E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Gruppe M Carbon Intake on my Benz…Yeah...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 E430 Avantgarde
Gruppe M Carbon Intake on my Benz…Yeah...

Hello guys. As you know from my previous posts here, I do some reports about interesting mods that I add to my car. After modding exhaust system, changing front brake system, air flow sensor (I installed proper bosch maf for m113 V8 engine), and some interesting mods which i’ve already done with my car, i was going to upgrade my car’s air intake system.

There are many solutions online how to mod your car’s intake system. Some say that it is proper to install aluminium tube with cone filter and that’s all. Some say that you must put your filter under the front bumper, close to the fog lamp to get true cold air and e.t.c.

Doing this job, first goal for me was to get more cold air for my engine, I know that more effective cold air and more effective exhaust system allows car to breath better and it’s = more hp, better performance. P.S. Also Ecu tuning has a big meaning in this job. Also I didn’t want to modify my cars intake system so that it has a whole custom look, I prefer factory look or brand parts (which aren’t cheap).

My car is 00 E430 with factory 279HP 400NM V8 M113.940 E43 engine. But it has the same air intake setup as W210 E320, E280, E240, and I think it isn’t right. Other side on W208 this engine already has 2 tubing intake (AMG style). For Example E430 has 109 hp more than e240 and both them have same air intake setup…. ‘’Mercedes Marketing’’. Same filter, same air box, same tubing, only M113 MAF is bigger. That’s why I decided to modify it to open my engines potential.

Before starting report about new intake install. I want to talk about air filters. On my car after removing cats and resonator, I installed AFE Magnum Pro dry S air filter, it is drop air filter. Against to the stock man filter I want to say that there was 0 difference in performance. I paid about 70$ for this filter without shipping, and get no gains in performance. I haven’t done any dynos and e.t.c. but I can feel my car, and it’s truly that this filter didn’t work for me. (P.S. I've this filter for sale now, if anyone is interested PM).

Many years ago I read online that Gruppe M makes awesome intake systems. As i know they are oriented on BMW’s but also have some stuff for Mercedes. So I started to search Gruppe M intake for my car. Also i know that there is installed rechargeable K&N air filter inside of carbon fibre box. After long searching i finally found one whole setup which was for sale in my country – Georgia. It was installed on BMW E39 which was imported here from Japan. Only thing about i warried was will it fit to my Air flow sensor housing? When i met to seller we measured everything and it fitted perfectly, everything was bolt on, i only have to make mounting piece of steel longer to mount the carbon fiber box to my car.

Two days ago we installed this Gruppe M intake on my car and what a difference. When i fired up my engine after installing and push my accelerator, i feel that car idles more easy, accelerator is sharper and what a sound it makes…. Superb…. Then we went on a test drive. The seller was with me and when i did kick down the esp lamp was blinking even on 70km/h. On lower gears car speens it 18 inch wheels like crazy, even with esp turn on. So i am very pleased with this mode. Online some guys say that Gruppe M doesn’t add performance on car, exactly same told me the seller, but when we were driving in my E430 with this intake installed he told that he wasn’t right about Gruppe M’s performance abilities.

ON E39:

On W210:

Furure Mods: 82 MM trottle body, E55 Cams, and Ecu tuning...

Last edited by autopressagency; 02-23-2016 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
87 190e 2.3-16v Cosworth; 2000 E320 Saloon
Looks good, but where are you pulling the cooler air from or is it just allowing the car to breathe a little better? I'm not bashing, just asking for informative purposes. It seems to still be pulling engine air (still warm) just getting more of it.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:43 PM

W210 E430 Avantgarde
Originally Posted by R2dMax
Looks good, but where are you pulling the cooler air from or is it just allowing the car to breathe a little better? I'm not bashing, just asking for informative purposes. It seems to still be pulling engine air (still warm) just getting more of it.

This is a factory hole. From here cold air goes to the engine. Inside this hole under the hood near the headlamp is mounted plastic coupler which connects it to the lower air box. I've modified this plastic piece such that when car moves cold air hits straight to the intake and then goes to the engine ☺
Old 02-24-2016, 10:57 AM

Niiiiiiice!! Now I want one! Always interested in

Old 02-24-2016, 11:36 AM

W210 E430 Avantgarde

Niiiiiiice!! Now I want one! Always interested in

😁

Last edited by autopressagency; 02-24-2016 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by autopressagency

😁

Old 02-25-2016, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
1996 E320, 2018 Ducati Panigale V4S, 2012 1199 Panigale
Old 02-26-2016, 08:00 AM

W210 E430 Avantgarde
Guys Here is the sound of my E430, with this mode:

Old 02-26-2016, 11:26 AM

sounds good. I could hear the intake when you pulled up and stopped/ The car looks nice - wheels, ride height, etc. Not feeling the trunk wing but I do like the front lip. What is it?
Old 02-26-2016, 12:12 PM

W210 E430 Avantgarde
sounds good. I could hear the intake when you pulled up and stopped/ The car looks nice - wheels, ride height, etc. Not feeling the trunk wing but I do like the front lip. What is it?
Thanks man. Front is brabus lip.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:05 PM

W210 E430 Avantgarde
Here are some news about mine:
1) Added some triks for more cold air;
2) Made mounting bracket of the Gruppe M;
3) Finally made the heat shield, which is very important for me.
Here is the setup:

