E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

99 W210 Bushings...ALL of Them

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 E430
99 W210 Bushings...ALL of Them

After new tires and shocks all around, I still have some harsh ride issues. When I was installing the front shocks, I noticed that virtually every bushing within sight was completely eaten up. I'd like to go ahead and replace all of the bushings front and rear, while I may go ahead and put some H&R sway bars on at the same time. My question is this: if I'm going parts shopping online, I only want to do this once. Can anyone give me a complete list of what bushings (or components - like end links - where bushings can't simply be exchanged) I will need to complete the job? The last thing I want to do is tear it down, only to find that I've omitted one or two, and they aren't available locally.

Measure twice, cut once, right??

Thanks, guys.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,045 Likes on 968 Posts
1999 E300TD
Yep!!

Last edited by Plutoe; 02-26-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 E430
Originally Posted by Plutoe
why rely on others for your grunt work---subscribe to the free MB EPC and learn about your car and locate the bushings yourself!!
Really? You took the time to offer that response? Pardon me...I thought that's what this forum was for - those who need information can learn from those who have it. I'm not above looking for information or figuring something out on my own. I've changed my own brakes and shocks on this car, addressed climate control issues, cleaned clogged EGRs...and any of this experience I would gladly share with anyone who asked. It would be one thing if I was asking a question that has been asked and answered again and again on the board, but that's not the case. My point is to find the info from someone who has done this before, because if I'm looking it up myself, there's a good chance that I may overlook something.

If you don't know the answer, please don't corrupt the message chain for those who will come behind you to add to or glean from this thread.

Last edited by Njsanders1; 02-26-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2001 E430, 2002 ML55
http://www.parts.com/parts/2001/Merc...12&searchText=

I use the above link for quick searches and diagrams for our cars. If part numbers are needed then WIS is your best bet. I could look but can't guarantee that I'll get every single bushing. I need to do a bunch as well but mostly in rear.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
98 Brilliant Silver E320 Wagon
I'm not aware of list specific to your model/year but you can join EPC-net ( https://epc.startekinfo.com/epc/home.jsp ) and between inspecting your car's undercarriage and EPC-net you should be able to make a list with part numbers. To join you will need to supply a valid US credit/debit card (for confirmation purposes only) but it's otherwise free. You'll also need to install Java to make the site work.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:25 AM

2001 E430, 2002 ML55
Originally Posted by RichardM98
I'm not aware of list specific to your model/year but you can join EPC-net ( https://epc.startekinfo.com/epc/home.jsp ) and between inspecting your car's undercarriage and EPC-net you should be able to make a list with part numbers. To join you will need to supply a valid US credit/debit card (for confirmation purposes only) but it's otherwise free. You'll also need to install Java to make the site work.
I've tried to sign up for this website but have always failed to complete the registration part. Any tips?

It's been a while since I tried last so I'll try it again later today.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,045 Likes on 968 Posts
1999 E300TD
Originally Posted by Njsanders1
Really? You took the time to offer that response? Pardon me...I thought that's what this forum was for - those who need information can learn from those who have it. I'm not above looking for information or figuring something out on my own. I've changed my own brakes and shocks on this car, addressed climate control issues, cleaned clogged EGRs...and any of this experience I would gladly share with anyone who asked. It would be one thing if I was asking a question that has been asked and answered again and again on the board, but that's not the case. My point is to find the info from someone who has done this before, because if I'm looking it up myself, there's a good chance that I may overlook something.

If you don't know the answer, please don't corrupt the message chain for those who will come behind you to add to or glean from this thread.

Well dude I see you are finally getting the message---remember measure twice
Old 02-27-2014, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
98 Brilliant Silver E320 Wagon
Originally Posted by SerbNerd
I've tried to sign up for this website but have always failed to complete the registration part. Any tips?

It's been a while since I tried last so I'll try it again later today.
The site wasn't working for a while a few months back but seems fine lately. I think the default browser is Internet Explorer but Firefox works for me.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:57 PM

2001 E430, 2002 ML55
Originally Posted by RichardM98
The site wasn't working for a while a few months back but seems fine lately. I think the default browser is Internet Explorer but Firefox works for me.
Got it to work! Dont have to use my VM anymore to look up part numbers. Thanks