E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

More Power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 E320
Originally Posted by Oliverk
take MB's nuts out of your eyes, because your brand loyal non-sense is just ignorant.
I'd like for you to say that in a few years. since separation of Mercedes and Chrysler, many have predicted a good future for Mercedes.

I'm sorry but I refuse to give credit to a motor company that makes changing something as simple as a thermostat an all-day job. That not only doesn't make a customer's life simpler, rather it complicates things and makes a repair more costly than it really should be. Think about it, it makes perfect sense.

Say you were driving down the road and you saw your temp gauge go up. first and cheapest thing to change is the thermostat. Imagine how you'd feel for all the work you have to do to get to the damn thing. I'd go get my thermostat at the dealer and slap it on there in 5 minutes.

Also the M104 is the only Mercedes engine that is known to have head gasket problem. so you can't go on and say audi has better quality because one mercedes engine tends to sometimes have this problem.

I do agree with one thing that Mercedes quality did go down when they merged with Chrysler. But when Mercedes is good, it's not easy to beat.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Originally Posted by bendx
Just got a 99 E430, want more power Hp/ Tq, what are my options?
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208/120769-my-supercharger-0-a.html

Other than that the AMG 43 has cams that differ from the 430 and it produces 300 hp at flywheel.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 E320
Originally Posted by koskesh
I'd like for you to say that in a few years. since separation of Mercedes and Chrysler, many have predicted a good future for Mercedes.

I'm sorry but I refuse to give credit to a motor company that makes changing something as simple as a thermostat an all-day job. That not only doesn't make a customer's life simpler, rather it complicates things and makes a repair more costly than it really should be. Think about it, it makes perfect sense.

Say you were driving down the road and you saw your temp gauge go up. first and cheapest thing to change is the thermostat. Imagine how you'd feel for all the work you have to do to get to the damn thing. I'd go get my thermostat at the dealer and slap it on there in 5 minutes.

Also the M104 is the only Mercedes engine that is known to have head gasket problem. so you can't go on and say audi has better quality because one mercedes engine tends to sometimes have this problem.

I do agree with one thing that Mercedes quality did go down when they merged with Chrysler. But when Mercedes is good, it's not easy to beat.
Don't get me wrong, audis are good cars. But they do lack a lot of the things mercs have. Trust me, i'm not biased towards car companies. I don't even OWN a mercedes anymore, I have a BMW now and I will admit that in general, the quality of mercs are better than BMWs. Mercs also have a nicer ride. I have many friends with audis, they all dislike them and most have sold them for BMW/Mercedes vehicles. They have had SO many problems with them mechanically making them not very reliable. And their designs are horrible. I previously mentioned the arm rest being in the way of everything, but on top of that, the 04 I drove had a little butt crack massager. Whenever you'd make a turn, the crevice would spread apart making it quite uncomfortable...unless those kind of things make you happy. Cup holders were horrible, everything was worse than plastic...it was THIN plastic..