E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Gruppe M intake pics!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Gruppe M intake pics!

Freshyip....hope this will suffice

Noted: The Gruppe M unit can be remove and swap with the OEM airbox within minutes for dyno purposes. It's not completely finish, as I never am with a project I start, but I do plan to experiment with different angled silicon hoses and I may change the design layout...gotta put on the rollers first tho.

As for driving impressions, can't really compare it to my previous BMC CDA since I now have the supercharger, however after spending sometime on the install this afternoon I took it out for a test run on the 118 frwy, it pulls like a **** beyond the 4500 prm range. The quality finish of the Gruppe M surpasses any on the other units I've seen on the market.

Old 01-30-2005, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
ur car is got any other pictures?? what kind of supercharger?
Old 01-30-2005, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
Holly cow!!!!! Rich, that looks kicka$$ brutha!

I knew u were up to something but didn't realise color co-ordination was on the agenda . So is that the 320 GruppeM version? Any MAF problems? Dyno before vs after? So how many horses are you pulling now? So many questions!!! Time to invest in a G-Meter if you plan to be experimenting.....if u haven't got it already.

Most important question of all.....what have you done with the B10 cover? :p

Oh BTW, if you want to improve airflow, I think the guy from Portugal Lorinser LV, did do something about that openning behind the grill I seem to remember......and would somehow sealing the inlet against the grill be of any help as well? Just thinking creatively.....

Last edited by Whitey; 01-30-2005 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by moa4r
ur car is got any other pictures?? what kind of supercharger?
I posted a few pics of the car on this forum, a bit outdated tho. Pls check the archives. The supercharger, is the Gen II HPS Magnuson system, I'm ready to experiment with the roots blower; upgraded pulley, alky injection...etc, warranty could be an issue tho, hope HPS is not ready this
Old 01-30-2005, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AC Schnitzer E46
Fawk Richard... your car is oh-so ::drool::
Old 01-30-2005, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Whitey
Holly cow!!!!! Rich, that looks kicka$$ brutha!

I knew u were up to something but didn't realise color co-ordination was on the agenda . So is that the 320 GruppeM version? Any MAF problems? Dyno before vs after? So how many horses are you pulling now? So many questions!!! Time to invest in a G-Meter if you plan to be experimenting.....if u haven't got it already.

Most important question of all.....what have you done with the B10 cover? :p

Oh BTW, if you want to improve airflow, I think the guy from Portugal Lorinser LV, did do something about that openning behind the grill I seem to remember......and would somehow sealing the inlet against the grill be of any help as well? Just thinking creatively.....
:p

Bro...I'm not done yet, the next one in line is the SH*T Anyhow, I'm planning on another vehicle, this one will eventually go back to stock as my daily driver in a few months, but before that...us hardcore dudes need to go ***** out crazzy, that's what we live 4

I'm using the Bimmer 540 unit, same as the M5 but single application. No dyno time as of yet...just installed it this afternoon Man, I hope the MAFS doesn't give me any issues, I've got an extra one I just cleaned for emergencies.

I purchased a few airflow tubes at the dealer (that connects to the opening), I've been cutting it up at different angles to channel the air directly to the mouth of the Gruppe M. But, I'll look into what Lorinser LV has done too.

Most of my old mods are sitting on the shelve in the garage.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Europäischer Saloon
absolutely stunning richard023!
we need some videos, dynos, graphs, and a photoshoot for that badboy!

Sincerely,

Trending Topics

Old 01-30-2005, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
WTF? All that money spent just for the sake of wanting to know how much power u can increase and then back to stock????

Nah, don't worry, I think LoirinserLV just cut off something behind the grill to let more air pass thru....

Mmmm, wonder if that cover will fit a 240
Old 01-30-2005, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by eLemnt | 0ne
Fawk Richard... your car is oh-so ::drool::
Thanks buddy

You reside near the valley area now? I've cross paths with one silver Carlsson E in the Northridge area occassionally...this can't be you now? This dude is a bit head strung, doesn't want to pull over to chit-chat

Last edited by Richard Galing; 01-30-2005 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by freshyip
absolutely stunning richard023!
we need some videos, dynos, graphs, and a photoshoot for that badboy!

Sincerely,
Bro, I wish I had more playtime on my hands, but since it's the beginning of the year, I'm in a "workaholic" mode I'm sure to post some dyno runs within the week. I don't expect the dyno to put out stellar #s, I've been here before with the BMC & a custom CAI...I just hope I don't lose any ponies.

Here's a pic of the BMC CDA:
Old 01-30-2005, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

WTF? All that money spent just for the sake of wanting to know how much power u can increase and then back to stock????

Nah, don't worry, I think LoirinserLV just cut off something behind the grill to let more air pass thru....

Mmmm, wonder if that cover will fit a 240
Need to up the ante on performance, the E430 has it's limits Also, since the car was at the dealer for warranty work, I spent most of my time not in the waiting area but sitting in the showroom vehicles comtemplating...the excitement in buying a new car Just last week I test dove a CLS500 & a C55.

Oh yeah...the tabs behind the grill can be removed.

WTF...the cover only, maybe with a dyno chart included :p

Last edited by Richard Galing; 01-30-2005 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Hahahha, I knew it - CLS! ......and it'll have to be one like the one on my new sig bro.....Brabus lip, in memory of the Black Stealth E430K - to be gone, but not forgotten.........

