E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

NEED a POSI DIFFERENTIAL LIMITED SLIP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 02:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 W210 E55, CLK 63, S65, Infinity Qx56, Taurus SHO - all heavy moded, Porsche Cayenne Turbo stock
PhantomGrip makes a LSD for W210 cars
Old 11-04-2008, 03:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
"I see now that my thought"

Hey you have a thought
were you part of that post which migrated one week from him asking everyone and his brother what springs and shocks to get and could he do his own alignment to jumping over here and being an expert and advising a member going to pro springs 1.4 inch drop before pads that he would not need to install camber kits at neg 2.5 degrees.Look at my posts,kid.I help people that need help.Check 99% of my posts,come to my home shop,attend one of my tutorial classes,get a tool from me and the diy tips on how best to use it.But please don't come around trying to impress anyone with your indignation over no positraction in a modern Mercedes.And most definitely don't underestimate my experience.

Complete Moron?You are getting close to the page full of babbling cuss words.
Allusions to supercars don't have to be implicitly stated when one makes a comment like this
"I did have the computer reprogrammed add it adds 40HP and 80TQ. Once I reinstalled it there was a big improvement. I'm now fighting a fuel problem, I'm getting air bubles in my lines. When it does not get air in, the power is quite impressive for what the motor is. I can spin the one tire from a stop with ease now about two car legnths" legnths?
Surely,they must have taught you to use spell check at whatever night school you received your design degree.
Maybe they even taught you that your car is powered by an engine not a motor.
Where do they pass out diplomas these days,the candy store?
Your'e 40 and still trying to figure out how to make your daily driver 174 hp diesel chirp rubber (both tires,Excuuse me)
You toss around insults like moron,and dry rot tires,and lack of automotive knowledge.Yes,I am older than you. At 58 old enough to be your father(there was that indiscretion with that pretty donkey )
However at 17 I was winning races in real cars I built and still win races in real cars I build.And hearsayfrom other members will attest that quite a few of us have more than a passing knowledge of automotive performance.Very few are lethargic commuters trying to chirp rubber in their sub 175 hp diesels

It's not a question of if,it's just a matter of when you go ballistic and really show us how immature you are,and stomp your feet and start challenging me to a race to which you will never show up.Or the above mentioned page full of rantings.
btw it's misuse not miss use and I'm sure that if you took high school english you at least learned that.

Nowhere in nyc to get on a dyno?Give me a break,I was born in Brooklyn raised in Elmont.Ask any member on almost any performace forum and you will have a list an arm long of tuner shops that will gladly prove to you that the numbers you think you are making from speedtuning are just that numbers.$225 you got a deal Even they say no boost increase is needed.Even an idiot would question how they increased torque 33% by doing nothing.Get it on a dyno or better yet at 320 ft lbs and over 220 h.p. you should be running in the 14's.Show us a slip.Better yet show us the dyno slip from the 4.6 at 500 h.p.
or are those speedtuning numbers also because you can't find a dyno cheap enough on the Island?

This is me in 1967 at age 17, NHRA 1967 Springnationals L2 modified stock record 1957 Belair Convertible. My second car.And, yes it had a posi,it really needed one 4.10
wow that was 41 years ago ,maybe that donkey episode was no joke
:bow

p.s. "crazily expensive ECU" A rusty 300td is only about 8grand if you think an ECU for it is crazily expensive You need to budget some money for the transmission you are going to need soon,Son
and if Phantomgrip makes an LSD for the small pumpkin w210 which they don't
it would run over 5bills plus professional installation ,I would recommend that (since you are not) and it would void the warranty.That would be crazily expensive also
Attached Thumbnails NEED a POSI DIFFERENTIAL LIMITED SLIP-nationals1.jpg  

Last edited by ohlord; 11-04-2008 at 05:20 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Wait

wait.Hold the presses
He's starting up! gaining speed,almost off the ground.

I quote LFB
"you are a COMPLETE MORON!!!"
"I simply have to ask, HOW DO YOU GET THRU EVERY DAY BEING SO NARROW MINDED, INGNORANT, AND FOR THE LACK OF A BETTER WORD...STUPID!!!
Ohlord Please sit back and let this little bunny from Caerbannog have at you, it would end all that missery obviously in your misserable life."

it's miserable you really need to do something with that spelling.Did you get a GED or a Degree?

