join in and vow for this. Result is also posted on uDupe.

6. Start cutting off people off NY street, since they race w/ him unfairly (stop at red light, turn with signal, these aren't allowed in Tommy boy racing rules). Tommy-the-racer will either cut-off or tail gate them as a way of warning.

7. Eventually, a brother will have enough with him racing the whole NY population, and a Hummer H2 or Denali will ram his POS S4 (just as to his 7000 hp W210) into a tunnel wall, car is totaled

8. Tommy boy will have another life, just as some street cat. He will then go buy a Tata, and trash the S4 as cheap interior on Audi forum. He will ask couple classless mokeys Tata owners to join in trashing the Audi as unreliable and low quality.

8.1 On the way out of the Audi community, Tommy advertises to sell his POS performance parts to forum fellows. Couple people bite, pay for them, but never receive anything. Tommy claim that FedEx makes a mistake, and send parts to the moon instead. He advises them to file small claim to the court of moon.

8.5 A pathetic loser from Tata tribe accidently surf the Audi forum, make a bunch of garbage posts on how Tata can outrun all super cars out there. More uDupe video clip is posted to prove his point. The Tata will run in Formula one, and might as well park at the target line, there's no point to race, since it'll win anyway.

And the whole cycle repeat, until society get lucky, and some brother takes him out for good

Back to the original topic, if you want to boot performance for your E430 w/o trading to another car, might want to try the combination of Green air-filter & ECU chipped. Probably gain around 20-25 hp, and better torque curve.

good times ...

Zam that was a great lil rant.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Almost a Member!

1999 E430
Omg!

How long did it take us to get to this answer - yours is post #45?? THANK YOU ZAM!!!

Now for a question or three....

1. What is a "green air filter?" Just the simple one below?

2. What ECU chip do you recommend?

3. What type of effect will this have on fuel economy? I'd imagine adverse, but hey, here's to hoping...

Last edited by naganthunter; 01-15-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Did

Did the hummer or denali have xenons?AS in the case of the mystery engined 6 banger

Last edited by ohlord; 01-15-2008 at 12:52 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Keep

the stock filter.Get chipped at kleemann,true custom dual exhaust with cross over pipe,kleemann headers 2 grand,C coated in and out.Kleemann SC with intergrated cooler, about 20G installed if you can find one.
The list can go on for as long as you desire and as long as your wallet can keep up V12 brabus conversions,carbon fiber body panels,LS differentials.........
ohlord
Old 01-15-2008, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro

good times ...
His S4 will be tuned by SSP Tuning with conjunction with Autospeed/ Stasis / other high quality components, far better parts than your S Class will ever see.

Was Ricky's warning not clear enough for you?
Old 01-15-2008, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Originally Posted by naganthunter
1. What is a "green air filter?" Just the simple one below?

2. What ECU chip do you recommend?

3. What type of effect will this have on fuel economy? I'd imagine adverse, but hey, here's to hoping...
1. Yes, look like that's the one. I bought mine from performance auto part, if you search around on the forum, you'll see reference to it. It allows for better air flow, and don't seem to have much oil problem as the K&N. Some people like K&N more though

2. I had mine done by Upsolute, a company based in Europe. The performance gain is quite noticable at the low end rpm (grunt). Their customer services is horrible, however. I would recommend PowerChip, very professional customer service. Price was in the $400 range couple years ago, don't know now. I don't think it affect the emission or anything else at all.

3. What the ECU programming is that it help the torque and horse power curve, instead of gaining in tq/hp, so acceleration & passing seem to come from larger engine. Absolute gain in torque/hp is usually not much with normal engine when you do ECU tuning, unless your car is turbo or super charge. Suprisingly, gas mileage seem to be better for me, I gain around 2 mpg with majority freeway driving, like I said, because of better power at lower rpm & crusing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: More Power