Give up man, there's hardly anything MB on your car now....I'm surprised MB would even touch that car, lol.

hahahah, yeah, a dyno chart would be useful.........
Old 01-30-2005, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
What are friends for....here's a few pics just to help you with your decision:v ....

Old 01-30-2005, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hahahha, I knew it - CLS! ......and it'll have to be one like the one on my new sig bro.....Brabus lip, in memory of the Black Stealth E430K - to be gone, but not forgotten.........

Give up man, there's hardly anything MB on your car now....I'm surprised MB would even touch that car, lol.

hahahah, yeah, a dyno chart would be useful.........
:p :p Yeah that CLS on your sig looks real MAFIA. No worries buddy, your secret is safe with me I know that's your next MB

As for me, CLS85...by then I'll saved up my funds
Old 01-31-2005, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
rich, very tight, come by one day man, i want to see that beast...the engine cover looks sweet, its the brabus package? also i'm doing that intake as well, i heard it doesn't have any problems on the benz's but a few bimmers have had some problems.... i;m doing that along with a blow off valve....

btw which old mods are on the shelf? i like to take some off your hands......
what happened to the viper? sorry for the 21 questions but all this money for only little time? seems like a waste, no? anyways enjoy it while you can, i'd hate to see the car back to stock, its looks very sweet...
Old 01-31-2005, 02:19 AM
Almost a Member!

Europäischer Saloon

those wheels are....insane....

LOOK AT THE WIDTH OF THOSE TYRES!!!!

Cheers,
Old 01-31-2005, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
davei love those exhaust tips, what are they?
Old 01-31-2005, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 W210 Advantgarde
Standard AMG or CL55 I believe....I don't think that car has much add-ons cosmetically except the wheels, brabus lip, lowering...just done nice....a reason why I admire it
Old 01-31-2005, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
really, those tips look huge for some reason.......i saw a cls fully brabus next to my house today............very clean, of course some old guy was driving it....
Old 01-31-2005, 03:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AC Schnitzer E46
Originally Posted by Richard023
Thanks buddy

You reside near the valley area now? I've cross paths with one silver Carlsson E in the Northridge area occassionally...this can't be you now? This dude is a bit head strung, doesn't want to pull over to chit-chat
Oh no, not me... car is still in Sacramento awaiting parts and what not, hopfully I will have it within a month

You going to the Rose Bowl meet on the 5th?
Old 01-31-2005, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by alexbenz
rich, very tight, come by one day man, i want to see that beast...the engine cover looks sweet, its the brabus package? also i'm doing that intake as well, i heard it doesn't have any problems on the benz's but a few bimmers have had some problems.... i;m doing that along with a blow off valve....

btw which old mods are on the shelf? i like to take some off your hands......
what happened to the viper? sorry for the 21 questions but all this money for only little time? seems like a waste, no? anyways enjoy it while you can, i'd hate to see the car back to stock, its looks very sweet...
Actually, HPS uses the OEM engine cover with some minor triming to fit over the intake plenum...I just painted it and threw some announcements No doubt you'll be very satisfied with the Gruppe M, wait a couple of weeks time before pulling the trigger and I'll keep you posted with any MAFS issues I may encounter. My buddy's Vortech 430 in combination with a Greddy BOV has a sweeeet F1 sound to it.

I'm sure at some point, I'll need to part with the extra crap laying around the garage & storage, I'll let you know when.

My daily driver (W220) is scheduled to a lease return by Sept., the good side of things, It'll free up some funds for the next project, so I anticipate having to return the E back to OEM. The Viper is out of the mix, after having seat time on my buddy's GTS, I'm not feeling the interior...2006 Z06 is worth the wait
Old 01-31-2005, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by eLemnt | 0ne
Oh no, not me... car is still in Sacramento awaiting parts and what not, hopfully I will have it within a month

You going to the Rose Bowl meet on the 5th?
Good stuff

I hope to stop by at the GTG if time permitting, however I have a family B-Day event to attend first

Are you driving the Carlsson E to the GTG?
Old 01-31-2005, 11:40 AM
Out Of Control!

Rich you pimp! :p Very nice mang! Need to see that at the Feb 5 GTG! Maybe you can even take me for a spin/test? :p

So what's next in line? Oh btw where's the NOS bottles? :p
Old 01-31-2005, 04:13 PM

96´E280 6.cyl
Your car looks *****

Really Fantastic.

Just one question.... THE OEM intake box gets the air right from the grill, meaning that no hot air is sucked into the engine, not talking about the heating of the intake box, since the mouth of the intake is right on the grill.

Seeing that GruppeM intake,i see that it isnt really pointed to a place that breathes only fresh air , but maybe in middle of hug HP numbers like yours that doesnt make all that difference

Ill probably be installing one BMC CDA one of these days , and will decide with getting the air from behind the fog light , or try to find a way to make it just like the snorkel that goes from the grill to the intake chamber,
Old 02-01-2005, 05:49 AM
Almost a Member!

Europäischer Saloon
LOL it was you on rennsport, i can't believe it haha i just made a fool out of myself hehe..j/k

BTW what did rennsport help you out with if you don't mind me asking

Sincerely,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gruppe M intake pics!