If you retire in ten years to have fun with your family,travel the world,enjoy your passions of racing and car building and call that a miserable life,I pity you.I'm enjoying it immensely.

Come on kid you have to do better than that.At least Tommyboy had old man and his collection of spare parts,and laid down challenges to all comers.Maybe you could even post a link to a youtube video of that diesel chirping its tires on some wet leaves
If you want the Crown earn it,SON.

ohlord
p.s.
Obviously the reason Mercedes moved away from LSD was to employ systems more advanced in the new age of computer aided abs asr esp etc.so boy racers like you don't wrap themselves around walls like tommy did.
you would note if you looked that the models having real performance capabilities still have LSD with 40% lock up, or can be ordered as option.
Your diesel just did not hack it,sorry you were dumbfounded

I notice you are also over on benzworld insulting members .Wanting Real knowledge And getting P off and what does The moderator know if his diesel is not a turbo(he knew what the IFI circuit was) Your other vehicle that you have on this forum is a 500 h.p. 4.6 liter over there on benzworld it was your 4.6 liter F150 pickumup truck that you no longer own.
over here you get offended when I say try to chirp your tires two car lengths,
over on benzworld it's " I've gotten some strong chip out of my rear tires."

I'll just assume with your literary skills you meant to spell Chirp,and it seemed like you were a proud little birdySpin /chirp same thing when your'e trying to turn a bone stock diesel into a loud bone stock diesel

Last edited by ohlord; 11-04-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:47 AM

2002 E430 Sport
lowflyingbird:what will ohlord come back with next...oh wait, he will ask you if you've ever installed spark plugs!
Old 11-04-2008, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

WB

Nope ,that one was only left for noobs like you.Even as clueless as LFB is as the new contender to the tommyboy crown,he at least understands the merits of a cold air intake.
And probably should have the Knowledge that his 300td has glow plugs and not spark plugs,which automotive experts like you who know all about about toggling camber so they can create toe,don't have a clue exist.
You proved you are way in over your head so I really don't understand why you want to keep digging deeper.
You've hitched your wagon to the wrong star.
You fought your own battle and were found lacking.Let him have his time.Come up with more than numbers from speedtuning and mumbo jumbo about not being able to get any cheap dyno time in new york
Here is a guy that claims to be a product designer,has buddies that are all degreed engineers and in his own words* " hotrodded more cars that many car shows, including turbos and supercharged vehicles". *bw10-10-08
10-04-08 speedtuning ecu not arrived yet
10-08-08 still asking how to raise boost
10-10-08 running 25 lbs. of boost out of a stock 300td turbo Cha right
And he can't find a dyno to check and tune the numbers on a 300td.
and a month into it can't figure out how to get air out of the system,so he can manage to chirp more than two whole car lengths why I bet you can almost do that.

ohlord

Last edited by ohlord; 11-04-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E300DT
Yeah, the spark plug comment is probably soon

He is really reaching out on a limb.
By the way, where did I ever say that I sold my F150? It is in my driveway and I have no intention of selling it.

As far as whatever you were talking about in terns of suspension, It was not me. And, I might make grammar errors in my fast typing. But your posts for the most part are not understandable. You swing from one thing directly into another, with no way for the reader to follow.

I also did not lash into the other forums moderator. I had asked a couple question, his answers were always in absolutes, just like yours are. (Remember how damn sure you were about gear ratio?)
What I did do is push the fact that he has a non turbo diesel, but was answering me as if he had a turbo vehicle, and was talking from experience. His response to that inquiry was that in fact he did not have experience with turbos.

SO ONCE AGAIN, for what now the fifth time? You have mis quoted me, made up something that is simply not true (my truck), and I'm now starting to thing you possibly could be intoxicated while posting. Not that there is anything wrong with that, But the points that your trying to make at times can not be understood.

Anyway, YOUR STILL A MORON

PS, My truck has spark plugs. and, I didn't say car shows YOU DOLT!!!
STOP TRYING TO QUOTE ME, IT'S GETTING PAINFUL TO CORRECT YOU SO MUCH.
ALSO, I don't work on my car every day. I ACTUALLY DO HAVE A LIFE!!
I would also rather get useful info from someone, which I have here, than change every single part in a system.