Info about my next mods coming soon... (E55 Cams + 82MM M272 T/B)

Last edited by autopressagency; 03-31-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2001 E430, 2002 ML55
Guys Here is the sound of my E430, with this mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjwAeahfpk
What have you done to the exhaust? I have a resonator delete / x pipe and it doesn't sounds as crisp and awesome!
The following users liked this post:
autopressagency (04-01-2016)
Old 04-01-2016, 02:53 AM

W210 E430 Avantgarde
SerbNerd

Hello. Here is the setup how my exhaust setup looks:

This is my friends modded C32 AMG... My E430's setup looks like this, all cats deleted and resonator deleted, they are replaced with SS straight pipes. As i remember the cats are replaced with 60mm tubes and on the place of resonator there is installed 70mm tube on my car. As you can see i have no X pipe, i have Y pipe + AMG Back Box with 1 inlet tube.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2001 E430, 2002 ML55
SerbNerd

Hello. Here is the setup how my exhaust setup looks:

This is my friends modded C32 AMG... My E430's setup looks like this, all cats deleted and resonator deleted, they are replaced with SS straight pipes. As i remember the cats are replaced with 60mm tubes and on the place of resonator there is installed 70mm tube on my car. As you can see i have no X pipe, i have Y pipe + AMG Back Box with 1 inlet tube.
Ahh i see, your muffler is 1 in and 2 out. I have the E55 muffler that is 2 in and 2 out so it goes all the way from the headers back without joining anywhere. I also have Cats but no resonator...just cats must go!

Keep it up! Sounds great
Old 05-01-2016, 09:57 AM

W210 E430 Avantgarde
SerbNerd

Now i'm gonna change my cat back pipe to 76mm pipe. (now it is about 60mm, on picture i wrote that it was 70mm but it was my fault) and also change sec.cats pipes which are 50mm to 60mm pipes... Sound clip will be soon
Old 05-04-2016, 10:20 AM

W210 E430 Avantgarde
My new Exhaust setup: Cat back System is 76mm

Sound clip and more details will be soon
Old 02-11-2022, 07:43 PM

Mercedes-benz e430 1998 W210
Hello guys. As you know from my previous posts here, I do some reports about interesting mods that I add to my car. After modding exhaust system, changing front brake system, air flow sensor (I installed proper bosch maf for m113 V8 engine), and some interesting mods which i’ve already done with my car, i was going to upgrade my car’s air intake system.

There are many solutions online how to mod your car’s intake system. Some say that it is proper to install aluminium tube with cone filter and that’s all. Some say that you must put your filter under the front bumper, close to the fog lamp to get true cold air and e.t.c.

Doing this job, first goal for me was to get more cold air for my engine, I know that more effective cold air and more effective exhaust system allows car to breath better and it’s = more hp, better performance. P.S. Also Ecu tuning has a big meaning in this job. Also I didn’t want to modify my cars intake system so that it has a whole custom look, I prefer factory look or brand parts (which aren’t cheap).

My car is 00 E430 with factory 279HP 400NM V8 M113.940 E43 engine. But it has the same air intake setup as W210 E320, E280, E240, and I think it isn’t right. Other side on W208 this engine already has 2 tubing intake (AMG style). For Example E430 has 109 hp more than e240 and both them have same air intake setup…. ‘’Mercedes Marketing’’. Same filter, same air box, same tubing, only M113 MAF is bigger. That’s why I decided to modify it to open my engines potential.

Before starting report about new intake install. I want to talk about air filters. On my car after removing cats and resonator, I installed AFE Magnum Pro dry S air filter, it is drop air filter. Against to the stock man filter I want to say that there was 0 difference in performance. I paid about 70$ for this filter without shipping, and get no gains in performance. I haven’t done any dynos and e.t.c. but I can feel my car, and it’s truly that this filter didn’t work for me. (P.S. I've this filter for sale now, if anyone is interested PM).

Many years ago I read online that Gruppe M makes awesome intake systems. As i know they are oriented on BMW’s but also have some stuff for Mercedes. So I started to search Gruppe M intake for my car. Also i know that there is installed rechargeable K&N air filter inside of carbon fibre box. After long searching i finally found one whole setup which was for sale in my country – Georgia. It was installed on BMW E39 which was imported here from Japan. Only thing about i warried was will it fit to my Air flow sensor housing? When i met to seller we measured everything and it fitted perfectly, everything was bolt on, i only have to make mounting piece of steel longer to mount the carbon fiber box to my car.

Two days ago we installed this Gruppe M intake on my car and what a difference. When i fired up my engine after installing and push my accelerator, i feel that car idles more easy, accelerator is sharper and what a sound it makes…. Superb…. Then we went on a test drive. The seller was with me and when i did kick down the esp lamp was blinking even on 70km/h. On lower gears car speens it 18 inch wheels like crazy, even with esp turn on. So i am very pleased with this mode. Online some guys say that Gruppe M doesn’t add performance on car, exactly same told me the seller, but when we were driving in my E430 with this intake installed he told that he wasn’t right about Gruppe M’s performance abilities.

ON E39:

On W210:

Furure Mods: 82 MM trottle body, E55 Cams, and Ecu tuning...

GOT DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! I LOVE IT
I WANT FOR MINES
1998 MERCEDES-BENZ E430 SPORT
780 DOLLARS FOR GRUPPE
DAM I NEED ONE
NICE WORK BRO