E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

What do i need to update look?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 02:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W210
P.s.

I am only paying for materials on for paint. All of the labor, booth charges, & man hours are free.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S430
if you got a good body guy save yourself the money and just do a hybrid of the new sport bumper and the old one. A good shop could easily pull it off. The sides and the rear is pretty much a bolt on affair so that will be easier.

it will save you changing out all the parts / paint in the front end and you can just do the bumper. I personally like the look better. Someone else did pretty much what you want to do to your car already. AXL , you might have seen this thread .

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w210/172160-axl-z-black-lady-deutschlaaand.html

I say do whatever makes you happy not everything is cost effective plus you can do it over time , if you have to sell your car and buy a new one that will be all the money in one shot , and it won't be your creation.

If 19's are ok with you I got a source for $795 for the set knockoffs , If you want to spend a little more I'd go 20's with the Monet Art Decos (they look just like monoblocks and in 20" they look great , chrome or silver)

For the Mufflers you can do magnaflows or ebay or even just get a set of nice tips to have welded on with a pass pipe.

If you plan it out you can get it done for a decent price and the final product will be really nice. We all know the w210 is still a really nice car to this day and when it was released it was way ahead of its time. I still see them on the road and think how nice the car still looks after all these years. Plus this is a w210 forum and I for one appeciate someone breathing life into these great cars.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W210
Originally Posted by illmeth0d
if you got a good body guy save yourself the money and just do a hybrid of the new sport bumper and the old one. A good shop could easily pull it off. The sides and the rear is pretty much a bolt on affair so that will be easier.

it will save you changing out all the parts / paint in the front end and you can just do the bumper. I personally like the look better. Someone else did pretty much what you want to do to your car already. AXL , you might have seen this thread .

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=172160

I say do whatever makes you happy not everything is cost effective plus you can do it over time , if you have to sell your car and buy a new one that will be all the money in one shot , and it won't be your creation.

If 19's are ok with you I got a source for $795 for the set knockoffs , If you want to spend a little more I'd go 20's with the Monet Art Decos (they look just like monoblocks and in 20" they look great , chrome or silver)

For the Mufflers you can do magnaflows or ebay or even just get a set of nice tips to have welded on with a pass pipe.

If you plan it out you can get it done for a decent price and the final product will be really nice. We all know the w210 is still a really nice car to this day and when it was released it was way ahead of its time. I still see them on the road and think how nice the car still looks after all these years. Plus this is a w210 forum and I for one appeciate someone breathing life into these great cars.
Its nice to have someone know what your talking about and some knowledgeable (is that even a word) input on the idea. I didnt even think about axl's front bumper but i kind of like that idea, just gotta talk to my guy and see what the best way would be. I do live in boston so i am worried about durability etc.

I was looking at monet wheels for a while now, i believe its the same company that produces tsw and correct me if i am wrong but they are also 2 piece wheels.

The whole car will be getting painted because of small rust, scratches, dings, road chips, most of the things you would expect from a car this age. I have also talked to the exhaust shop we have been using for years (lou's custom exhaust) and he has no doubts he can successfully pull off what i want with the almost exact sound (duals with a sound clip from this site, thanks guys).
Old 11-08-2008, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S430
Originally Posted by BJAFARI93
Its nice to have someone know what your talking about and some knowledgeable (is that even a word) input on the idea. I didnt even think about axl's front bumper but i kind of like that idea, just gotta talk to my guy and see what the best way would be. I do live in boston so i am worried about durability etc.
A good shop can fuse the two plastics together with a special plastic weld that should hold up as good as factory. There is a special adhesive / bond you have to use that virtually welds the two surfaces together. Commerical autobody products have come along way with repairing plastic bumpers since almost every modern car has them.

Not sure about the TSW , I know they have them at superbuytires.com you can probably get a better price. I think for the money the 19's are a better value.