Last edited by Lowflyingbird; 11-04-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 E220T CDI Avantgarde, 2002 E55T AMG
oh my god.. shut up already you wussies...

judging from this thread you are both MORONS fighting like kids in the kinder garden. Let us all just get along and be friends
Old 11-04-2008, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

To wit

Matts post
and I quote
"You can increase the boost by reprogramming the IFI computer. I probably would not do it (if it were even possible on my E300), but others seem to like it.
Note that increasing the boost by itself will not increase your power output, as it would with a gasser."

Need I post your terse reply? Where you inform him of the rather obvious since he already pointed it out in his( ) post. And then go on by trying to impress him that you have hottrodded more cars than many car shows

Yes, Son your truck has spark plugs.Did I tell your fan boy it did not?
I informed him that you probably were aware that your 300td had glow plugs and that at least made you one up on him.So you should feel good that I gave you a pat on the back,before I sent you up to bedNay goodnight to your mom as you go past her door.

I make myself pretty clear.I don't drink.If you really need to be embarrassed I will post the link to the forum posting where you said "car shows".If I quote someone I quote someone.http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210...ost-raise.html post #10
"

and typing fast is no excuse for words like miss use and legnth those are just proof of maybe a K-12 education.Just maybe
Seems like you are pretty sensitive about that word
maybe when you go off on your rant you can type a whole page real loud all in caps,real slowly so you spell it correctly.moron,moron,moron

"I simply needed more performance after letting my previous vehicle go"
Is that the F150 or do you have other previous vehicles in your possesion

Last edited by ohlord; 11-04-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 S210 3.8L Brabus wagon
I like Norway. It is a great place to visit. Glad to see the Benz interest there. Do any of your friends have limited slip set ups in their W210s? Just curious. Brabus motor tuned W210 models only came in rear drive and with limited slip. It is three grand for them to set it up. One could not buy a 4matic set up with a Brabus tuned motor. At least that was the case last time I had spoken with Andreas Hartman, sales manager, in Newport Beach, Brabus HQ in North America. He is a great and friendly resource if you ever need it. The one thing I miss in the W210 that my W124 had was hill holding ability when stopped. I guess that is the difference between price point building and build to a standard then price to cost. Have a great day.

Ps. for those that do not **** him off Oh Lord and Rbrenton and Mark Cummins have alot to offer to this forum. I for one thank you all for past help. It has saved more than a few dollars in just the last few months alone.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

And before I forget Raymond G has also offered a lot of useful help to me as well and has good advice to offer. I am sure there are more.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Who

died and left the guy in Norway in charge?just kidding Norway
Every once in awhile a thread comes along that generates some jousting and banter.Don't worry it will all end in a good natured laugh or a huge blow up and threats of thrashings or incoherent rantings or street race challenges or youtube videos of an L.I. 300td trying to break traction, and maybe even a banning to the time out box for the O.P.
It's all just fun
ohlord
ejsheltra,
Thanks for the props
we all try

Last edited by ohlord; 11-04-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:57 PM

I just think this "discussion" got a bit carried away......
Old 11-04-2008, 02:28 PM

2004 e320 and 99 e320 wagon
this thread makes me want to trade my wagon for a 300td.....i love it.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:47 PM

actually, a 300TD is a wagon......

The first T stands for Touring (Wagon)
The D stands for Diesel
and the second T stands for Turbo..

So a 300TD is a wagon with a 3liter diesel engine without turbo.
a 300TDT is a wagon with a 3liter diesel engine WITH turbo
a 300DT is a sedan with a 3liter diesel engine with turbo

and a 300TDT+ is a 3liter turbocharged cdi wagon with manual gearbox. a 300tdta+ will be the same, but with an automatic gearbox.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:55 PM

'99 E430, '05 ML500, '15 GLK350
Originally Posted by Semikolon
oh my god.. shut up already you wussies...

judging from this thread you are both MORONS fighting like kids in the kinder garden. Let us all just get along and be friends
The difference is that kids would have gotten tired and moved on already.

Don't forget to interrupt your quarrel long enough to visit the polls. Republicans vote today, Democrats tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Unless

you live on the West coast.Then if you are a Republican you vote on the first Tuesday after the first full moon in October and if you are a Democrat living on the East coast you vote the first Tuesday after the fall equinox.
That's the latest news according to Fox news service

Back into the sand box

and a
2001 E220T CDI Avantgarde
is a really cool looking wagon that gets really good km's per diesel

Last edited by ohlord; 11-04-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:16 PM

E300DT
OK, I'll drop it... it's getting old anyway

Just for your info though Ohlord, my previous vehicle was a 98 Lincoln Mark VIII. Posi added.

