E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Blackberry Mount installed using Brodit Mount...DVD on the way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E500 Wagon
Blackberry Mount installed using Brodit Mount...DVD on the way

Don’t know if this has been posted before…I did a search and didn’t come up with anything so maybe not. Brodit is a company that makes some very innovative vehicle mounts for everything from PDA’s and phones to video screens (can be mounted behind the headrest or between the back seats)…and there is no cutting or drilling or sticking involved.

I just picked two of their brackets for the W211…and to the brackets you can then mount an adaptor of your choice. I purchased a blackberry adaptor and then two brackets…one for the right side of the console (see pics) and one that mounts to the left side of the dash (didn’t like that one as much and didn’t use it)…also on order is a rear DVD player mount…had a similar mount in my BMW (see pics)…at any rate proclip is the US importer…I typically go to the Brodit site..grab the part numbers I want and then call Proclip to order. If you go to the Brodit site...you can select Mercedes (left or right hand drive)...and then click to see all the options available...hope this helps

http://www.brodit.com
http://www.proclipusa.com

Universal Mounts with the blackberry adaptor

Installed in the car

DVD Mount (for BMW) similar to MBZ…I have one on order

Old 09-10-2005, 04:45 AM

w211
Interesting.....

How does the clip fix to the car? No glue, sticking or drilling?
Old 09-10-2005, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
I believe the proclips just latch onto the interior pieces...no glue or drilling required so it's a nice and clean install.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
This is a great little mounting bracket. Just clips onto the console and fits like a glove. Easily removed. I installed one in 2004 for my iPAQ and it worked out very niclely.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
very nice! I have an iPaq that I want to use as a NAV for when I do take trips out of state but could never figure out where to mount it. I didn't want to buy those windshield mounts cuz it clutters up the dashboard area IMO. This is nice though, can just remove it when I don't need to use it and seems easy and quick enough to do before a trip.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:24 AM

05 E500 Wagon
Great stuff for Audi's too / Had a DVD mount in an allroad we owned
Old 09-10-2005, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
I know maybe I'm a bit **** about this stuff... but doesn't it bother you guys to have those mounts hanging off your console that don't really match the look or color of your interior? I'm sure you all need such items for work related reasons and so.. but I know the way I am, it would drive me crazy having a big black thing hanging off like that. As it is, I hate that wheel cozy I have, but it's identical in color to the interior at least!
Old 09-10-2005, 03:07 PM

'05 e320 cdi, '05 lexus rx330
Originally Posted by CE750
I know maybe I'm a bit **** about this stuff... but doesn't it bother you guys to have those mounts hanging off your console that don't really match the look or color of your interior? I'm sure you all need such items for work related reasons and so.. but I know the way I am, it would drive me crazy having a big black thing hanging off like that. As it is, I hate that wheel cozy I have, but it's identical in color to the interior at least!

My interior is black so that isn't an issue, does anyone have a souce fro that consol clip?
Old 09-10-2005, 03:29 PM

05 E500 Wagon
Originally Posted by kort677

My interior is black so that isn't an issue, does anyone have a souce fro that consol clip?
check my orginal post that I started this topic with...source (with links) is there
Old 09-10-2005, 05:12 PM

05 E500 Wagon
Originally Posted by CE750
Mine matches fine...and it's 5 seconds to remove if I dont want it there...for the blackberry its far better than having it attached to the visor or in the center console...that way I can always see my emails coming in...you know...the ones regarding problems with shipping the wheels I just sold ;-)
Old 09-20-2005, 09:50 PM

Received 267 Likes on 159 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
fit between shifter wood trim and console?

I received Proclips for my E500 and SLK350 today. For what it's worth the SLK350 unit has double-sided tape at both the top and bottom. However, it appears that it will work without using the tape.

These clips are "machined" for a custom fit. I am curious to know if you have noticed any damage to the shifter wood trim on your E-Class. It appears that the clip has to be forced between the wood trim and raised edge of the console. I would think that after time the wood trim would see some wear and tear. I have been considering adding a piece of foam cushion (used on model airplanes) or felt to the edge of the clip that sets on top of the wood shifter trim.

Originally Posted by chenry
Mine matches fine...and it's 5 seconds to remove if I dont want it there...for the blackberry its far better than having it attached to the visor or in the center console...that way I can always see my emails coming in...you know...the ones regarding problems with shipping the wheels I just sold ;-)
Old 09-20-2005, 10:30 PM

05 E500 Wagon
I am curious to know if you have noticed any damage to the shifter wood trim on your E-Class. It appears that the clip has to be forced between the wood trim and raised edge of the console.
Yes it gets pushed in there...No damage so far...probably check again this weekend to be safe

I would think that after time the wood trim would see some wear and tear. I have been considering adding a piece of foam cushion (used on model airplanes) or felt to the edge of the clip that sets on top of the wood shifter trim.
Like the idea let me know if it works
Old 09-20-2005, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by fgwinn

These clips are "machined" for a custom fit. I am curious to know if you have noticed any damage to the shifter wood trim on your E-Class. It appears that the clip has to be forced between the wood trim and raised edge of the console. I would think that after time the wood trim would see some wear and tear. I have been considering adding a piece of foam cushion (used on model airplanes) or felt to the edge of the clip that sets on top of the wood shifter trim.
Mine came with no tape and it stayed absolutely solid in place. When I removed it I saw no indentations or scratches anywhere.