Lowflyingbird
Old 11-04-2008, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by ohlord

and a
2001 E220T CDI Avantgarde
is a really cool looking wagon that gets really good km's per diesel

About 0,55liters per kilometer on long distance driving doing between 80 and 110km/t

and yes, the avantgarde wagon looks really good

This is my car

It's a bit old pictures though.. I also have blue brake calipers. This makes the car go at least twice as fast! NO JOKE!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:53 PM

99' E320 4MATIC ESTATE / 92' 190E 2.6
lowflyingbird must have fallen out of a tree. Ohlord, you are too good and wise to banter with a 40 year old adolescent. The title, newbie says it all. If you really want to tweak on a diesel more power/get it?/ to you. I have yet to see The adolescent offering up his wisdom. it seems more like he is offering up his exagerations. Ohlord is good. Ohlord is wise. LFB should just fly away...
Old 11-04-2008, 03:55 PM

W210 W140
LFB,
Check out www.mercedesshop.com . There are a bunch of diesel hotrodders on there. There are some guys from Finland that have gotten over 300-400 hp with their OM606 engines.
Here's a link for a timeslip of an E300 that ran a 1/4-mile in 11.46 seconds: http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...slip-6881.html
Here's another link of a guy that modified his OM606 fuel pump with 7 mm pistons and has a Holset HX40W turbo: http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p...nt=skannaa.jpg
You can modify the 606 engine, but it takes time and cash. Good luck.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:38 PM

E300DT
Thanks for the info EdzBenz

Nice to see that there are some people here who are knowledgable, and like to offer assistance rather than degredation. I'm not at all surprised that those who had real information to share actually OWNED a diesel.
While those of you who responded only to put down the diesel, seem to all own E320 and E320 wagons. Funny to be hearing about performance related issues from someone who drives a wagon with the smallest gas engine.

If your now about to respond about my diesel being even smaller, know that I bought it primarily for it's fuel economy and known longevity. I decided to buy the diesel only after driving a friends 87 300 I6 turbo diesel, which has some modification done to it, gets great economy, and really moves well. Economy does not mean that you have to drive a snail, or a vehicle which one would not like. If that were the case I would have bought some FWD econocrap.

Keep in mind that I never claimed to have a race car, super car, rally car, or even show a sign of wishing to race this car. It's just that losing traction thru one wheel upon takeoff, only to have the computer compensate by slowing the car down even more does not appeal to me. I only wished to gain better traction thru installing a limited slip differential.

I thank those of you who mentioned the other aftermarket companies, but looking into them I felt that their products were either way out of a reasonable budget for this mod or too skimpy looking and cheap. I'm going to get under my friends car soon, I want to see what Mercedes put into his car. If a 190e had a limited slip, I think that his might also. I've seen several pics of 190e diffs for sale, it's a possibility. Many Mercedes diffs share very close design. If it measures out to be an option, I think I can hunt one down.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SLOPESTAR

We made peace.I pulled his leg ,he pulled mine and you will note he mentioned that above.Also his nice previous ride
So all is well and solutions can once again rain down on the land.
Ed they were already pointed to the performance diesel section in my post on benzworld.org that mercedesshop diesel section has a great bunch of members and a few wild ones from Europe.
http://mercedesshop.com/shopforum/fo...play.php3?f=15

Now if what_boost would make peace I could sleep at night

Last edited by ohlord; 11-04-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No Rob, there has always to be one. It is what keeps us sharp. Just like a good family doctor who sleeps light from being on call half his life waiting for one of his kids to need him in the night. Enjoy the challenge
Old 11-12-2008, 12:13 PM

New buyer
Wow, I thought I had accidentally stumbled in to a Mustang forum when I read this thread. Poor guy asks for help and gets bashed... Would have been an interesting thread if it was kept on topic.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
If you were loooking to drive like an adolescent, why the hell would you buy a diesel mercedes?

Go get a 335i BMW or something.

And thats coming from the owner of a 700rwhp cobra.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEED a POSI DIFFERENTIAL LIMITED SLIP